FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fair enough. :)

I'll be getting both Hobbits eventually anyway. What other choice do we have besides "Afrodo"? :rolleyes:

review_lotr12_1b.jpg

be5e_1_b.JPG

Afrodo kinda looks like, well....judge for yourself:

portrait_of_donny_big.jpg

I really hated having to sell my exclusive Frodo and Sam. :( I just HAD to get my exclusive Indy that I pre-ordered. I hope to get the hobbitts again someday.

I was VERY happy with them once I had them in hand. Sam and Frodo both look like the actors. I had no problem with the paint apps on them. As Dave said they're some of the best recent figures Sideshow has done this year.

Last edited:
Hey! Frodo finally sold out! Now everyone needs to buy the remaining Sams. Seriously, who gets Frodo without Sam? Maybe between this and the exclusive Gandalf selling out, Sideshow may see that the line is not a loss (I know, I know, ridiculous optimism, but hey it could happen)

Hey! Frodo finally sold out! Now everyone needs to buy the remaining Sams. Seriously, who gets Frodo without Sam? Maybe between this and the exclusive Gandalf selling out, Sideshow may see that the line is not a loss (I know, I know, ridiculous optimism, but hey it could happen)

Maybe one day when....

flying.pig.jpg

I got these two for christmas and all i can say is they are the best 1/6th scale figures i own i really can't fault them, there are so many options for posing and they can be dressed for all three films they are perfect figures. The only problem now is i have to get Gandalf.

Yeah i have two now and sold one. Was gonna custom one but $ is tight. Great figure!!!

Finally Frodo has his friend.

I really should get these, but the bean counter in my head says $280 is too much for both these 6" figures then I need Gandalf then Legolas

Frodo and Sam were great figures..I blame all of you so called LOTR fans for the failure of this line...Pretty weak from you guys IMO .

I never intended to collect LOTR I used to illustrate and I considered those my collectables. SW has always been my focus with figures, it was those damned scaled SS/Weta helmets that drew me in to LOTR figures. If SSC didn't make the exclusives (something I can't get in my country easily or cheaply) for this line a part of the essential costume ie Striders cloak & Pipe & Lorien cloaks I might have been less inclined to drift away. I guess i'm not sure if the LOTR fans are into figures as much as other fandoms, they've always struck me as more arty people who would appreciate statues or items made from natural materials steel wood & textiles rather then plastic figures.

PS.. I will get Gandalf

Back