Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaktacular 2016

I've never won a Sideshow contest, but I think they message you to let you know you if you won. I think I remember Susan saying to check your inbox on Facebook after the contests last year. If the person that won didn't respond then they picked another winner.

Facebook I can handle... the others not so much.

How many years have you tried? I did my first one back in 2009 and for the first few years it was pretty great.

I think my first Spook was 2010--it might have been 2009. I know quite a few people on here that won several Sideshow contests in the early years, but I didn't. I still enter everything on their site and some stuff on social media. No luck yet.

OK, Ghostbusters contest is over. Remind me to never do a trivia contest again. :lol I should have learned my lesson after the Terminator one last year.

The answers are:

1. For whom was the original role of Dr. Peter Venkman originally written? JOHN BELUSHI
2. Who was originally cast as Louis Tully but left the film due to creative differences? JOHN CANDY
3. What was the 800 number from a Ghostbusters commercial that was disconnected because so many people called in? 1-800-654-1984
4. What phone number did they end up using in the film? 555-2368
5. What was the original title of the film? GHOST SMASHERS

The people that answered all of them correctly were: punkg42, crows, Veil1, and Golden_Boy

DPJA3xb.gif

Congratulations, Veil1! I already have your address. I'll let you know when I get the box shipped out.

I know the 1-800 number was tough to find, but it's out there. I even found a newspaper ad with it advertised. :lol

View attachment 300739

Google lied to me! These were my search results which said 800-555-2368
https://www.google.com/#q=ghostbusters+800+number

I knew that seemed too simple, but Google doesn't lie! :lecture

I found the answer in the comments in here lol

https://m.reddit.com/r/todayilearne...the_original_ghostbusters_trailer_featured_a/

I'm not even doing Twitter or whatever

My main thing is I'm not all that willing to publicly embarrass myself. I don't really feel like posting begging-for-prizes nonsense that my relatives/friends will see - especially on Facebook where I can't easily have a second alias.

I think my first Spook was 2010--it might have been 2009. I know quite a few people on here that won several Sideshow contests in the early years, but I didn't. I still enter everything on their site and some stuff on social media. No luck yet.

I'm surprised and sorry to hear that. It's been quite a while for me now, but back then I probably won like 5-10 times through various Spooktacular chances. Hope your luck improves, even if there's less to go around these days.

OK, Ghostbusters contest is over. Remind me to never do a trivia contest again. :lol I should have learned my lesson after the Terminator one last year.

The answers are:

1. For whom was the original role of Dr. Peter Venkman originally written? JOHN BELUSHI
2. Who was originally cast as Louis Tully but left the film due to creative differences? JOHN CANDY
3. What was the 800 number from a Ghostbusters commercial that was disconnected because so many people called in? 1-800-654-1984

The people that answered all of them correctly were: punkg42, crows, Veil1, and Golden_Boy

DPJA3xb.gif

Congratulations, Veil1! I already have your address. I'll let you know when I get the box shipped out.

giphy.gif

Thanks a ton Zod, you rule!

Wanna play a game?

I need 7 people, post if you want in for a chance to win a Court of Mort kit!

The answers are:

DPJA3xb.gif

I was so close, I could smell the slime! SMELL IT!!! :lol Congrats Veil! Awesome contest Zod!

Wpgxq.gif

Back