Frodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been on here for the last have hour sifting through today's garbage and i first found this thread now. OH MY GOD!! he looks fabulous. likeness is great. cant wait for this guy. hope samwise looks perfect as well.

If I may....I've taken a few pictures as well. My only real concern is the split in the ankles (as others have mentioned). Costume, accessories and paint application are fantastic IMO. Now, the wait begins for Sam to show up.

Picture018.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Frodo's Elf cloak looks sooo much nicer than the others in your pictures. Glad to see that I will be very pleased if I ever see mine. :banghead

If I may....I've taken a few pictures as well. My only real concern is the split in the ankles (as others have mentioned). Costume, accessories and paint application are fantastic IMO. Now, the wait begins for Sam to show up.

Picture018.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture021.jpg

That does it! That last picture! THAT'S what I've been waiting for! The scale is fantastic! I hereby declare this the best figure EVER after my Faramir repaint! Oh my goodness! Please, please Wednesday--HURRY UP FOR MERCY'S SAKE! AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That does it! That last picture! THAT'S what I've been waiting for! The scale is fantastic! I hereby declare this the best figure EVER after my Faramir repaint! Oh my goodness! Please, please Wednesday--HURRY UP FOR MERCY'S SAKE! AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture021.jpg

Yes Cap'n, that last pics shows the spectacular perspective. I love that he is tiny in comparison. SS may have overdone it with the blueness of the eyes, but Elijah did have some bright blue eyes during certain parts of the trilogy. I think I'll be getting my Frodo tomorrow and Sam either 1 or 2 days after it according to email notifications.

that scale looks great!! these will be shorter than i thought. SS hit a homerun with these guys no question.

Yeah, you're right. This is quality to rival even that of Old Ben and Palpatine. Cool factor aside, it's a superb interpretation of the character that, frankly, I feel is much better than even the PF, just as Ben Kenobi was. A great new body, layers of unrivaled costuming, a truck-load of great accessories and now a proven sculpt with a mighty fine paint job. Yep, this is one of the best. Who'd have thought such a little figure could be such a big deal? Especially with all the panic the first pics created. So much fear and doubt over such a little thing. Such a little thing . . .

I guess it's true. Even the smallest figure can change the course of collecting.
:cool:

Last edited:
I can't wait to buy myself new Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir figures after my honeymoon and get myself Sam and Frodo to go with. A whole bunch of customised fellowship... cannot wait! :rock

Hmmm, I think I may have screwed up. Looks like I had a case of premature cancellation. After seeing how nice Frodo looks, I hope the hobbits don't sell out to fast on the secondary market.

072007frodosam07.jpg

If you ask me it looks like Frodo came out just like the Proto! He looks amazing and now I have to rebuy an Aragorn!

My only nitpick coming from the star wars fan inside of me is the chain and the ring are both gold when the chain should be silver! That is not too bad and it is a quick fix. I am stoked for these guys!:banana

Now, the wait begins for Sam to show up. QUOTE]

I didn't think they were shipped together. Well, I didn't get mine shipped together. I was a little worried and thought SS might have forgotten to ship Sam too. I see mine wasn't the only one that didn't go out together.

Great Pics, CAhobbit. Loved seeing these two shots that showed off his scale and flexibility. Agree with Faramir that that last shot is really great to see. It's like the line is really coming to life. Can't wait to add Gandalf in there.

Applause to Sideshow for stepping up and really making sure the production model lived up to the proto. Seems like they've really taken everyones concerns to heart.

Keep them coming.

I had a question about the hands. Are they typical Sideshow connections or are they Hot Toys style connections?

I guess he looks more like Frodo the character than Frodo as played by whassisname...
Not sure I'll keep the hobbits. I'll wait until I have them in hand to decide.

Back