Free Joe figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was paint, but it would be impossible to match that high gloss black they used on the helmet. Definately not worth just taking the $20.

I'm surprised there aren't more Hawks on ebay ATM, I'm assuming since I picked up an exclusive when it came it out, I'm not able to apply reward points to get another figure.

That's a new one for me. They don't have anything to do with each other, unless you mean another Ex, but that's been sold out a while.

Even so, when Ex's are in stock people can buy as many as they want, I believe.

yeah it's weird. when I put Hawk or Zartan in my cart, it won't let me add reward points, but it also says that I will NOT earn any reward points either :dunno

You know, I'm betting they never reset it from their promotion. You don't wanna buy one of them at full price after a promotion anyway, do you?....:lol

You know, I'm betting they never reset it from their promotion. You don't wanna buy one of them at full price after a promotion anyway, do you?....:lol

:monkey3

I was going to use my reward points to get an extra Hawk. I snoozed on the free offer so getting one for free using reward points was plan B. Working on a custom and need about 50% of Hawks parts so I decided to just get a whole figure rather buying buying pieces at a time.

I talked to Sideshow Customer Service and they had no idea what happened. :dunno

No offer to send the figure either, just "we're out of the promo items." Anyway not going to worry too much about it except that I will probably hesitate on any future promotions.

I talked to Sideshow Customer Service and they had no idea what happened. :dunno

No offer to send the figure either, just "we're out of the promo items." Anyway not going to worry too much about it except that I will probably hesitate on any future promotions.

+1 I like your attitude.

I have a Cobra Desert Officer (from the free figure promo) and a Cobra Ninja Viper that I'm looking to sell or trade. If anyone is interested, PM me. I would actually trade both for a CG if someone would like to work out a deal like that.

Looks like Hawk, RnR, and Desert Trooper are all still in stock. I would be pretty PO'd if I were you honestly. They screwed up. But your attitude is definitely admirable. :clap

I have a Cobra Desert Officer (from the free figure promo) and a Cobra Ninja Viper that I'm looking to sell or trade. If anyone is interested, PM me. I would actually trade both for a CG if someone would like to work out a deal like that.

Are you looking for a Rock and Roll??? I am looking for a Black Ninja, or
Cobra officer for trade?

If you were told my a Supervisor "No!" then game over, but if a regular rep just told you no, I would KEEP PRESSING ON :impatient: asking and asking for a free figure until somebody says okay fine, i had to ask a lot to get a discount on a Gi Joe that ended 5 days prior and the Supervisor gave it to me at a discount.

But I would be pretty mad and would almost give up buying from them altogether but as a company stand point im sure they said ok were going to give away 1000 figures even thou we might have 3000 in stock and when that 1000 goes the promo ends, i think it sucks how ppl placed orders after other ppl and still got a free figure can't quite figure that out.. Iono if it wasn't for Flex Pay, i think i would go else were (alteregocomics maybe?)but Flex pay works in my favor so they have me locked in until JUNE!!!!! every month :panic:

One more thing i hate about SS, is i have hardly NO POINTS "Zero" from the 5 figures I bought because I used some type of gift card or participated in a promo.. I mean if you spend X amount of cash you should get X amount of points, they make it impossible to earn points, for the thrifty shopper.

$15 off now is better than $15 off later, if I can get it, so no complaints about sale items not earning points.

My issue with points is how you don't earn them on something you used points on. So I reserve my points until I can buy something, but by that time SSC's prices have gone up by $30, so it seems I am on a never ending chase to have enough points to buy something flat out.

I am quite surprised by SSC's reaction to Forsaken's issue. Usually they bend over backwards. One time, my wife was cleaning a statue and part of the statue broke! SSC replaced that part even though I offered to pay for it.

Last edited:
I don't see what the whining is over. The offer clearly stated "Through October 31st or while supplies last." It's clear they set aside a limited amount to give away for the promotion and that quota was reached before the 31st.

I don't see what the whining is over. The offer clearly stated "Through October 31st or while supplies last." It's clear they set aside a limited amount to give away for the promotion and that quota was reached before the 31st.

Well...what does "while supplies last" mean? People who bought during the promotion after him got the deal. They clearly have supplies in inventory.

Back