Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty cool, it looks a little skinny to me, though, but that's probably because I've been working on & getting used to the look of this seamless body.

I'm currently working on a 1/6 replica of the Sleeping Sephiroth... I'll post more WIPs once I finish some more sculpting on the vines. šŸ˜Š
What body?

What body?
Jiaou Doll. Surprisingly, their new muscular build works pretty well for Sephiroth. Jiaou Doll is a little notorious for extreme/exaggerated proportions, so for some reason, my version of Sephiroth has got large hips and a big butt lol, but it'll be mostly hid behind his giant wing I crafted. :lol But what surprised me the most was that the skin tone matched. It's very hard matching pale males. TBL and Phicen think every (caucasian) male ever has a golden Hollywood tan. Jiaou Doll was a little more inclusive with their variety. It took subtle blushing with chalk pastels to get the desired look, and I need to alter his nipple color to be a bit more like his lip color, but other than that, it was a great match. Be weary that the head does not fit well. It took a lot of modification, including adding plastic wrap around the base of the neck joint (under the "skin") to "thicken" his neck to match the seam of the head, and I had to hot-glue + super glue his head in place in order for it to hold, otherwise his head sat way too low on his neck. Just in case anyone is considering this set-up, it takes some crafty finesse. But it'll be so worth it! I've spent literal days working on this so far, very excited to share with everyone once it's a bit more together. :giggle:

Attachments

• jiaoudollmale.jpg
    jiaoudollmale.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 48
So, basically they put all the responsibility on Gametoys, Cloud+Hardy Daytona is aviable even on aliexpress... There is any way to let people behind Gametoys know about how TW are use them to cover their problems? I would like to read their reaction to these excuses...
TW1.jpg
TW2.jpg
TW3.jpg

Jiaou Doll. Surprisingly, their new muscular build works pretty well for Sephiroth. Jiaou Doll is a little notorious for extreme/exaggerated proportions, so for some reason, my version of Sephiroth has got large hips and a big butt lol, but it'll be mostly hid behind his giant wing I crafted. :lol But what surprised me the most was that the skin tone matched. It's very hard matching pale males. TBL and Phicen think every (caucasian) male ever has a golden Hollywood tan. Jiaou Doll was a little more inclusive with their variety. It took subtle blushing with chalk pastels to get the desired look, and I need to alter his nipple color to be a bit more like his lip color, but other than that, it was a great match. Be weary that the head does not fit well. It took a lot of modification, including adding plastic wrap around the base of the neck joint (under the "skin") to "thicken" his neck to match the seam of the head, and I had to hot-glue + super glue his head in place in order for it to hold, otherwise his head sat way too low on his neck. Just in case anyone is considering this set-up, it takes some crafty finesse. But it'll be so worth it! I've spent literal days working on this so far, very excited to share with everyone once it's a bit more together. :giggle:
Very cool! I was considering this myself, so Iā€™d like to know: what is the height comparison like? Are the bodies the same height? (And do you have any photos of before you thickened the neck? Just so I can brainstorm haha)

Very cool! I was considering this myself, so Iā€™d like to know: what is the height comparison like? Are the bodies the same height? (And do you have any photos of before you thickened the neck? Just so I can brainstorm haha)
Thanks so much. His height is 31cm, whereas Sephiroth from GameToys is 33cm. I'd like to imagine his boots contribute the extra 2cm... :lol In the way he will be setup, his height won't matter as he will be "floating", and his legs will be hidden behind his wing. Unfortunately I only have one photo before I finalized the neck; I had considered it a flaw until I fixed it, so I didn't really photograph him too much until afterwards.
Left is before, Right is after.
You can see I adjusted the height of his neck by placing his head lower, but I wish I photographed the side prior to. It was somewhat difficult to get the seam of the head to match the neck, but once I realized I could use saran wrap to thicken his neck, it became super easy. It looks very seamless now, I'm sure I'll get a profile pic of him soon. The copper wire was me showcasing the 30 minutes I spent shaping it to match the pictures. :lol
seph2.jpg

So, basically they put all the responsibility on Gametoys, Cloud+Hardy Daytona is aviable even on aliexpress... There is any way to let people behind Gametoys know about how TW are use them to cover their problems? I would like to read their reaction to these excuses...View attachment 569366View attachment 569367View attachment 569368
Toyswonderland takes another victim. People need to stop using them. It's honestly sad to see this constantly happen to so many people.

