Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing as of yet…… 😞

I just wanted to get feedback from others first because it seems Gametoys is telling me to kick rocks for any scratches on the paint caused by their shoddy packaging. The paint damage was mostly on Fenrir where the side panels got dislodged inside the flimsy plastic tray and caused those parts to rub against the main chassis of the bike. So deep paint scratches on the main body and side panels. Too much focus on silicone nipples and forgetting about the rest of the set.

The sword had paint blemishes and they didn't address that.

They will replace the broken goggles but that was about it.

I just wanted to get feedback from others first because it seems Gametoys is telling me to kick rocks for any scratches on the paint caused by their shoddy packaging. The paint damage was mostly on Fenrir where the side panels got dislodged inside the flimsy plastic tray and caused those parts to rub against the main chassis of the bike. So deep paint scratches on the main body and side panels. Too much focus on silicone nipples and forgetting about the rest of the set.

The sword had paint blemishes and they didn't address that.

They will replace the broken goggles but that was about it.
No way, that is is unbelievable, guess that’s why I haven’t heard back from GDI.

Have just chased them for an update.

Anybody filed for replacements for those parts that got damaged from Gametoy's shoddy packaging? Gotten any response about it?

I actually received a shipping notification from Kit which is presumably a replacement headsculpt for cloud. I was the one who posted pictures of the chipped paint on the tip of the hair spike. Should be here before too long.

Took some moody pics of Cloud.

cloud3.jpg

cloud2.jpg

cloud1.jpg

Anybody filed for replacements for those parts that got damaged from Gametoy's shoddy packaging? Gotten any response about it?
Nope, nada, zilch. I even offered to pay for the spare parts + any shipping =-(

Another one of my local suppliers told me flatly that there would only be some kind of exchange/replacement for *SERIOUS* (emphasis on 'serious') paint defects and/or broken parts. Other than that, you're on your own (remember the glue that came with Fenrir? Yeah that haha)

This did not sit well with me initially, but then I thought about the numerous times that the official PAK figures have broke right out the package and SE just flat out ignored me... at least GT gave me a tube of glue :ROFLMAO:

I sincerely hope that other collectors will have better luck with GT's after sales service in the unfortunate scenario that the figure is damaged, because this figure is really really awesome and everyone should get the figure the way it was meant to be.

I actually received a shipping notification from Kit which is presumably a replacement headsculpt for cloud. I was the one who posted pictures of the chipped paint on the tip of the hair spike. Should be here before too long.
This is really great news! Congrats!

After (finally) giving my room a good clean, I decided to display Cloud properly... and man he looks gorgeous. I also really hope for the Sephiroth is re-release.

Shoutout to @Khaos for helping me figure out how to mess around with this guy. I've gotten more comfortable with playing around with him but there are still three things that continue to bother me

The f***ing shoulder pad, the putting on/removing the left sleeve and putting on different gloves. I still haven't been able to get on the glove that is meant to hold the fusion sword properly (the closed fist with a whole through the middle); but I'll try the hair dryer method again and might get lucky.
Managed to also put on the sword where the blade extends around the handle using the hair dryer and prying open the fingers on the gloves, but it sits quite weirdly in his hand. I'm sure I can get all these to fit properly but I'm still a bit apprehensive of being too rough on the figure and then damaging it somehow.

Just somethings you gotta put up with when you buy 1/6 scale figures like this I suppose.

All that said, I LOVE posing my figures, from very dynamic to static, trying to get them to look as natural as possible, so I guess I'll continue to do so with this guy too! Here's a very simple one I did.
tempImageSm0GCm.jpg
tempImageA25Onf.jpg

is there anything we can use to buff out the scratches on the sword without damaging the paint?

Another one of my local suppliers told me flatly that there would only be some kind of exchange/replacement for *SERIOUS* (emphasis on 'serious') paint defects and/or broken parts. Other than that, you're on your own (remember the glue that came with Fenrir? Yeah that haha)

At this point, I believe that's a small amount of lube to use... for when GT effs the customer. Just a little tube so that you can still feel the pain when they refuse the request for replacement.

I'm joking obviously. Half joking at least.

Disappointing response from them. What is considered serious paint defect though? Not these I guess?

Attachments

• 20231104_142809.jpg
    20231104_142809.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231104_143024.jpg
    20231104_143024.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231104_143038.jpg
    20231104_143038.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 0
Yeah they definitely won't replace a giant bike for scratches, same with swords. Unfortunately I've found that it's fairly difficult to get good service from a lot of these third party companies.... they pretty much tell you to **** off and deal with it unless it's something small they can send.

I really want this guy. Please Gametoys, make it happen!
View attachment 673544
Yeah me want him too..
There are so many FFVII characters I would like to have in that scale. Basically every character that SE ***** up <D
At this point, I believe that's a small amount of lube to use... for when GT effs the customer. Just a little tube so that you can still feel the pain when they refuse the request for replacement.

Disappointing response from them. What is considered serious paint defect though? Not these I guess?
I had reached out to Gundamit about my packaging from AC Cloud. They would give me 1000 Points cause Im a loyal customer. Sure the figure is fine without damages, only some magnets loose.. but still.. D: I like my boxes intact in case I would like to sell them later for various reasons

I think it's on the suppliers more than the GT themselves. People in China have directly sent it back to GT themselves (even if bought from other suppliers) to get things fixed. Suppliers just don't want to deal with the logistics and additional costs because they aren't making a huge profit margin.

The most common issues are wheel alignment and paint scratches for the bike, and sending the whole bike back can be extremely expensive cross continents, which is why most of the suppliers only deal with big issues like cracked pieces or total wipe out.

I think it's on the suppliers more than the GT themselves. People in China have directly sent it back to GT themselves (even if bought from other suppliers) to get things fixed. Suppliers just don't want to deal with the logistics and additional costs because they aren't making a huge profit margin.

The most common issues are wheel alignment and paint scratches for the bike, and sending the whole bike back can be extremely expensive cross continents, which is why most of the suppliers only deal with big issues like cracked pieces or total wipe out.

How the responses were worded to me is "the factory" is refusing the replacements for the bike/parts and sword. They didn't mention supplier. Who knows? The cross continent issue would be applicable for sellers outside China but that's not the case here either.

Probably there have been too many requests for replacements and GT decided to shut it down. Either way, terrible handling by GT.

How the responses were worded to me is "the factory" is refusing the replacements for the bike/parts and sword. They didn't mention supplier. Who knows? The cross continent issue would be applicable for sellers outside China but that's not the case here either.

Probably there have been too many requests for replacements and GT decided to shut it down. Either way, terrible handling by GT.
In this case it feels like they are using 'the factory' ie the supplier/distributor themselves as the excuse to not send things back. Unless you have a direct contact line to GT it would be hard to ascertain the facts.

So far from what I have seen on the group chat, people have and did send back parts for replacement directly to GT/or supplier.

Though for anyone getting their 2nd/3rd batch of Cloud, do remember to video the whole unboxing process if you want to be on the safe side.

Got a reply back today and they pretty much told me to jog on and deal with it.

They don’t even need to send me the whole bike, just the arms for the sword holders on the bike. The whole arm is joined by ball joint and can be popped of!

Guess this shows GT Aftercare is piss poor, what a let down.

IMG_1006.jpeg

I hope it’s the replacement head sculpt and not the new part which they announced for the bike because that’s what’s being sent for me.

Back