First time watching Angel Season 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HL2 Master

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I watched Buffy on the Television, but I never watched Angel when it first aired (I know I missed out :( )

Right now I am on Season 5 and wow what a ride it has been, but last night I just watched "You're Welcome". :( I still feel sad this morning.

HL2

That was the 100th episode. Yes, a tear-jerker indeed. :monkey2 It was nice seeing Cordy again. And the tears won't stop there.......

That was the 100th episode. Yes, a tear-jerker indeed. :monkey2 It was nice seeing Cordy again. And the tears won't stop there.......
yeah it gets worse before it gets better. if you can even say it gets better. keep the tissues handy.:monkey2 this series ended strongly. the 5th season was great.

Angel only had 3 seasons. Season 1 and 5 which are the best and season 2.

*shudders at season 3 and 4*

But season 5 was so good to the point it left you wanting more. Damn FOX and theWB/CW!

Angel only had 3 seasons. Season 1 and 5 which are the best and season 2.

*shudders at season 3 and 4*

But season 5 was so good to the point it left you wanting more. Damn FOX and theWB/CW!

Oh no, I have to disagree there. I loved ALL 5 seasons. Each season had their highs and lows, but likewise provided great milestones in the series. I especially loved the events that unfolded in Season 3 (Darla's return, Conner, Holtz, the "assention" of Cordy etc. etc.) And how could you not love that season finale?

I loved season 2 especially the interaction with Darla. Really hit home with all the 'baggage and damage' from everyone's past that we never resolve.
Besides the Darla/Dru lawyer feast was one of those great moments in comeuppance.
I hated the Jasmine storyline. The Cordy/Connor ick factor was just too much for me.

season 2 was my favorite. very strong storylines with angel going to a dark place, and it all wrapped up with that fabulous trip to pylea.

Agree there were highs and lows in each season, but for me there were many more highs than lows. And I always said the worst of Angel or Buffy was better than the 'best' of just about anything else on tv at the time... :monkey1

I have never forgiven Fox for cancelling Angel and Firefly. I wish Dollhouse was going to be on another channel, so I am resigned to the fact that Fox will do it to Josh once again...

You just saw You're Welcome but have had an avatar from it for forever? You must just have really liked the pic.

Enjoy the rest of the season. If you thought You're Welcome was sad, you haven't seen anything yet. A Hole In The World was like Joss punched me in the gut, kicked me in the nuts, and then peed on my writhing body.

Yeah, if you thought "You're Welcome" was tough, just wait til you get to "A Hole in the World" and "Shells." :monkey2

Agree there were highs and lows in each season, but for me there were many more highs than lows. And I always said the worst of Angel or Buffy was better than the 'best' of just about anything else on tv at the time... :monkey1

I have never forgiven Fox for cancelling Angel and Firefly. I wish Dollhouse was going to be on another channel, so I am resigned to the fact that Fox will do it to Josh once again...
i recently heard that the pilot for dollhouse has now been moved to be a different episode and they are making a different pilot or using a different episode as a pilot. sounds like firefly all over again.:rolleyes:

The WB canceled Angel. Not Fox.

Conner was my favorite character.

Okay, not really - but season 3 and 4 are unjustly maligned methinks.

You just saw You're Welcome but have had an avatar from it for forever? You must just have really liked the pic.

Enjoy the rest of the season. If you thought You're Welcome was sad, you haven't seen anything yet. A Hole In The World was like Joss punched me in the gut, kicked me in the nuts, and then peed on my writhing body.

You're right, I saw the pic online and though hey cool, so I put it up just thinking, "heh, I have those three in 1:6", then when I was watching I was like, "Whoa, thats my display picture on the Sideshow forum!"

Funny how that worked..

The Powers that be are with me I guess...

HL2

i recently heard that the pilot for dollhouse has now been moved to be a different episode and they are making a different pilot or using a different episode as a pilot. sounds like firefly all over again.:rolleyes:

Actually I believe Joss said he was the one that redid the Pilot, it was his decision.....not Fox's. Still it's Fox at the end of the day, so I've tried not to get my hopes up too much with Dollhouse..........still the fact it's a Joss Whedon show, how am I not to?!?!

Oh and as far as season 5 of Angel goes, I must say it along with season 2 are my fav seasons of Angel. Darla, Angel, Spike and Illyria are some of my fav characters to come across my tv screen.

Last edited:
Conner was my favorite character.

Okay, not really - but season 3 and 4 are unjustly maligned methinks.

I agree. I think the hate mostly comes from Buffy fans who didn't like what happened to Cordy. Being more of an Angel fan, I quite enjoyed that twist as I felt her character was becoming a bit dull and unfocused.

yeah it gets worse before it gets better. if you can even say it gets better. keep the tissues handy.:monkey2 this series ended strongly. the 5th season was great.

Yeah, I can't believe how emotional I felt after season 5 ended when I first saw it.

Yeah, I can't believe how emotional I felt after season 5 ended when I first saw it.
i think they got notified of the cancellation right after they were done with the "you're welcome" 100th episode. so Joss decided he was gonna rip out the hearts of all the viewers during the last 10 episodes.

Back