Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problems with TW and certain other vendors in China/Hong Kong have been building for some time, but disregarded by many collectors because of collectors constantly seeking the cheapest price and fastest service for 1:6 figures with the PayPal will protect me mindset.

That bubble have long since been popped and there are many who haven’t come to that realization asides from the ones who have lost considerable real money with no possibility of ever recouping it while still holding on to unrealistic demands and expectations they’ll entitled to a refund from a vendor that is systematically taking advantage of customers through questionable business practices and gaming the gaps within PayPal.

TW’s bait to lure customers is the impulse and naivety to the lure of cheap prices where common sense is disregarded. This is nothing new and further adds to the perspective we collectors are our own worst enemy just like scammers and unscrupulous vendors.

The impact of TW’s financial shenanigans impacting a number of distributors is troubling because when distributors have to deal with financial ramifications caused by TW, then distributors will demand higher deposits upfront for orders from vendors where the majority of vendors are not necessarily able to do so resulting in vendors limited to what they can pre-order and/or passing on higher pre-order deposit requirements to customers. Most collectors don’t have the foresight to truly comprehend the downstream effects of what TW is doing that affect the 1:6 hobby itself because they’re so focused on price.

The preceding is my perspective and don’t represent the perspective of other collectors or vendors.

Problems with TW and certain other vendors in China/Hong Kong have been building for some time, but disregarded by many collectors because of collectors constantly seeking the cheapest price and fastest service for 1:6 figures with the PayPal will protect me mindset.

That bubble have long since been popped and there are many who haven’t come to that realization asides from the ones who have lost considerable real money with no possibility of ever recouping it while still holding on to unrealistic demands and expectations they’ll entitled to a refund from a vendor that is systematically taking advantage of customers through questionable business practices and gaming the gaps within PayPal.

TW’s bait to lure customers is the impulse and naivety to the lure of cheap prices where common sense is disregarded. This is nothing new and further adds to the perspective we collectors are our own worst enemy just like scammers and unscrupulous vendors.

The impact of TW’s financial shenanigans impacting a number of distributors is troubling because when distributors have to deal with financial ramifications caused by TW, then distributors will demand higher deposits upfront for orders from vendors where the majority of vendors are not necessarily able to do so resulting in vendors limited to what they can pre-order and/or passing on higher pre-order deposit requirements to customers. Most collectors don’t have the foresight to truly comprehend the downstream effects of what TW is doing that affect the 1:6 hobby itself because they’re so focused on price.

The preceding is my perspective and don’t represent the perspective of other collectors or vendors.
I think this is a pretty unfair take. Shopping around for the best price/value is not only the right of the consumer, it also creates healthy competition between vendors. I don’t think TW had the kind of “too good to be true” pricing that this lesson would apply to. I think it was just plain old bad luck.

This is probably my favorite solo shot of Sephiroth. I’ve gotta get the ones I took w him and Cloud off my old laptop lol

Attachments

• 2D231296-9B5E-4DE8-A5B2-BB90969A41DC.jpeg
    2D231296-9B5E-4DE8-A5B2-BB90969A41DC.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 24
I’ve finally got my hands on a Cloud and Ive got to give a huge thanks to SixthScaleSephiroth for giving me a heads up on an eBay listing. It was pricy but nothing compared to what every other solo cloud is going for.

I do have a question though. Does anyone else’s buster sword have a slight curve to it. It’s not noticeable unless your looking for it but mine does.
AF50BB5F-5BB1-414A-8059-EDF3E0034EDD.jpeg
F04D25EB-4797-418A-9201-A78933EDD845.jpeg

Last edited:
I think this is a pretty unfair take. Shopping around for the best price/value is not only the right of the consumer, it also creates healthy competition between vendors. I don’t think TW had the kind of “too good to be true” pricing that this lesson would apply to. I think it was just plain old bad luck.
--

No. I disagree.

In case you didn't hear/know/read, TW listed a number of products below vendor wholesale cost that ties into questionable practices.

Sure.

Collectors don't give a **** as long as they can get it for whatever is solicited. Of course, there is no guarantee of such contrary to what others may claim.

Everything costs more nowadays and I understand the necessity to shop around. Shop around, but do so smartly and know to ask all relevant questions. Not all customers do that based on what I observe online across a different forums and groups. It's always about price for many.

I've yet to be stung like others from TW and certain other vendors, but I'm very selective on who I choose to do business with and I'm not always fixated on price. I do shop around, but do so realistically taking other factors (i.e., service, shipping, transparency, etc.) into consideration that many don't immediately consider asides from price.

I wouldn't use "bad luck" to describe TW. It's being oblivious, ignorant, and plain stupidity at times, but definitely not "bad luck".

It's like saying "bad luck" to describe paying through PayPal as family & friends on questionable transactions and then getting screwed and finding out PayPal and/or your credit card company linked to the PayPal account cannot and will not refund you.

Bad things happen, but in a number of instances it's due to poor choices and stupidity.

I post the preceding based on hard lessons learned.

Shopping around implies doing your due diligence as a consumer. I actually found this thread (and site) in the first place because the VTS Cloud was my first purchase on GiantToy and some googling to see if it was legit brought me here. And this thread has been very vocal about the problems with TW because TW completely botched the release of the first GameToys Cloud. Every time a newcomer asked where is the best place to buy one of these figures from, the answer has always been Kit or Giantoy, and it's been asked a lot.

I’ve finally got my hands on a Cloud and Ive got to give a huge thanks to SixthScaleSephiroth for giving me a heads up on an eBay listing. It was pricy but nothing compared to what every other solo cloud is going for.

I do have a question though. Does anyone else’s buster sword have a slight curve to it. It’s not noticeable unless your looking for it but mine does.
View attachment 569542View attachment 569543
Gently heat it up and straighten.

