Fox - Silver Surfer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even with his ridiculous portrayal of him, I'd like it a whole lot more if he was ****ing red.

I cannot take anyone seriously that says that X-Men: The Last Stand was a GOOD movie

that right there is how I can tell that Snikt is just trolling. hes just messing with you guys. it is a subtle troll but hes probably laughing right now

X men the last stand is the movie that destroyed the character of Jean Grey and ended that trilogy on a bad note
It was so bad they had to fix it with x men days of future past
They literally had to fix the awfulness of The Last Stand by erasing it with a new movie :lol

For a movie that lost its director twice, had a pre-production schedule of 6 weeks & a principal photography schedule of 9 weeks, it's a pretty good action movie. Its nowhere near as cerebral as it would have been under Singer, but still very watchable and at times excellent via its action sequences. The fight at Jean's house was particularly engaging. The score by Powell is also very impressive.

So yeah, X3 is far from terrible, just fails to live up to the potential established by the brilliant X2 and suffers from a rushed production pace which is evident onscreen.

The guy doesn't understand the insane cinematic value of Logan lol dude keeps saying "It was Hugh Jackman's last movie..." every time because he hasn't been able to reconcile why it's so important to the genre.

If Hawley delivered a Best Picture Nominated Dr. Doom movie starring Mads Mikkelsen He'd still say "Disney knows how to do Marvel characters better than FOX".

It's gonna take a while for people like this to wrap their heads around the ceiling FOX keeps breaking with what they've doing since FC.

For a movie that lost its director twice, had a pre-production schedule of 6 weeks & a principal photography schedule of 9 weeks, it's a pretty good action movie. Its nowhere near as cerebral as it would have been under Singer, but still very watchable and at times excellent via its action sequences. The fight at Jean's house was particularly engaging. The score by Powell is also very impressive.

So yeah, X3 is far from terrible, just fails to live up to the potential established by the brilliant X2 and suffers from a rushed production pace which is evident onscreen.

the movie ruined the continuity of the second one. the movie took out favorite characters from the other 2, the movie is a mess plot wise, the movie made Jean Grey and Phoenix into a henchman. the movie's new characters (The villains) are pathetic and ridiculous. the movie wasted Angel, the movie had a ridiculous last fight.
there is almost nothing good or redeeming about it, everyone gets neutered, the movie takes out Cyclops like a *****. no real closure, the movie doesnt bring anything new besides mutants fighting each other. the cure plot is an afterthought. Mystique is wasted. Xavier is wasted,

you KNOW that if they didnt erase x men 3 with Days of Future past, we could have never had a LOGAN right? you do know that right? they had to LITERALLY ERASE X Men 3 in order to fix the franchise..... imagine that, a studio had to ERASE one of their movies from existence (And in doing that erase the other two basically) in order to be able to create The Logan you love so much.... how much of a failure is that? what a fail existence of a movie. a movie that killed the trilogy. a movie that wasted half its characters.
I still think you must be messing with us because no one ever would consider x men 3 a Blue movie not with how it ruined everything

Not really.

The bad in red, mediocre in yellow, good in blue, amazing in black.

FOX (Rothman regime)

1. X-Men (2000)
2. Daredevil (2003)
3. X2: X-Men United (2003)
4. Elektra (2005)
5. Fantastic Four (2005)
6. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
7. Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer (2007)
8. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

FOX (after Rothman's departure)

9. X-Men: First Class (2011)
10. The Wolverine (2013)
11. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
12. Fantastic 4 (2015)
13. Deadpool (2016)
14. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
15. Logan (2017)

MCU

1. Iron Man (2008)
2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
4. Thor (2011)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
6. The Avengers (2012)
7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
10. Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
12. Ant-Man (2015)
13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
14. Doctor Strange (2016)
15. Guardians of The Galaxy: Volume 2 (2017)
16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
18. Black Panther (2018)
tumblr_p2nrf5wpi51vl8qxbo1_500.gif