Toyswonderland takes another victim. People need to stop using them. It's honestly sad to see this constantly happen to so many people.
Iā€™ve recently educated myself and switched to using Kit. At this point I feel like Iā€™ve just been lucky with TW having eventually received everything thatā€™s been ordered. It does have me a little worried about my Zack pre-orders now though.

Sorry to double-post, but here are some more pictures. Showing the seam on the neck here. It's barely noticeable, I'm very proud how that turned out. Saran wrap really works, just add it under the "skin" and push it around to adjust. Don't mind the foam pad, it's so his neck/hair doesn't get scratched by the stand. Also wanted to share with you guys what I've made so far. Here's the wing and the mako container back-drop. I was going to wait until the armor piece is done, but I got too excited. I'm sanding the armor right now, painting later and I'll share the update :giggle: Any questions let me know, I'm happy to talk about this :lol

20220329_121012.jpg
20220329_121318.jpg
20220329_121941.jpg
20220329_122003.jpg

Looks promising so far! Makes me wish I'd gotten to see the statue in the SE Store when it was still there; by the time I'd gone to Tokyo it had been closed. Presumably it's locked up somewhere inside the Shinjuku headquarters along with all their other cool statues they show off once and make disappear...

Iā€™ve recently educated myself and switched to using Kit. At this point I feel like Iā€™ve just been lucky with TW having eventually received everything thatā€™s been ordered. It does have me a little worried about my Zack pre-orders now though.
Same here, man. It's got me worried, they had better not play around with our Zack pre-orders!!!
Looks promising so far! Makes me wish I'd gotten to see the statue in the SE Store when it was still there; by the time I'd gone to Tokyo it had been closed. Presumably it's locked up somewhere inside the Shinjuku headquarters along with all their other cool statues they show off once and make disappear...
Thanks so much!! And same here, I'm happy for you that you at least got to go to Tokyo! I suppose I'm compensating on never seeing it in person, so I'm opting for a 1/6 replica lol :lol I often wonder where the original had ended up as well.

Thanks so much. His height is 31cm, whereas Sephiroth from GameToys is 33cm. I'd like to imagine his boots contribute the extra 2cm... :lol In the way he will be setup, his height won't matter as he will be "floating", and his legs will be hidden behind his wing. Unfortunately I only have one photo before I finalized the neck; I had considered it a flaw until I fixed it, so I didn't really photograph him too much until afterwards.
Left is before, Right is after.
You can see I adjusted the height of his neck by placing his head lower, but I wish I photographed the side prior to. It was somewhat difficult to get the seam of the head to match the neck, but once I realized I could use saran wrap to thicken his neck, it became super easy. It looks very seamless now, I'm sure I'll get a profile pic of him soon. The copper wire was me showcasing the 30 minutes I spent shaping it to match the pictures. :lol
View attachment 569380
Yeah, I can see the care you put into it. I never would have known if you hadnā€™t said that the neck didnā€™t come that way! And the body blushing looks very natural too.

Youā€™re probably right-on about the height, by the way. I have the separate body by GameToys, and from foot to neck peg - though I measured without head - he comes in at 31cm. I also thought it was a little thin just for my personal tastes, so I was looking into a replacement. I guess even if itā€™s a little short for a shirtless Sephiroth VS Cloud display, I can always extend the ankles and hide that under the pants lol

I mean that's easy to say now but I pre-ordered Cloud over a year ago. If I had known at the time I would have gone with Giantoy or OSK.

TW better come through, this is the last figure I have on order from them and I don't intend to use them ever again.

It's frustrating because I can't even get a refund and go buy him elsewhere.

Yeah, I can see the care you put into it. I never would have known if you hadnā€™t said that the neck didnā€™t come that way! And the body blushing looks very natural too.

