Fred barton 1:1 Robocop bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i understand if some of you are p1ssed off. it does seem a little underhanded. but that doesn't change the quality of the product does it? now, if my piece arrived with paint defects or something, then i'd be really really mad. i'm holding out hope for this to still be worth all the controversy. :pray:

I agree with this. While I am a bit bothered, in the end as long as my piece arrives and looks awesome, that's all I care about.

I agree with this. While I am a bit bothered, in the end as long as my piece arrives and looks awesome, that's all I care about.

This is true. Sure we get ticked every now and then but at the end of the day this piece is just sick. As much as I despise winter December can't come soon enough.

Thanks for the link Ash. This pic below clearly illustrates eariler in this thread i said:
I believe this piece will look best if displayed at or above eye level.

IMG_9397.JPG

this bust will look great when displayed above eye level...looking up at the bust. The picture taken at the con by COOLTOYREVIEW is looking slightly downward at the bust which is not the most flattering angle, highlighting the open mouth expression. While Sideshow's money shot is taken slightly looking up at the bust and it looks pretty much perfect
901516_press01-001.jpg

I got so excited when I saw this! I thought to myself this is perfect I have a birthday coming up and what better reason does a man need to spoil himself. I have a few HT and a PF, but I've always wanted to have at least one full size collectible and being a child of the 80s who better than Robocop! However once I checked out the specs on SSC and learned it is a rotomold I wan't too thrilled. Rotomolding is used for plastics, I don't want to pay $850 for a 10lb piece of plastic. Now if someone who knows more about this piece can fill me in on what material its molded in I would be very greatful. sorry for the long post.

I got so excited when I saw this! I thought to myself this is perfect I have a birthday coming up and what better reason does a man need to spoil himself. I have a few HT and a PF, but I've always wanted to have at least one full size collectible and being a child of the 80s who better than Robocop! However once I checked out the specs on SSC and learned it is a rotomold I wan't too thrilled. Rotomolding is used for plastics, I don't want to pay $850 for a 10lb piece of plastic. Now if someone who knows more about this piece can fill me in on what material its molded in I would be very greatful. sorry for the long post.

i feel u..
anyone actually know wat rotomold really is?
i have not a clue :dunno

I was just going to say the same thing you said Ash. :lol

I posted this a while back in the thread. The piece is made from roto-cast Urethane Resin. It is roto-cast (that is hollow), so that it is lightweight to keep the shipping costs down. At 28" tall, if this was solid, it would cost an arm and a leg to ship. I don't know much about urethane resin, but from my understanding, it is a very strong material, and stronger than polystone.

Best pic yet. I think it's a matter of lighting. However they would have put extra care into this particular bust as it's being used to show off the piece. Some of the pics display a sloppy paint app around the face just inside the chin guard. The teeth aren't an issue for me at all. The armour looks stunning.

I posted this a while back in the thread. The piece is made from roto-cast Urethane Resin. It is roto-cast (that is hollow), so that it is lightweight to keep the shipping costs down. At 28" tall, if this was solid, it would cost an arm and a leg to ship. I don't know much about urethane resin, but from my understanding, it is a very strong material, and stronger than polystone.

Thanks for the info Reinhardt. I had visited the thread a couple of times before, I just thought it was a one off custom and not a production piece until a few days ago.

Back