I've finished Sephiroth's wing! Clay work is not a strong skill of mine but I tried my best lol. I'm currently working on the vines next. 😁 Also, all the drama with TW... I'm not getting the Zack 2nd class body I ordered from them, am I? ^^;;
Untitled10_20220330161959.png
20220330_151153.jpg
20220330_151111.jpg

The said store was selling Cloud & Fenrir lower than wholesale cost

They did promotion on 15% off all hot toys preorder, while they claim to be a reseller that they buy hot toys from secret base at retail price. Then sell it to people at 15% off. I once tempted to buy the time machine from them if they were not asking for full payment upfront

They sell Queen studio 1/6 Joker lower than wholesale cost. Queen studio's announcement was toward them because collectors in China posted their selling price in forum/groups so people all went to cancel their preorders from Queen, caused PR disaster.

I would say this is a perfect example of "Too good to be true"

I guess I just meant the price isn’t immediately a red flag to a lot of people who are inexperienced since it’s pretty easy not to know the suggested retail unless you think to look for it, and if you’re being recommended a site to go to (and TW WAS often recommended/said to be legit in different places) then not everyone is going to check something like that. I don’t think that makes them foolish, even if there’s a smartER way to shop.

Obviously if you see everything happening now and still go for it because the price is low, that’s on you. But I think just assuming that anyone who got duped over the Cloud kind of had it coming or whatever isn’t fair. And that’s coming from a very paranoid shopper xD

I guess I just meant the price isn’t immediately a red flag to a lot of people who are inexperienced since it’s pretty easy not to know the suggested retail unless you think to look for it, and if you’re being recommended a site to go to (and TW WAS often recommended/said to be legit in different places) then not everyone is going to check something like that. I don’t think that makes them foolish, even if there’s a smartER way to shop.

Obviously if you see everything happening now and still go for it because the price is low, that’s on you. But I think just assuming that anyone who got duped over the Cloud kind of had it coming or whatever isn’t fair. And that’s coming from a very paranoid shopper xD
--

Your post reeks of plain ignorance with the attitude you know better. Whatever. You likely got screwed over and you're trying to defend your poor choices that is typical of some collectors. Like you posted, that's on you.

For all we know you may be a shill for TW. TW have shills within this group and across other forums/groups to refute critical posts exposing their questionable business practices.

--

Your post reeks of plain ignorance with the attitude you know better. Whatever. You likely got screwed over and you're trying to defend your poor choices that is typical of some collectors. Like you posted, that's on you.

For all we know you may be a shill for TW. TW have shills within this group and across other forums/groups to refute critical posts exposing their questionable business practices.
lmao yikes. I never even said anything in support of TW, and in fact actively acknowledged people got scammed by them.

If you’re not going to be civil, we have nothing more to say to eachother. Have a great day/night.

Grabbed the pics!! I really love these guys haha. I took who knows how many pics just to make sure I was capturing the light exactly right.

Really excited for Zack :D

Attachments

• 92C13A15-0E0B-406D-9157-F81CE3523D7A.jpeg
    92C13A15-0E0B-406D-9157-F81CE3523D7A.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 4C7C8FFC-B94B-44E1-8238-FE6435607BAF.jpeg
    4C7C8FFC-B94B-44E1-8238-FE6435607BAF.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 0FFEA542-4536-45E9-8E69-300ED068CBA5.jpeg
    0FFEA542-4536-45E9-8E69-300ED068CBA5.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 61
The said store was selling Cloud & Fenrir lower than wholesale cost

They did promotion on 15% off all hot toys preorder, while they claim to be a reseller that they buy hot toys from secret base at retail price. Then sell it to people at 15% off. I once tempted to buy the time machine from them if they were not asking for full payment upfront

They sell Queen studio 1/6 Joker lower than wholesale cost. Queen studio's announcement was toward them because collectors in China posted their selling price in forum/groups so people all went to cancel their preorders from Queen, caused PR disaster.

I would say this is a perfect example of "Too good to be true"
Don't know if you noticed, Kit, but the Spark Toys STZ003 Blood Sword/Ice Arrow Set was listed on TW for around $250...yes, that's for whopping 2 figures (listing is no longer there, thank god). The price for every other store was north of $400, which seemed about right. Like you, I was very tempted to order from them until they asked for full payment upfront.

That's why I put my pre-order with you, easy-peasy.

Thank you for the good work you're doing, Kit.

Well since I don't have any other choice then riding this out with TW I'll wait. I've already payed for Zack and initiated a plan for Cloud & Fenrir. I received my Sephiroth faster from them than anyone here, I've had luck with the ebay listing for Cloud as well. Who knows.... maybe I'll get lucky again. :)

Hello to everyone
I just joined
I read all your comments
1st of all congratulations on your collections
I'm one of those victims of TW and still waiting
Does anyone have any news ?

This is the latest email from them
What would you do?
The fifth wave of covid epidemic in Hong Kong is severe, and various epidemic control and isolation policies have led to many delays in delivery services.

We absolutely understand your expectations and urgency for your order, so we have communicated with the carrier many times to expedite delivery to our warehouse. We have never encountered the current situation, but we still hope to overcome the difficulties with our customers and strive for faster delivery.

The shipment is on its way and still needs some time. Your order will be dispatched in late April or early May. We understand the inconvenience that was brought to you. Therefore, we would like to make the following offer. Please kindly select one solution according to your preference.

Please kindly select one solution according to your preference.

1. Full Refund in Store Credit + 5% Coupon
2. Full Refund to your original payment method + 5% Coupon
3. Keep The Order + 10% Coupon

We deeply value your relationship with Toys Wonderland and are committed to providing you with satisfying service. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Back