Youā€™re probably right-on about the height, by the way. I have the separate body by GameToys, and from foot to neck peg - though I measured without head - he comes in at 31cm. I also thought it was a little thin just for my personal tastes, so I was looking into a replacement. I guess even if itā€™s a little short for a shirtless Sephiroth VS Cloud display, I can always extend the ankles and hide that under the pants lol
Thanks!! Oh, so the Gametoys body will probably measure to 33cm with the head as well. Sephiroth w/ seamless body measures at 31cm with the head. Your idea with adding some height to the ankles would definitely work! This Jiaou Doll body is a great replacement if anyone is interested in the seamless route - only issue being that you would probably have to hot glue his head in place, but that's a ridiculously easy fix. :lol The Jiaou Doll body comes with some hands that could Masamune as well. I realize some people have their pros and cons about seamless bodies, but for me, the pros outweigh the cons. I like my figures displayed without visible joints, which was why I started collecting 1/6 in the first place, was because their clothing could hide their joints. The seamless bodies just open up a whole new world and I feel spoiled by their existence haha. I've wanted something like this since I was just a kid collector. Back on topic, if you find a nice pair of leather pants and black boots, you could easily replicate the shirtless Sephiroth vs Cloud scene. And the seamless body would just make it so much better (imo:lol).

Thanks!! Oh, so the Gametoys body will probably measure to 33cm with the head as well. Sephiroth w/ seamless body measures at 31cm with the head. Your idea with adding some height to the ankles would definitely work! This Jiaou Doll body is a great replacement if anyone is interested in the seamless route - only issue being that you would probably have to hot glue his head in place, but that's a ridiculously easy fix. :lol The Jiaou Doll body comes with some hands that could Masamune as well. I realize some people have their pros and cons about seamless bodies, but for me, the pros outweigh the cons. I like my figures displayed without visible joints, which was why I started collecting 1/6 in the first place, was because their clothing could hide their joints. The seamless bodies just open up a whole new world and I feel spoiled by their existence haha. I've wanted something like this since I was just a kid collector. Back on topic, if you find a nice pair of leather pants and black boots, you could easily replicate the shirtless Sephiroth vs Cloud scene. And the seamless body would just make it so much better (imo:lol).
Re: the pants- Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m thinking! Though for premade, with the height, I may be better off getting them in a size made for really slimline 1/4 girl bjds and cutting the height to size haha.

Iā€™m usually not any more into seamless than not, but itā€™s true that it would really elevate that shirtless Sephiroth like nothing else (best exemplified by your display I think). One of the biggest factors in addition to that pushing me toward the seamless route is I donā€™t think there ARE any non seamless bodies with these proportions, at anywhere near the right height, in a close color. And I only know how to hue and darken, not lighten. XD

thanks so much for following up with me by the way! Iā€™ve been thinking of doing the mako display with the sleeping head too (in addition to my shirtless fight Sephiroth) so getting even a couple bits of info here and there is šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼ primo

It's pretty cool, it looks a little skinny to me, though, but that's probably because I've been working on & getting used to the look of this seamless body.

I'm currently working on a 1/6 replica of the Sleeping Sephiroth... I'll post more WIPs once I finish some more sculpting on the vines. šŸ˜Š
Very interested in this, please let me know what you used if you finish. :)

So, basically they put all the responsibility on Gametoys, Cloud+Hardy Daytona is aviable even on aliexpress... There is any way to let people behind Gametoys know about how TW are use them to cover their problems? I would like to read their reaction to these excuses...

I can tell you that gametoys notice that, most suppliers I know they all know the said store has serious finance problem. The said store were taking preorder for the new Cloud yet they try to place order (Huge volume) without a deposit, of coz that was being rejected.

The said store tried to contact all 1/6 stores here for cooperation, they can't place order directly with brands without a deposit, so they try to tell people that they are reputable biggest store in Hong Kong, convince other stores to place order for them. I knew 2 stores already a victim stuck with million worth products that they dropped out

Its surprise that they have so many staff, at least 3 CS lady according to above emails, and now a 30000 sq feet warehouse in Hong Kong, but they were struggle to pay for a $1000 order..

I shouldn't talk that much as a competitor, but something seems going really wrong, I need to warn people about that

@Kit Chen is there going to be another run of Gametoys Cloud and Hardy Daytona and Sephiroth since I'm surprised another retailer had units available and it seems US retailers haven't received their stock.

Back