Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/5th ? This is not VTS first release, why did they make such a mistake ?
Or is it the legs and the boots causing this.

That would be my guess, the ankle sockets are too high in the boots.

But still, looking at the difference between Cloud and RE Chris, I don't think it can be solved by dremeling out some boots. Realistically, Cloud and Chris should be on the same base body, considering the whole DAM/VTS relationship, so that makes this extra bizarre.

With the figure in hand, I think the height is entirely because of the boots. His torso and arms are not appreciably larger than any comparable 1:6 figure. The legs are just too long because the ankle joints are up in the brim of the boot, not down where the ankle should be. It was probably a creative decision to still give him some limited range of motion in the feet, but I don't like it. Fortunately I do think dremeling down into the boots would fix it.

I'm gonna wait until I have the Gametoys Seph in hand to see how much I have to shave off but I'm not so worried about bringing him into scale now.

I'll echo the sentiment that his elbows have very limited range of motion. They stop dead at 90°.

Attachments

• D644D1C6-3A23-4ACB-927C-9C8D1321CA9B.jpeg
    D644D1C6-3A23-4ACB-927C-9C8D1321CA9B.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 397B28A3-B845-468D-81CF-6FF944B4E848.jpeg
    397B28A3-B845-468D-81CF-6FF944B4E848.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 04AB4477-2AE4-40E2-94A7-0DF900BD16F6.jpeg
    04AB4477-2AE4-40E2-94A7-0DF900BD16F6.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 147
  • D9462EE8-0851-4C05-A2D5-EE9D92F26BCA.jpeg
    D9462EE8-0851-4C05-A2D5-EE9D92F26BCA.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 129
What did you do to fix it? Super glue? Mine came with a broken tail also from Giantoy. No damage to the box but tail was busted. Which brand glue did you use to attach the tail?
Gorilla glue worked, had to try it twice it just fell off the first time.

Gorilla glue worked, had to try it twice it just fell off the first time.
Thanks it’s not the biggest deal breaker but I did contact giantoy to see about a replacement or compensation. They have great support so I will keep you posted.

What did you do to fix it? Super glue? Mine came with a broken tail also from Giantoy. No damage to the box but tail was busted. Which brand glue did you use to attach the tail?
Mine is broken too...
I think everybody will received a broken tail with this Red XIII, I don't know anyone who received it intact!

Otherwise for Cloud, this is the reason why is really to tall... Body is ok, but they made a huge mistakes with boots! It's a crazy joke...

I also received my copy with a broken tail and I also have scratches from the tail rubbing against the body. 😭

The problem is due to a bad packaging from the manufacturer and not from the retailer who in my case is GIANTOY and is super pro.

I have sent an email to GIANTOY, I am waiting for their answer.

I also received my copy with a broken tail and I also have scratches from the tail rubbing against the body. 😭

The problem is due to a bad packaging from the manufacturer and not from the retailer who in my case is GIANTOY and is super pro.

I have sent an email to GIANTOY, I am waiting for their answer.
They should have just made the tail a separate piece that plugs into the body honestly, that is what most statues do with fragile pieces like that.

It may not be the fault of Giantoy but as the retailer it's their responsibility to resolve it.

I'm not saying that it's GIANTOY's fault, on the contrary, because GIANTOY is a very professional dealer.
The problem is the packaging of the manufacturer, VSToys, which is poorly designed.

Otherwise for Cloud, this is the reason why is really to tall... Body is ok, but they made a huge mistakes with boots! It's a crazy joke...
:slap

Man, this is a real one-two punch. First, with Arthur Morgan and now Cloud. Both were otherwise decent figures, but just have too many nits to pick with them

I'm not saying that it's GIANTOY's fault, on the contrary, because GIANTOY is a very professional dealer.
The problem is the packaging of the manufacturer, VSToys, which is poorly designed.
I know, that's not what I was saying.

Gonna need to do some dremel magic on them boots...

My Red XIII has a broken tail too, I just pinned it and glued it back together. Had to paint it some to since it was chipped on the butt... Otherwise, this is a pretty awesome Red Xiii statue.

Last edited:
Mine is broken too...
I think everybody will received a broken tail with this Red XIII, I don't know anyone who received it intact!

Oh wow that's a crazy mistake. The calf does look short though, need to be careful with the dremel so it's not drilled too deep.

Oh wow that's a crazy mistake. The calf does look short though, need to be careful with the dremel so it's not drilled too deep.
Bingo. They made his calf really short and stubby to compensate for the boots peg height. So drilling the boots in will just result in his knees being at the ankles of the boots.

It's a lose lose situation with the body they made for him. You would need to drill in the boots + make a peg in the bottom of it while also replacing the legs from another properly proportion body.

Well, crazy to think how many figures they have produced over the years and to make a ****** design choice on this figure. Wonder if this was intentional or a error that they just decided to run with?

I received my VTS cloud a few days ago, but I have been so bummed by these pics that I haven’t even opened the box. I guess I won’t be preordering anything from VTS ever again.

Good news is that somehow my XIII arrived intact, and it is a great piece. Can’t wait to have him next to my (hopefully not terrible) Gametoys Cloud.

I received my VTS cloud a few days ago, but I have been so bummed by these pics that I haven’t even opened the box. I guess I won’t be preordering anything from VTS ever again.

Good news is that somehow my XIII arrived intact, and it is a great piece. Can’t wait to have him next to my (hopefully not terrible) Gametoys Cloud.
its a hit or miss with VTS as it is with almost all third party company figures

they just couldnt deliver a great sculpt as the promo pics.. but also its not like if they try to sell a perfect sculpt from the very begining

Ill wait for the gametoys but after this I will not gonna expect to much from them either

Last edited:

It looks better in hand, but Game Toys will no doubt smoke them. Also the height is too tall, so I'll be using this version on the motorcycle with the GT one being the definitive version

Back