Free Joe figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that by purchase or by receipt?

Previous info in the thread indicated people purchased the deal after he purchased the deal.

I'm not sure what you mean by receipt.

In any case, I admire Forsaken's attitude towards it. Just surprised SSC didn't be more accomodating to what appears to be their own error.

Previous info in the thread indicated people purchased the deal after he purchased the deal.

I'm not sure what you mean by receipt.

In any case, I admire Forsaken's attitude towards it. Just surprised SSC didn't be more accomodating to what appears to be their own error.

I'd call CS and ask to talk with Mike if that's actually the case. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they'd honor it. He likely got a newb who either wasn't trained or didn't want to deal with his issue.

^^^Could be.

*SPAM* I still have 1 more Cobra Desert Officer from the deal if anyone needs it.

BuddyGus, did you get your package yet?

$15 off now is better than $15 off later, if I can get it, so no complaints about sale items not earning points.

My issue with points is how you don't earn them on something you used points on. So I reserve my points until I can buy something, but by that time SSC's prices have gone up by $30, so it seems I am on a never ending chase to have enough points to buy something flat out.
I am quite surprised by SSC's reaction to Forsaken's issue. Usually they bend over backwards. One time, my wife was cleaning a statue and part of the statue broke! SSC replaced that part even though I offered to pay for it.

I agree with this and I am glad someone said it.I wish Sideshow would give you points even on when you redeem points (similiar to what Alteregocomics does)

and your right!...the points don't help when prices are continually going UP! so by the time you earn those points,those points have to make up for the rising price.

and I agree again that $15 off now,is better than $15 way later..which is why sometimes buying the non exclusive Joes somewhere else beats buying from Sideshow direct.(and yes,not every exclusive piece has been must have, no matter what you elitards say)

I agree with this and I am glad someone said it.I wish Sideshow would give you points even on when you redeem points (similiar to what Alteregocomics does)

and your right!...the points don't help when prices are continually going UP! so by the time you earn those points,those points have to make up for the rising price.

and I agree again that $15 off now,is better than $15 way later..which is why sometimes buying the non exclusive Joes somewhere else beats buying from Sideshow direct.(and yes,not every exclusive piece has been must have, no matter what you elitards say)

Nah, that's a Prog flipflop. He used to belittle freaks for using RPs before they added up to the cost of a full figure.

Nah, that's a Prog flipflop. He used to belittle freaks for using RPs before they added up to the cost of a full figure.

:lecture If by simply reminding them that its a bad move...then I agree, I "belittled" them. :rotfl

My stance above doesn't deviate from the basic concept. Its just in my personal circumstance I apparently don't accumulate points faster than SSC raises prices. Other people may get different milage. I still practice what I preach.

I still hold to the basic idea that using $10 of rewards points on a $100 purchase is a bad move and kindly reminding people of that is my speciality. :lol

In all seriousness, I do recognize that when I finally have enough points in the bucket that they are no longer enough for the latest figure, so I have to keep waiting. It's been ages since I had enough to buy a figure.

I eventually gave up on even pretending that'd ever have $120 in RPs so the last time I used RPs I ended up buying a Mondo poster (fully I might add! :p) I have about $40 RPs at the moment. At the current rate of purchase it'll be 3 years until I have say $150. By then everything will be $200 minimum. :violin:violin SSC are smart cookies.

I'm thinking I'll just use my RPs for another poster or something.

In the old days when SW figures were being cranked out for $60 I was easily accumulating RP to pay for a full figure. The paradigm has shifted. :lol

Reward points get even SLOWER to earn when Sideshow will only be pumping out 2-3 joes a year now

Reward points get even SLOWER to earn when Sideshow will only be pumping out 2-3 joes a year now

:exactly::exactly:

Because most of my recent purchases have used a promotion code I only have 1 item (Bludd) in my pending RP list.

I'm thinking they just want us to use whatever disposable income on Hot Toys instead.

:exactly::exactly:

Because most of my recent purchases have used a promotion code I only have 1 item (Bludd) in my pending RP list.

I did the same so far either broke even with the promo code vs what reward points I would of earned or got a few dollars more off. In the end its the same thing I guess.

Well that and you don't earn any RP for promos, gift cards used, you should earn points for ever dollar not if its just a regular priced item, other stores give out reward points for sale items, like alteregocomics i noticed, havn't bought from them thou'

Back