Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Deluxe set today from GDI.
Took a quick glance in a dark room and you’ll all have to be grateful I won’t upload any hideously grainy photos of the full figure. Seriously, I’m stunned by the quality of the pictures everyone else has posted.
Mine wasn’t double-boxed or even bubble wrapped—only had the flimsy plastic sheet around it. At least half of the corner protectors were busted, but there really weren’t any noticeable dents or dings. There also wasn’t any extra protection or bubble wrap in Cloud’s packaging. Ugh.
I guess I lucked out though, he only has a tiny blemish in the back of his shoulder in the same place as almost everyone else’s… mine’s like a third nipple, except inverted :lol
The back of the primary sword has some black scuffs, but the magnets actually seem ok.

Sadly, the goggles that came with Fenrir came completely twisted 180 degrees and may as well have snapped in half. No tape over the slot to prevent movement. Will definitely be contacting GDI for a replacement.
I think the bike itself was protected entirely by all the static electricity which went around while I was opening it. Not a single scuff or scrape over the entirety of it from what I can tell—but maybe I’m still reeling of shock from the size to make the best judgement.

Overall, extremely impressive set and glad most of the anxiety opening it was “just” the broken goggles. Sad they didn’t add some extra tape and foam to prevent the most common issues. Hoping everyone else has gets theirs in some better packaging.

In closing, I’d just like to echo some thoughts courtesy of @Providence
- Head sculpt is perfect, more so in person than in any photo you see.
- Head sculpt is really perfect.
- Head sculpt is like he walked out of the screen.
- Head sculpt is absolutely godlike - The head makes the figure more than anything
- Head sculpt is incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_3787.jpeg
    IMG_3787.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Got my Deluxe set today from GDI.
Took a quick glance in a dark room and you’ll all have to be grateful I won’t upload any hideously grainy photos of the full figure. Seriously, I’m stunned by the quality of the pictures everyone else has posted.
Mine wasn’t double-boxed or even bubble wrapped—only had the flimsy plastic sheet around it. At least half of the corner protectors were busted, but there really weren’t any noticeable dents or dings. There also wasn’t any extra protection or bubble wrap in Cloud’s packaging. Ugh.
I guess I lucked out though, he only has a tiny blemish in the back of his shoulder in the same place as almost everyone else’s… mine’s like a third nipple, except inverted :lol
The back of the primary sword has some black scuffs, but the magnets actually seem ok.

Sadly, the goggles that came with Fenrir came completely twisted 180 degrees and may as well have snapped in half. No tape over the slot to prevent movement. Will definitely be contacting GDI for a replacement.
I think the bike itself was protected entirely by all the static electricity which went around while I was opening it. Not a single scuff or scrape over the entirety of it from what I can tell—but maybe I’m still reeling of shock from the size to make the best judgement.

Overall, extremely impressive set and glad most of the anxiety opening it was “just” the broken goggles. Sad they didn’t add some extra tape and foam to prevent the most common issues. Hoping everyone else has gets theirs in some better packaging.

In closing, I’d just like to echo some thoughts courtesy of @Providence
That's a shame about the goggles! They really dropped the ball on the packaging this time around. The move away from foam is just mind-boggling. What resonates with me is what somebody said about it: it's like parking a ferrari in a hail storm and throwing a thin tarp over top of it.

My Deluxe should be here either today or tomorrow! I'll update all about whether or not I'm in the lucky few. My only saving grace is that i ordered through Kit.

Couldn't help but laugh at your closing paragraph. I also noticed Providence's profound love of the headsculpt and it's definitely shared and well received by us here 😂

I HOPE GAMETOYS goes nuts one day and sells this new AC body so we can upgrade our FFVIIR Cloud.

Then develop one for Zack and we can upgrade him too.

Nice looking figures, but they’re just not fun to play with.

You kinda-sorta can if you can find their extra body & clothes set for Light still on sale anywhere, but it seems to be sold out in most places. A standalone body like they did for Sephiroth and Ichigo would be ideal though, agreed.

Glad to see most folks getting their sets largely intact and hopefully GT are taking studious notes from this release. Plastic blister packaging seems like a disaster waiting to happen when it comes to more fragile accessories like tables or ornate thrones.

Wanted to share a few snapshots I took the other day. If only I could dedicate the week to taking more pictures, it’s what I have the most fun doing😎

Attachments

• IMG_3594.jpeg
    IMG_3594.jpeg
    746.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3589.jpeg
    IMG_3589.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3611.jpeg
    IMG_3611.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I'm having a berenstain bears moment with Cloud's Fusion Swords; I swear they used to have slight color variation between them. Specifically the "second blade" that goes on the front edge of the base had a pale gold hue, while the "fifth and sixth blades" that fit on the side had a darker gold tone. But it seems like every single toy/model/reference image/appearance in later media has all six blades share the exact same material. Even skipping through ACC, it's hard to spot color differences now... but I feel like one scene does vindicate me!

The only time it's noticeable is some shots in the "battle at the forgotten city" with Loz and Yazoo - the second blade indeed still looks pale gold there, but elsewhere in the movie it matches the rest of the set. Weird.

Long time lurker, but thought I'd finally create an account and contribute to the discussions here! 😅

I received a version of the 'Deluxe Edition' from GDI the other day for a fellow collector and it is a real shame they didn't double box it like they would normally... not sure why, maybe because they were in a rush to send it out before the holidays? Anyways box was a bit dented however figure & bike were fine asides from loose parts bouncing around, but looking at other people's pictures, it is the 1st batch with no extra protection especially the black foam in the main box to give it more structure and hold it in places.

