Freaktacular 2017 Contest Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just keeping track of my contests/giveaways here, mainly for my own tracking. Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

Contest #1: Creature from the Black Lagoon digital code - won by Centurion
Contest #2: The Wolf Man digital code - won by The Boot
Contest #3: Dracula digital code - won by Cicada17
Contest #4: Entertainment Weekly 1-year subscription - won by Cicada17
Contest #5: Frankenstein digital code - won by Cicada17
Contest #6: The Invisible Man digital code - dropped in thread, winner unknown
Contest #7: Hot Topic Flocked Porg Exclusive - won by Trash Panda

Last edited:
AMR Freaktacular Contest #2 :winkpumpk

Welcome all to another year of Spooks! Ready for Contest #2 from me? Very simple contest and it’s going to be fun with bunch of goodies to go around! First off rule time! You must be a member of the Sideshow Freaks Forum, You have to at least be apart of the forum for about 2 years with more than 50 posts, Must be 18 years or older, For this contest I want you to post and answer 3 questions below relating with the Classic Universal Monsters. You must have seen the films and know of the characters in order to enter the contest. Contest will end Sunday October 29th, 2017 at 12PM Eastern Time. I have 4 prizes to give out this go around so there will be 4 winners. Can you believe that 4 winners?! I will post this contest in the contest thread and the main Freaktacular thread. Post your answers and message me the answers too so I can keep track easily. Let’s have some more fun shall we?

Prizes:
1: Sideshow Collectibles Universal Monsters Series 1 The Mummy Figure
29c8a5x.jpg

2: Universal Monsters Walmart Glow in the Dark DVD “Random”
11gmzdf.jpg

3: Universal Glow in the Dark Horror DVD 2017 "Random"
acsq43.jpg

4: Creature from the Black Lagoon Digital Code

2m5b75u.jpg

1: Who is your Favorite Universal Studios Classic Monster? Why? BTW mine is The Mummy

2: Post any quote that is your favorite from any of the Classic Films. Can be the first or many sequels within the series of monster flicks. “Make sure to be different and creative. If someone posts the quote before you choose another.”

3: Guess the first Universal Monster Flick I saw when I was 4. On top of that tell me a story of when you first saw the Classic Monsters. I'll reveal my story when the contest ends and I pick the 4 who will be drawn for the prizes.

Not bad at all right? This time it won’t be random I want all answers to be as heartfelt and fun. I’ll pick the first 4 to guess the film I saw that hooked me into the classics for the drawing of the 4 prizes and i'll pick out best quotes and stories. Keep that in mind. I will reveal the DVD's that will be for the two prizes when contest ends Sunday.Have fun all and stay spooky!

Ryan:mummy

Extending my contest to Monday night so get going and enter!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reminder for my contest extension ends tonight so if you want to enter post your entry here or in the Freaktacular thread which has my post too. Will end it by 8pm est. Here's the reveal of the DVD's I'll be giving away! On top of the Wal-Mart glow in the dark DVD's the Sideshow Mummy and Creature digital code is being given away. Hurry!

Ryan
bb83ae79e8570cf0c47797cb4b900772.jpg

And... contest closed! Will post the results in the morning. Good luck!

Alright.... Time to announce the winners of my contest. but before I do let me answer the question on which was my first classic monster movie I saw and that was... Frankenstein! THis is how I got hooked. So I was about 4 and amc was playing all the classics around october. My parents told me to go to bed but around 12 at night I got up to go downstairs since I was afraid of some shadow in the room. as I go downstairs my father is still awake watching a movie. I look and he's watching Frankenstein. As a kid I didn't know it but as Colin Clive pulls the sheet back and reveals the monster I jumped back. Next thing you know he's showing the monster go into the air and being shocked. When the monster comes down and moves and Colin Clive screams he's alive as the hand moved I trembled with fear and went back up into my room. Next day it was playing again before I went to school and I asked my mom if she knew what movie my dad was watching last night and she asked. He told her and she searched the channel and they were having a classic marathon all day. She puts it on and records the movie on a VHS and when I got home I watched it. That is how I got into the classic monsters after I watched Frankenstein I watched Dracula, Wolfman and of course Creature from the Black Lagoon. I watched the original Mummy once as a kid but I barely remeber watching it.. I watched Mummy's Hand and Ghost more. That is my story on how I got into the classics. Me being scared seeing the corpse and running to my room thinking about is it possible to bring the dead back really intrigued and scared the hell out of me. That is my story and Frankenstein was the first for me but most of my memories as I recall all the classics are my true first films into the cinema besides Godzilla. Now for the winners!

And the winners are....

1:xipotec "Sideshow Mummy"
2:Centurion "Frankenstein 1931 Glow in the Dark DVD"
3:Crows "The Strangers Glow in the Dark DVD"
4:Kenbenobi "Creature from the Black Lagoon Digital Code"

Wow and there you go. Very hard to decide on who won all had really good answers but xipotex guessed Frankenstein correct and had a good story. The rest of the winners had great stories too wish I could give everyone something to win. Congrats to the winners i'll be messaging you shortly! Stay spooky!

Ryan

Back