Freddy VS. Jason

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddysnightmares

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have heard mixed reviews on Freddy Vs. Jason and i wanted to hear what you guys think about it. Personaly, i like the film, the only problems for me were these:

1. Kia not getting cut in half even when Jason hits her.
2. Jason walks to slow
3. Why is Jason afraid of the water in the dream?

he was scared of the water because he drowned in it,which of course set pam off

this was an odd film for me.
when i saw it the first time i thought it was horrible. I wanted a gritty hardgore film and hated the campiness of it.
Then I watched it again and knew what to expect, or what NOT to expect, and loved it.... :monkey1

he was scared of the water because he drowned in it,which of course set pam off

Show me another Jason movie where he's afraid of water.....

I dig it. It was the first Jason movie I saw.....fun time in the theater.

I liked it. A bit cheesy now and then but it was to be expected. Jason looked bad ass and freddy as the demon really took the character into a new dimension. Two bad ass movie icons in one film you just can't go wrong. Just don't take it seriously and you will enjoy it alot more.

I love FvJ!!! So does my wife.. in fact aside from SW,LOTR,and conan.. FvJ is my most watched movie. Is it scary.. no... but's it's cool as hell! The music made this flick :rock

I like it. It has it's flaws (mainly horrible acting from the kids) but fun to watch overall. I personally don't consider it a Friday film nor an Elm St film but as a stand alone movie.

I hated this movie when I saw it at the theater but it has grown on me after watching it a few more times. Monica Keena was one of the highlights and Yu having Jason be a lumbering automaton was a real negative.

I had a blast when I saw it in the theater, at home it doesn't quite hold up. I do remember being pissed that the lead actress never unleashed the goods. How do you cast a chick with a body like that in a movie like this and not show anything. It's like the director just walking right into the theater and spitting in your face.

Freddy vs Jason did pretty well at the box office as I recall, I'm shocked there weren't any vs movies that followed. I really wanted to see the much rumored Freddy vs Jason vs Ash. I think that would've been hysterical.

I thought the film was very cheesy but loved the Jason parts ........... the intro, fight scenes and ending. The lead actress was beyond horrid and borderline ruined this film for me. I understand its just a horror film but that broad is a lousy actress. Actually every single female actress reminded me of a Scream or I know what you did last summer movie.

Overall I really liked the way Jason looked in this film and I liked the fact that he was overly dopey and slow. So imo the movie sucked but there were things about it that I still enjoyed. Nothing great.

Freddy vs Jason did pretty well at the box office as I recall, I'm shocked there weren't any vs movies that followed. I really wanted to see the much rumored Freddy vs Jason vs Ash. I think that would've been hysterical.

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash was made as a trade paperback comic book, and it's an excellent one at that.

Apparently, it's out of print, but I recently saw a copy at my local Barnes and Noble. You could try looking at your local B&N or Borders.

I thought this was a refreshing revival of the two series. Perhaps one of the best sequels in both series. Loved it!

I had a blast when I saw it in the theater, at home it doesn't quite hold up. I do remember being pissed that the lead actress never unleashed the goods. How do you cast a chick with a body like that in a movie like this and not show anything. It's like the director just walking right into the theater and spitting in your face.

i totally agree,the movie is meant to be seen in a theatre,and the movie needed more titties in it without doubt,f-13 movies and titties belong together

Yeah, I really enjoyed the movie for similar reasons as why Robert Englund thought a lot of fans would enjoy it. they're both a few decades old franchises and we're familiar enough with them to warrant a kind of 'mummy vs. wolfman' kind of spectacle. they're household names and it was great fun to see these two go at it in a sort of slapstick, gory arena smackdown. good fun. never tried to be much other than that and I thought it succeeded.

remember the rave? too good.

I liked the movie. They did a good job of blurring the two into the same world without breaking too many "rules" from previous movies.

Last edited:
Back