So yeah, X3 is far from terrible
giphy.gif

I just can't wait until the Disney buy out of FOX is completed and we can start seeing all these Marvel characters interact in the same cinematic universe. All of the FOX Marvel movies (except Deadpool) will become obsolete at that time. Rumor has it that if the Warner and at&t deal falls apart, Warner is going to sell off DC. Disney just needs to swoop in and buy DC as well. It would be so worth it just to see some heads explode around here. :lol

the movie ruined the continuity of the second one. the movie took out favorite characters from the other 2, the movie is a mess plot wise, the movie made Jean Grey and Phoenix into a henchman. the movie's new characters (The villains) are pathetic and ridiculous. the movie wasted Angel, the movie had a ridiculous last fight.
there is almost nothing good or redeeming about it, everyone gets neutered, the movie takes out Cyclops like a *****. no real closure, the movie doesnt bring anything new besides mutants fighting each other. the cure plot is an afterthought. Mystique is wasted. Xavier is wasted,

you KNOW that if they didnt erase x men 3 with Days of Future past, we could have never had a LOGAN right? you do know that right? they had to LITERALLY ERASE X Men 3 in order to fix the franchise..... imagine that, a studio had to ERASE one of their movies from existence (And in doing that erase the other two basically) in order to be able to create The Logan you love so much.... how much of a failure is that? what a fail existence of a movie. a movie that killed the trilogy. a movie that wasted half its characters.
I still think you must be messing with us because no one ever would consider x men 3 a Blue movie not with how it ruined everything

As usual, you seem to have ignored the parts of my post relevant to the problems with X3. The production was in serious trouble. They had 3 months to plan and shoot. Actors like Marsden became unavailable due to other commitments. They still pulled it off. Is it perfect? Far from it. But for a rush job it's damn watchable and entertaining.

Rothman was the main reason for X3's problems in that he drove away Vaughn leaving the production director-less and short on time.

I just can't wait until the Disney buy out of FOX is completed and we can start seeing all these Marvel characters interact in the same cinematic universe. All of the FOX Marvel movies (except Deadpool) will become obsolete at that time. Rumor has it that if the Warner and at&t deal falls apart, Warner is going to sell off DC. Disney just needs to swoop in and buy DC as well. It would be so worth it just to see some heads explode around here. :lol

This is the usual misguided mentality regarding this genre. You want a mostly mediocre studio to take over the X-Men just so they can [pointlessly] interact with other Marvel characters even if it means their respective movies being mediocre.

The world deserves to end.

As usual, you seem to have ignored the parts of my post relevant to the problems with X3. The production was in serious trouble. They had 3 months to plan and shoot. Actors like Marsden became unavailable due to other commitments. They still pulled it off. Is it perfect? Far from it. But for a rush job it's damn watchable and entertaining.

Rothman was the main reason for X3's problems in that he drove away Vaughn leaving the production director-less and short on time.

You got a point, it's far better than enduring the root canal of watching Brogan.

Tell me again to never watch There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men. C'mon, do the line! Get up and tap dance for us.

SNIKT worships X3 because it was a troubled and rushed production that led to an abhorrent end product but hates the genuinely great Rogue One because of some last minute reshoots. Makes sense. ;)

This is the usual misguided mentality regarding this genre. You want a mostly mediocre studio to take over the X-Men just so they can [pointlessly] interact with other Marvel characters even if it means their respective movies being mediocre.

The world deserves to end.

Why not? Better than mediocre to crap stand alone X-MEN and FF movies. I have zero problems sacrificing the FOX Marvel movies on an alter to have one Marvel cinematic universe. Besides, the FOX X-MEN are officially now a hot mess and the FOX FF has been nothing but hot garbage since the get go.

Why not? Better than mediocre to crap stand alone X-MEN and FF movies. I have zero problems sacrificing the FOX Marvel movies on an alter to have one Marvel cinematic universe. Besides, the FOX X-MEN are officially now a hot mess and the FOX FF has been nothing but hot garbage since the get go.

Circa 2006

SNIKT worships X3 because it had a troubled production that led to an abhorrent end product but hates the genuinely great Rogue One because of some last minute reshoots. Makes sense.

I haven't seen X3 but in all fairness Rogue One was pretty boring and unimpressive. :monkey3

regardless of production problems, the movie fails.
production problems do not excuse a bad movie. a movie doesnt become good just because it was efficiently recorded....
the script still sucks. Yeah SURE, the movie technically was Filmed in a good way.... sure the actors said their lines. sure, they finish the special effects
that doesnt excuse the horrible story.

that would mean that Han solo deserves praise for being able to be recorded??? i mean, really?

SNIKT worships X3 because it was a troubled and rushed production that led to an abhorrent end product but hates the genuinely great Rogue One because of some last minute reshoots. Makes sense. ;)

Lol you do realize now that Hollywood is in full bean-spilling mode and the truth about Snyder's firing is out, it's only a matter of time before the truth about Edwards' firing sees the light of day, right?

You got a point, it's far better than enduring the root canal of watching Brogan.

Tell me again to never watch There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men. C'mon, do the line! Get up and tap dance for us.

Lol I would pay to see you watch Phantom Thread.

I think you would literally start to convulse at the 30-minute mark.

Back