Flame Unit 42 (Yes F.U. 42) Diesel Punk Robot Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thainer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Been working on this for weeks and weeks. Got the idea built the base figure, ordered stuff from Monkey Depot, waited for it to show up, dressed him, painted the rust effect, built the base (which I am not entirely happy with-may work on it some more).

My friend Marc is big into steam punk, diesel punk, video game character design, etc. and is showing me that 1/6 scale figures can be more than slavishly recreating a movie or tv character or military or historical figure (not that there is anything wrong with that) but I have always been big into making up my own characters. By the time I was 10 I had a binder full of my own superheroes-names, secret i. d.'s, bad drawings of their costumes and so on. I've done a few characters right from my own imagination and shown them here (Inspector Gadget-for which Andy graciously nominated me for KOTM, Buzz Lightyear, Steam Punk Batman-the list goes on) and the comments and positive feedback have been greatly appreciated by me (and my wife as it gives her reassurance that she hasn't spent 20 years with a complete loon). But, more and more lately, I am finding these characters I make up out of whole cloth give me the greatest joy and sense of accomplishment when they are finished.

So, without further blathering, here is Flame Unit 42 (F.U.42, for short):

Last edited:
Thanks, guys.
The upper body was some moto cross rider guy I got at Value Village. For the rivets I used a tiny drill bit and drilled a bunch of holes and used micro brads from Michael's.

Back