Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ofc idiots are sharing it all over the internet again -_-
Screenshot_20230620-124445_Facebook.jpg

The more I look at it the more it rings true.

Aside from the material and paint quality, the base likeness does look better. The eye area and lips are just off on GT.

comp.jpg

I own every GT FF figure, but it feels like the GT loyalty around here is blinding people.

The game models in FFVIIR are different than the renders. GT's figure is definitely based on the in-game model.
FwB0r-LX0AE-zdu
Yes you're certainly right, but even with this I don't recognize Tifa's "gentle" side in the Heasdsculpt GT, While I recognized it in the 1st proto that i prefer (Once again, we'll have to wait for another photos, as this may be the lighting)
Tifa Comparison 2.png

Yeah it's just disappointing after all this wait, it doesn't look much better/updated. Was hoping for the ultimate Tifa.

I like these two third party statue sculpts way better.

View attachment 645794
On the right, it's clearly the best sculpt of Tifa i ever seen.
We can see its softness like in the game, the likeness is Perfect it's clearly her

Last edited:
well ,gt boss aldy expect criticism on tifa,based on 1 picture.just too many ppl are like that.
he said and i quote:

“gt tifa is not the best but not the worst,buy if you like it,dont buy it if you dislike it,simple”

boss wont just change something in figure just because some ppl dislike it. we just have to trust gt on their dedication on those figures. boss think this tifa is good enough for preorder,and i trust his opinion.

It's worth noting that this was initially the Cloud figure during its preordering phase. I am confident that the team at GT will take customer feedback into consideration and deliver an outstanding final product.

View attachment 645818
The difference is that the Cloud we see in the pre-order photos was the 1st prototype and was not reworked as Tifa had been for months...
So I doubt very much that Tifa's HS will be reworked unfortunately, especially as it was reworked for months to produce the photos we have today.

Yeah plus its hard to compare what the actual definitive face of tifa is. Even the renders in-game, highreso renders, cutscene models and the likes dont look exactly look alike. ill take this as a win.

The difference is that the Cloud we see in the pre-order photos was the 1st prototype and was not reworked as Tifa had been for months...
So I doubt very much that Tifa's HS will be reworked unfortunately, especially as it was reworked for months to produce the photos we have today.
Could be possible. I guess we can only wait and see.

Yes you're certainly right, but even with this I don't recognize Tifa's "gentle" side in the Heasdsculpt GT, While I recognized it in the 1st proto that i prefer (Once again, we'll have to wait for another photos, as this may be the lighting)
View attachment 645823

On the right, it's clearly the best sculpt of Tifa i ever seen.
We can see its softness like in the game, the likeness is Perfect it's clearly her
I like GT the best, not dolled up like the statues and accurate proportions. Fanart Studio looks like the sculptor's style more than the game (look at their other statues, same face syndrome) and the body proportions are off. FA is a render, not fair to compare to a figure. You never know how a render translates to a real figure, and a physical figure looks different depending on lens, lighting and angle.

I'm ready to spend them dolla dolla billz, yo! C.R.E.A.M.

I think tifa turned out great.
Imma buy 6 now, 1 to display, 1 kept sealed, 4 to make people angry on Ebay with an exorbitant markup.

Last edited:
Face is a little wide but otherwise I think it looks great. Also this is leagues better than all the other head sculpts that have come out in 1/6 scale, so keep that in mind as well.

I need way more pre order pictures than that. Thats just a bad picture.

Also i freaking hate this whole idea of this industry, that pr pictures / promo pictures
dont represent the actual final product and we are just gonna show this product
how we think it could look like maybe and maybe the final product is gonna look like that, maybe it will be better, maybe it will be worse ...
who knows

Yeah, but please pre order now, otherwise the product will be sold out.
How about showing a actual factory sample first without any render, 3D, professionel added make up bs.
Like, can i please see the actual thing i'm buying and not just some idea?

And thats my criticism to all of these companies. Doesnt matter if its a licensed studio or third party studio or whatever.
Its so annoying that you cant really trust any company when it comes to this.

Dont get me started on the quality differences of game collector edition statues
pre order pictures vs the actual statues in the box. Its just sad.

Its because of cost, to blindly start producing something without concrete knowledge of what the demand is for that product is a fool's game. A lot of these figures and items are hand finished by multiple people, so the quality will obviously differ as well, regardless. Prototype is always going to look the best by comparison because it is a focused one off to show the proof of concept.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230620-073516_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20230620-073516_Discord.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 0
To be fair, @Tosh, you could say the same thing about literally every product—It’s modern consumerism’s almost universally accepted practices and permitted advertising laws. Not that that fact makes it pointless to wish for more accuracy in items you actually get—it’s awful when you get something that’s barely resembles what you think you’re getting—but it still seems like a pretty shallow complaint.

On one hand, it would be ideal to always know exactly what you’re getting, specifically when you PO an expensive item months or years in advance in an industry with less recourse, but they’re still all companies (with real people on their payroll) mass producing items with long term development schedules which all have associated costs that they likely base on expected sales. If every collectible company waited to show factory samples for every product before they could even get a realistic estimate of how many they’re likely going to sell—particularly for third party companies who risk C&D at any given moment—almost none of them would probably still be afloat.

Back