First impressions while unboxing is how much 'cheaper' the overall packaging feels compared to previous releases. This to me being such a big release in terms of price and hype, I would've thought they go all out in the presentation, but corners were cut.

The figure and model itself is a piece of art though, the head sculpt is on point, I don't think there's really ever been a true representation of Cloud in this scale or any scale like this before. It really is stunning. How the swords come together and separate is really thought out.

The bike again is also well designed and of a nice scale however I'm not too keen on how bright the gold is, it could've been dialled down a bit, but doesn't put me off it.

For anyone still waiting for theirs, you'll not be disappointed however, looking at all the various QC issues though especially with the ones @larniocnk encountered, I hope yours will arrive in perfect condition! I suspect GT has picked up on the issues hence the updated packaging and will be taking more care in future.

Here's a pic I managed to take yesterday, it really is beautiful!

View attachment 668005

@BrooklynWolf X - Great video, really nice videography work!

@Han Solo - I think Fenrir is the right size and not 'small' at all.

@fifty5alpha - Log into Facebook supplies neck peg extensions for Zack and they are a great fit! View attachment 668003

@Feretsu777 - For loose ankles and ball joints in general, what I tend to do is give the socket and ball joint a dab of clear nail varnish all round (matte preferably), let it dry and put them back to together and see if it's tight enough. If it isn't do another layer. I find this less destructive compared to super glue.
Amazing picture/shot of Cloud and Fenrir! I never got neck pegs for Zack and have reached out to @fifty5alpha to obtain some! I do not have facebook but I sent a PM so hopefully they see it here. Thanks for all you do!

I'm having a berenstain bears moment with Cloud's Fusion Swords; I swear they used to have slight color variation between them. Specifically the "second blade" that goes on the front edge of the base had a pale gold hue, while the "fifth and sixth blades" that fit on the side had a darker gold tone. But it seems like every single toy/model/reference image/appearance in later media has all six blades share the exact same material. Even skipping through ACC, it's hard to spot color differences now... but I feel like one scene does vindicate me!

The only time it's noticeable is some shots in the "battle at the forgotten city" with Loz and Yazoo - the second blade indeed still looks pale gold there, but elsewhere in the movie it matches the rest of the set. Weird.

This could potentially be down to when certain scenes were rendered during production. A short in-progress cut of the film was shown at the 2004 Venice Film Festival which included the Forgotten City sequence, so it's entirely possible those scenes were rendered out and considered done before the blade colour was changed to match the rest of the swords.

so far it seems KGHobby and Gundamnit do not double box?
OSK is double box
Yep, it seems that way.

Amazing picture/shot of Cloud and Fenrir! I never got neck pegs for Zack and have reached out to @fifty5alpha to obtain some! I do not have facebook but I sent a PM so hopefully they see it here. Thanks for all you do!
Hopefully you'll manage to get some, it really transform the figure!

Amazing work bro!
Thank you! 😊

When it comes to achieving screen accuracy, Cloud's fusion sword should ideally have a mirror-like finish rather than a matte one. I've observed this detail in the design.

I'm contemplating the idea of giving mine a mirror finish as well, but I have reservations due to the constant concern about potential scratches.

Note: 3:25min

Last edited:
Everything arrived safely, thanks to Kit's double box and Canada's gentle postal workers 😁
No scratches on Fenrir, and the magnets all stayed in the sword! Sweet! Only issue is the toothpick mark in the shoulder, but it's very small, and I massaged it out for the most part. Bonus, it's under the pauldron so it doesn't even matter 😄 Headsculpt is perfect yet again! Once Tifa and Aerith are released, my FFVII cabinet is complete! I actually bought this cabinet specifically to house Fenrir, because I wanted to display it with the wings open with the swords in the sheaths. But, it barely fits! 😂 Enjoy some cellphone pics! 😅
Btw. Does anyone know what battery Fenrir takes?

20231010_151200.jpg
20231010_151218.jpg
20231010_151351.jpg
20231010_151331.jpg
20231010_151309.jpg
20231010_152040.jpg

Everything arrived safely, thanks to Kit's double box and Canada's gentle postal workers 😁
No scratches on Fenrir, and the magnets all stayed in the sword! Sweet! Only issue is the toothpick mark in the shoulder, but it's very small, and I massaged it out for the most part. Bonus, it's under the pauldron so it doesn't even matter 😄 Headsculpt is perfect yet again! Once Tifa and Aerith are released, my FFVII cabinet is complete! I actually bought this cabinet specifically to house Fenrir, because I wanted to display it with the wings open with the swords in the sheaths. But, it barely fits! 😂 Enjoy some cellphone pics! 😅
Btw. Does anyone know what battery Fenrir takes?

View attachment 668491View attachment 668492View attachment 668493View attachment 668494View attachment 668495View attachment 668496
Those backdrops look awesome, did you print them yourself?

My dodgy eBay purchase arrived! It dispatched Sept 23rd so I was worried I was in the infamous first batch, but it looks like even my early one had been repackaged before shipping. The tape looks rough but it came off without too much issue. Cloud looks perfect, even the Fusion Swords look rather good (but there are a few minor goofs and defects)

Fenrir was thoroughly packed in foam and came out damage free although it's way bigger than I anticipated so it's remaining in the box until I figure out where to display it lol

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_162255026_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231010_162255026_HDR.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231010_162404715.jpg
    IMG_20231010_162404715.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231010_172713100.jpg
    IMG_20231010_172713100.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 0
Back