FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, have to agree EC's ring is a v.cheap & worthwhile upgrade. Thanks again for sending mine all the way to the UK!

Never have enough ass kicking Frodo pics.

003-20.jpg

006-19.jpg

004-22.jpg
010-9.jpg

The blade glows blue when Orcs are near (few old ones)

011-3.jpg

002-19.jpg

The Frodo 1/6 has the kind of face that you'd take great pleasure in punching really hard. I'd be interested in seeing a good re-sculpt. I'm sure there might be a good example burried somewhere in this 300+ page thread.

Last edited:
The Frodo 1/6 has the kind of face that you'd taking great pleasure in punching really hard. I'd be interested in seeing a good re-sculpt. I'm sure there might be a good example burried somewhere in this 300+ page thread.

That's just crazy talk. No matter how good a sculpt is there will always be someone who doesn't like it.

That's just crazy talk. No matter how good a sculpt is there will always be someone who doesn't like it.

The faces on these actually are pretty good. I wish they did this good a job on some of the Star Wars pieces. Just got kinda burned out on LOTR's.

Well, I've seen what can be done with the other figures as far as resculpting and repainting (i.e. Aragorn and Legolas), so I'm pretty sure that in the right hands these can be made to look even more like Elijah Wood and Sean Astin. This is just my unqualified opinion of course. I have yet to see the Sam and Frodo 1/6 in person, so it could be the lighting conditions under which these photos were taken. The Aragorn sculpt looks much better in person under natural light than any internet photo I've seen of him. But then again, from web images, the Gandalf and Boromir 1/6 look near perfect.

Please take my opinions with a grain of salt. My personal thoughts aren't worth the crap paper I use to wipe myself with. :eek:

Well, I've seen what can be done with the other figures as far as resculpting and repainting (i.e. Aragorn and Legolas), so I'm pretty sure that in the right hands these can be made to look even more like Elijah Wood and Sean Astin. This is just my unqualified opinion of course. I have yet to see the Sam and Frodo 1/6 in person, so it could be the lighting conditions under which these photos were taken. The Aragorn sculpt looks much better in person under natural light than any internet photo I've seen of him. But then again, from web images, the Gandalf and Boromir 1/6 look near perfect.

Please take my opinions with a grain of salt. My personal thoughts aren't worth the crap paper I use to wipe myself with. :eek:

A buddy of mine has these I think he might have sold off a few of the LOTR pieces though but in person the Frodo and Sam faces are a better quality then past 12 inch figures kinda like the Clone Wars Kenobi. I don't know if it has to do with Hot Toys doing them or what but it is a vast improvement in paint apps.

Well, I've seen what can be done with the other figures as far as resculpting and repainting (i.e. Aragorn and Legolas), so I'm pretty sure that in the right hands these can be made to look even more like Elijah Wood and Sean Astin. This is just my unqualified opinion of course. I have yet to see the Sam and Frodo 1/6 in person, so it could be the lighting conditions under which these photos were taken.

If you're looking for Frodo to look like Elijah, the production figure ruined that. The sculpt is a great representation of him, but the eyes are painted poorly in capturing him, they were perfect on the prototype but the production was a let down. If you photograph him so the eyes are in shadow, you can totally see it but most of the time, if the eyes are showing, the likeness fades a bit. Sam pretty much looks like Sean Astin all the time in hand, but Frodo's paint kills the Elijah in him.

I've got these two coming for christmas thought it was about time to pick them up well for my parents to anyway.

If you're looking for Frodo to look like Elijah, the production figure ruined that. The sculpt is a great representation of him, but the eyes are painted poorly in capturing him, they were perfect on the prototype but the production was a let down. If you photograph him so the eyes are in shadow, you can totally see it but most of the time, if the eyes are showing, the likeness fades a bit. Sam pretty much looks like Sean Astin all the time in hand, but Frodo's paint kills the Elijah in him.

Gonna disagree here. I think nothing was ruined at all in this figure. Again it didn't come out like the proto but welcome to SS 1/6 collecting. I was worried when we saw initial pics, but after seeing some in hand shots i was at relief. And even more so in hand. I happen to like the electric blue of the eyes, while it don't have that HT realism it don't take MUCH away. I very much see E.W. in the figure, not like the first proto shots but then again that's SS. I am very happy with this figure and i like to think i am hard to please.

I still give this figure a 9/10 (only thing stopping a 10 is .5 for loose joints and .5 for a little bit off from proto) I like Frodo more than Gandalf, there i said it!! :)

:frodo

Anyone thinking of getting this figure should think no longer!

\\
004-19.jpg

\

Last edited:
I would also disagree that the production paint killed the likeness. These 2 and Gandalf have the best paint aps and best likenesses of any recent SSC figures.

Back