Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a wild guess: maybe fred gave retailers a discount for buying in bulk, and they passed the savings down to consumers...

just a wild guess: maybe fred gave retailers a discount for buying in bulk, and they passed the savings down to consumers...

No No No. When you are a distributor with Sideshow you get 35% off Hot Toys. Anything Sideshow makes or is the middle man for you can get UP to 55% off. So get a store, make it movie, comic themed and get all the discounts you want. The only rule they have is that you can sell the products for less then 10% msrp. Fred is making a lot more $ on people he directly sells to vs retailers. I bought 2 from Fred. I kinda want out now that it so open for anyone to have it vs the forum world.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this BBTS has these up for sale to now $799....cheaper than Fred or SS...whats going on here??

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FRD10000&mode=retail

Chris

sucks i know...doesn't effect me cause i'm done ordering from BBTS, the people that order from BBTS will be lucky if they get the bust by 12-21-2012.

but it doesn't matter anymore because:
SOLD OUT
Our Price: $799.99

List Price $849.99

looks like they have a VERY limited quantity.

This situation is starting to Pi$$ me off. So in order to get more money in he told his private buyers they were selling fast and we had to secure a piece early with a deposit. Obviously they weren't selling out at all. It's tempting to call up and ask for a refund on the deposit as his original advert is false.

This situation is starting to Pi$$ me off. So in order to get more money in he told his private buyers they were selling fast and we had to secure a piece early with a deposit. Obviously they weren't selling out at all. It's tempting to call up and ask for a refund on the deposit as his original advert is false.

I second that. I love Robocop but its hollow and weighs 10 pounds and Sideshow now wants to do more 1/2 figures!!!! Wolverine, Wolf Pred, and Maul. I will get one of them.

I would be down, if i didn't already authorize him to charge my card for the remaining balance. It's very annoying that WE thought we were taking advantage of this GREAT EXCLUSIVE deal of 850.00 - 100.00 if we preordered directly through Fred, paid the 425.00 up from only to find there are two established retailers WITH 100% satisfaction guarantee return policies offering the bust at a cheaper price :slap

at this point i'm uncertan if it's shame on me for ordering it right off the bat from a place with NO RETURN POLICY, or shame on Fred for making us think it was an exclusive and totally locking into this deal with NO RETURN POLICY and NO REFUND AVAILABLE :dunno

No f--king sh-t! :mad:

This is ridiculous!

at this point i'm uncertan if its shame on me for ordering it right off the bat from a place with NO RETURN POLICY, or shame on Fred for making us think it was an exclusive and totally locking into this deal with NO RETURN POLICY and NO REFUND AVAILABLE :dunno

False advertising so any court you take it to and say the simple facts, open and shut case. With that said I doubt Fred would be argue if you asked for a refund in the first place.

I would be down, if i didn't already authorize him to charge my card for the remaining balance. It's very annoying that WE thought we were taking advantage of this GREAT EXCLUSIVE deal of 850.00 - 100.00 if we preordered directly through Fred, paid the 425.00 up from only to find there are two established retailers WITH 100% satisfaction guarantee return policies offering the bust at a cheaper price :slap

at this point i'm uncertan if it's shame on me for ordering it right off the bat from a place with NO RETURN POLICY, or shame on Fred for making us think it was an exclusive and totally locking into this deal with NO RETURN POLICY and NO REFUND AVAILABLE :dunno

Other than receiving it early (which is meaningless)... ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE FOR PRE-ORDERING FROM FRED BARTON!!!!

Complete and utter garbage!

No No No. When you are a distributor with Sideshow you get 35% off Hot Toys. Anything Sideshow makes or is the middle man for you can get UP to 55% off. So get a store, make it movie, comic themed and get all the discounts you want. The only rule they have is that you can sell the products for less then 10% msrp. Fred is making a lot more $ on people he directly sells to vs retailers. I bought 2 from Fred. I kinda want out now that it so open for anyone to have it vs the forum world.

i wasn't talking about sideshow. i was referring to bbts. but whatever.

i understand if some of you are p1ssed off. it does seem a little underhanded. but that doesn't change the quality of the product does it? now, if my piece arrived with paint defects or something, then i'd be really really mad. i'm holding out hope for this to still be worth all the controversy. :pray:

comic-con_2011_20110720_1861659712.jpg

Source: comingsoon.net & superherohype

Last edited:
i wasn't talking about sideshow. i was referring to bbts. but whatever.

i understand if some of you are p1ssed off. it does seem a little underhanded. but that doesn't change the quality of the product does it? now, if my piece arrived with paint defects or something, then i'd be really really mad. i'm holding out hope for this to still be worth all the controversy. :pray:

:rotfl:slap:rotfl:slap BBTS is a distributor. They buy from Sideshow directly.

The paintjob on the armour looks great. The face, hmm hard to tell from this but doesn't look great.

Regardless of what's going on this bust looks the dogs danglies.
If your lucky enough to have disposable income to fund one congrats.

I would not cancel if I had the chance to order one.
Either you love the item or you don't. It not as if there will be another robo bust out in the next few years.

The paintjob on the armour looks great. The face, hmm hard to tell from this but doesn't look great.
Id say the face paint looks too orange but that could be the camera, look at the carpet its really bright red.

man..i was soooo excited for the past few days, until i read the last few threads....:monkey2

but i still dig this piece, and i hope it doesnt get screwed up...:pray:

Back