Frankenstein the Revenant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantom011

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So back in 2002 at the San Diego Comic Con, the Sideshow Original Design Series was introduced, and the first figure that was to be produced was this:

FrankensteinTheRevenant.jpg

Frankenstein the Revenant. Whatever happened to what looked to be an ultra cool line of re-interpretations of classic monsters? Thanks.

Yea, and I was wanting that figure. I think it was supposed to be part of their original themed line. Would still like one please :D

Yeahhh..i remember seeing this figure in tomarts...I still would buy it today...id like to see this prototype...

I still have that issue of Tomarts. I'd love SSC to make this figure, I don't think there is any property rights issues so I can't figure out why they haven't made this guy yet. I have a good idea on why Sideshow initially didn't make it when they previewed him so many years ago (when SSC figures were selling at major retail stores ;) ), but I really want Sideshow to respond.

Oh wow, that's fantastic! They really need to make that. I'd love them to do a whole line of their original designs for monsters if that's the quality of interpretation.

That figure is just screaming to be made. I hope they reconsider. The area of original interpretations of classic characters is such a deep mine.

Nick

This is a great figure,far more exciting and original than yet another licensed product.I'd buy it at a higher price point if it ever came to that....I would think the potential edition size would be less than 500.

SIDESHOW 'S STAFF ..WE NEED TO HAVE ANSWERS HERE....WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO FRANKENSTEIN THE REVENANT ????

Looks like there's still quite a bit of interest in this figure and the proposed line. So, how about it, Sideshow? I'd buy one of these guys in a heartbeat.

Well I wouldn't say better than Karloff, but it is pretty damn nice and original, especially the clothes. Make him and he will sell :banana

Thanks for the answer, shaithis77; I'm not surprised that production costs would be high on a figure of this quality. Particularly with the unique sculpts of his forearms and torso, not to mention the incredibly well detailed outfit and accessories.

I will say that I think it's an outstanding design; puts me in mind of the literary version of the Monster, which I've always wanted to see produced. For what it's worth, you've got another guaranteed buyer if you ever decide to produce it. (and I HOPE you do!):D

shaithis77 said:
At the time, the production cost was too high.

In the future- ya never know...

Sideshow claim this figure was too costly to produce. That's fair enough on the surface, but what price do they consider too costly, what edition size were they contemplating. Seeing most 1/6 figures priced at the $45 mark and more recently up to the $55, maybe the time is coming where they will evetually get this figure made. You know it has to happen. You do know that, don't you Sideshow?

I always thought they never made him because of a lack of mass market retailer (Toys R Us, Suncoast) support.
But there's no reason for Sideshow not to release him now. No more Mass Market retailers, no license, and Sideshow is making more costly figures now a days.
Maybe we'll see him at SDCC?

Back