Statue Flint vs. Zartan Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did say to look at the Dio to see how they'd be doing Zartan. And even though I'm in the camp that thinks the exposed abs makes no sense when you are wearing all of that chest and shoulder armor, he looks great here. I don't know what it is about this, but I just love this piece. I just ordered it. Not sure if I'll keep it, but 2nd QTR 2011 is a long time away, so I got plenty of time to decide.

And based on Flint in both formats, they are more or less the same. So I think it is safe to say Zartan will look more or less like this dio in 1:6. :rock

If Snake Eyes had been fighting Storm Shadow instead of just nameless Red Ninjas, I probably would have fallen for that one too. Maybe if it goes Gift Card in the future and back in stock?

MAYBE if it goes to gift card???

Thats a lock

I've been on the road all day, and this is the first chance I've had to see this. Dio looks good, especially Zartan. But having seen this, Zartan vs. Ripcord makes more sense to this old school RAH reader.

I can't help but wonder if a clear Zartan would have worked better than the current exclusive. I know Poly isn't really a clear material, but certainly a clear resin or plastic could have worked. I always thought his 'invisability' worked a bit like the predators cloaking device. :dunno

I've been on the road all day, and this is the first chance I've had to see this. Dio looks good, especially Zartan. But having seen this, Zartan vs. Ripcord makes more sense to this old school RAH reader.

Agreed. Perhaps they decided that Ripcord would be too generic looking to those not versed in the classic comics.

Agreed. Perhaps they decided that Ripcord would be too generic looking to those not versed in the classic comics.

Yep, especially since there's no guarantee Ripcord will be made in 1/6. Flint's on the way, and we know Zartan will be made.

I think this is a pretty ideal piece of work--basically everything about it is successful, although the exclusive is not the way I would ever display it. It's a nice design that's not a freeze frame of action, but instead captures a slow and tense cautious moment. I think that works much better when frozen in time than somebody hanging in midair.

It's a fantastic looking dio. If I collected dios, i'd get it. But I don't and not about to start now.

One thing that bothers me though is that Flint looks way cooler here than the 1/6 angry man figure. Does it mean this dio is supposed to show Flint and Zartan 'back in the day'? Or does this mean the 1/6 Zartan that'll come out later will also be a more matured character - dare i say it, a 50 year old man in warpaint makeup.

True. Very true. By why any armor then? If he is that cocky, he might as well go around shirtless :dunno

:lol I guess he does live in the swamps. But still, I think if I was Zartan, I'd take a little discomfort on my stomach to a bullet/laser there.

I suppose, but come on, Snake Eys vs Storm Shadow is the most logical dio for GI Joe and they don't do it? That just seems like a dumb move to me. I mean sure, its awesome seeing SE kicking butt, but he could have been kicking SS butt too. If they wanted him fighting nobodies, I would have liked to see him killing them. Sliced chests or mid-decapitaions or something. Surely Hasbro knows these statues aren't for kids, so why not crank it up a notch like Resolute?

But then again, I never really thought Zartan and Flint to be 'arch enemies' or anything and this piece really seems to work for me. I guess Zartan wasn't really enemies with any one Joe in particular was he?

It will be there, they know that's a sure $$$ banker with the statue fans, I'm just not into these dio's at all. :monkey1

I don't collect dios, but this one is a home run. Better than the first one. I would like this, but I will save my money for two 1:6 Zartans. I have a feeling we will be getting alternate heads/outfits etc with this one.

It's a fantastic looking dio. If I collected dios, i'd get it. But I don't and not about to start now.

One thing that bothers me though is that Flint looks way cooler here than the 1/6 angry man figure. Does it mean this dio is supposed to show Flint and Zartan 'back in the day'? Or does this mean the 1/6 Zartan that'll come out later will also be a more matured character - dare i say it, a 50 year old man in warpaint makeup.

I actually prefer the 12" flint sculpt to the dio. I think the Randy Couture look is extremely fitting.

It's a nice design that's not a freeze frame of action, but instead captures a slow and tense cautious moment.

Yep. For me it really calls to mind a scene that could have easily been depicted on the cover of one of the classic Marvel comics.

zartandio1.jpg

joe10.jpg
joe45.jpg
joe73.jpg

Back