Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was excited for being first batch (for once) and then that feeling did a 180 and now I'm anxious lol. Both Deluxe & solo Cloud are on the way :monkey4 They really should have went with foam from the beginning. 😣 We'll see if I'm lucky or not

View attachment 666161

Just unboxed the bike and noticed the left arm has snapped off while in transit.

Also the goggles was rolling around and the ends have snapped.

Also some swords also has pressure rub from the plastic blister.

😔
The plastic shell to transport the bike is kinda mindboggling tbh. I can kinda see it with the figure since its not so heavy but to put a premium heavy bike in such a blister... It will not protect a heavy bike from shaking around during transportation. Should have come in styrofoam or something like the Medicom Akira bike which had an excellent Packaging.
I looked at my Cloud a little closer (only got the single so no bike) again and I actually also noticed a small dent on the right shoulder and some paint chipped off at one of the swords. Its sad because it boggles down such an otherwise amazing looking figure. Hope there can be some resolve for these issues.

I think the seamless body is good because it has so much more possibility over the other releases and if it hold up to cracking like they've suggested I don't see it being much of a problem. Moving forward GT just really need to nail down on their QC and sort the packaging out. I'm fine with the new packaging but they could do with some foam sheets to protect the important parts from the plastic similar to what hot toys do.
The plastic shell to transport the bike is kinda mindboggling tbh. I can kinda see it with the figure since its not so heavy but to put a premium heavy bike in such a blister... It will not protect a heavy bike from shaking around during transportation. Should have come in styrofoam or something like the Medicom Akira bike which had an excellent Packaging.
I looked at my Cloud a little closer (only got the single so no bike) again and I actually also noticed a small dent on the right shoulder and some paint chipped off at one of the swords. Its sad because it boggles down such an otherwise amazing looking figure. Hope there can be some resolve for these issues.
There's zero reason they should have moved away from the foam packaging in the first place. Really just comes across like they were trying to cut corners in price to have the overall package be cheaper on their part. Which ultimately is fine if the QC quality remains the same as before, not take such a nose dive. Hot Toys does clear plastic packaging all the time with zero issues, as has other companies like SooSooToys.

Daytona was packaged extremely well with foam padding covering the entire bike from front to back. Seeing Fenrir in that clear packaging with zero protection in comparison is really worrisome to see.

D4DIUt7.png

474696-IMG-9928.jpeg

One of the socket plugs had snapped so kinda resting on one socket. Super glue could hold it, but any twist on the part will just snap it off since it’s on a ball joint. How frustrating.
I feel like there’s going to be a lot of emails going back to suppliers this release.

Anyone from UK want the Cloud + Fenrir set? Happy to have Kit transfer order to you once invoice is received.

If I didn’t have more preorders supposedly coming in soon I’d take you up on that.

There's zero reason they should have moved away from the foam packaging in the first place. Really just comes across like they were trying to cut corners in price to have the overall package be cheaper on their part. Which ultimately is fine if the QC quality remains the same as before, not take such a nose dive. Hot Toys does clear plastic packaging all the time with zero issues, as has other companies like SooSooToys.

Daytona was packaged extremely well with foam padding covering the entire bike from front to back. Seeing Fenrir in that clear packaging with zero protection in comparison is really worrisome to see.

D4DIUt7.png

474696-IMG-9928.jpeg

I agree with you, the actual box took a huge battering, was so beat up.

The blister itself is extremely thin and flexible and this coming all the way from China, it needed to be protected better.

The figure itself, that’s just a QC issue.

I am so disappointed after such a long wait.

If there was no QC issues and the boxes had the same quality as the original release, I would’ve said this figure is perfect, the head sculpt is flawless, shame.

Attachments

• IMG_9905.jpeg
    IMG_9905.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
I agree with you, the actual box took a huge battering, was so beat up.

The blister itself is extremely thin and flexible and this coming all the way from China, it needed to be protected better.

The figure itself, that’s just a QC issue.

I am so disappointed after such a long wait.

If there was no QC issues and the boxes had the same quality as the original release, I would’ve said this figure is perfect, the head sculpt is flawless, shame.

Which retailer did you order from?

GunDamit, normally they double box and protect quite well, however with this they just put plastic corners and a plastic bag over it. Disappointing.
They don't add padding when there's an outerbox. It makes no sense to me, like it's supposed to protect like bubble paper.

My solo Cloud from Gundamit had bubblewrap around the shipperbox inside that plastic bag. But like mentioned before, they usually have an extra outerbox.
Fingers crossed, that my deluxe version is undamaged when it arrives.

The upper body from Cloud is harder to articulate than his legs. The legs feel kinda flimsy in comparison. Still, he looks awesome.

GunDamit, normally they double box and protect quite well, however with this they just put plastic corners and a plastic bag over it. Disappointing.

Well that sucks. I'd say though that if the collectors in China have been getting them with issues, there's already probably damage to it even before retailers ship them out. That flimsy box and inner packaging is unacceptable.

Now, GT boss will probably obsess on the packaging materials and further delaying any products from them. We'll see posts from Walter with GT boss revising the materials until it's "perfect". 🤣

They don't add padding when there's an outerbox. It makes no sense to me, like it's supposed to protect like bubble paper.
All my previous releases especially with boxes nearly as big have been double boxed and well protected, I wish they did it for this especially for this price point. I feels like they wanted to get it out ASAP before they go on holidays. Good luck to the others who are due to receive there's.

I just sent an email with 9 issues (had to combine them all together since their aftercare service only allows 3), I hope they are able to help and get replacement parts from the supplier otherwise I will send need to somehow send this back to China for a full refund.

Read from a Chinese forum:

“The packaging for the first batch that was sent later has been modified. Bubble wrap was added to the main body, bubble wrap to the knife, foam to the phone, and sponge to the motorcycle. When I received it, there were basically no issues.”

Let’s hope that this is true for most of us. I really want this to turn out perfect.

Back