(FLOSI'S Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: (galactiboy's Cantina) "Where everybody knows your name..."

I'm going to nitpick here just for a minute. While the matte paintings are all stellar in their technical and artistic achievement, I always see this one major flaw with the Endor landing pad there.

In the set shots with Luke and Vader, the AT-AT landing sections down below have circular access ways around the pillars. But in the matte painting they're all just directly jutting out from the pillars, with no circular connections...

Just me being me… :wave

You know, I could be completely wrong about that. I can't find a screen shot to back up my claim...

So it looks like I'll be putting in ROTJ now to check. :slap

Here is my proof. Glad I wasn't delusional this time...

I don't see how that proves the painting is wrong?... cause of the curved wall? Perhaps that is inside the landing pillar? Maybe I'm not getting what you say is incorrect...

tumblr_n3d7qr0VI41s6w6foo2_1280.jpg

In this painting, the walkways all meet the pillar in straight direct lines and do not connect to the next walkway coming from each of the other 90 degree angles, including the center connecting walkway. It just kind of always threw me off, that when Luke and Vader reach the elevator that the railings continue on all the way around the pillars in the live shot seeming to connect one walkway to the next...

Oh, and it's definitely outside the pillars because you can see the big *** redwood trees all around the set...

Which is another problem with the matte painting. There is a lot of space all around the platform in the paining, but in the live shot, the AT-AT's head is parked right next to a huge tree trunk, and as Luke and Vader walk toward the pillar, the trees are very close, almost touching the walkway...

:lol I'm crazy today...

I totally wasn't expecting this, but I just got called into the new Radiation job for the next two days for orientation/training, and to be ready to cover for people as early as next week…

Truly deserving of the full complement. :panic: :panic: :panic:

Bad news good news
My daughter loves being in Disney world so much that she accepted an extension on her internship.
Meaning I will not be going in may to get her.
Meaning .....I will not be down there for star wars weekends
But I do have a connection besides Jay

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

WE are? WE??? I didn't realize you worked for Lucasfilm or Disney. :wink1:

Well now you know !

Oh and... :thwak:

Bad news good news
My daughter loves being in Disney world so much that she accepted an extension on her internship.
Meaning I will not be going in may to get her.
Meaning .....I will not be down there for star wars weekends
But I do have a connection besides Jay

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

:yess:
:panic:
:(
:yess:

Oh, and it's definitely outside the pillars because you can see the big *** redwood trees all around the set...

Which is another problem with the matte painting. There is a lot of space all around the platform in the paining, but in the live shot, the AT-AT's head is parked right next to a huge tree trunk, and as Luke and Vader walk toward the pillar, the trees are very close, almost touching the walkway...

:lol I'm crazy today...

yeah, I missed the trees in your first pic through the 'windows'. so yeah, it's not inside the pillars.

13 years ago today I proposed to my wifey! Yay me!

13 years ago today I proposed to my wifey! Yay me!

That's so awesome, and again, you are so lucky. I've been thinking about the time I've spent in the process of redirecting my life. I've still got a notebook from the middle of January 2009 with questions to ask about the Radiation Therapy program when I first went to an informational meeting at the school... Five years and three months later and I will finally be getting paid to do what I've wanted to for what seems like forever.

On another note, gibby asked me how long I'd been with Michael yesterday, and seemed a bit floored when I said 16 years. :horror

That's so awesome, and again, you are so lucky. I've been thinking about the time I've spent in the process of redirecting my life. I've still got a notebook from the middle of January 2009 with questions to ask about the Radiation Therapy program when I first went to an informational meeting at the school... Five years and three months later and I will finally be getting paid to do what I've wanted to for what seems like forever.

On another note, gibby asked me how long I'd been with Michael yesterday, and seemed a bit floored when I said 16 years. :horror

You celebrate your proposal? I dread mine. :lol

J/k, congrats!

Haha, thanks Titus. :D

Yeah fury, I was shocked a bit too when you told me when we went out to eat after Droidcon. Congrats!

Back