Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah never forget that a lot of these third-party resin statue of Tifa have a really bad track record of final product vs prototype photos
versus game toys with a good track record of final product > prototype

1687275975489.png

tifa_oof.png

Fyi, It's not the face that matters on any of those statues. I'm pretty sure there was more interest in the anatomical aspects of each that highlighted the appeal. Showcase the before and after of their "assets" might prove a different perspective opinion.

Yeah, the "funny" thing is, so far, none of the third party studios were able to get the FF7 Remake Tifa look right,
none of them were able to get the classic Tifa look right
and most of the final products didnt even match their own pre order pictures in terms of overall quality.
But to be fair, even Square Enix didnt get it right.
Thats why i'm pretty sure that the FA Studio Tifa will also end up on that disappointment list
because theres no way that the face is gonna have that kind of paint job and details.

If somebody would ask me like "hey, i'm a big Remake Tifa fan, which statue or custom set or whatever should i get?"
i honestly wouldnt really know what i would give as an answer ...
because i'm pretty sure that none of them really have the correct look. All of them are "kinda but not really".

It would probably take someone like Prime1 or Flare to get the job done.

I maybe the odd man out on this opinion but Prime 1 ain't all that great either from concept to final. But they sure charge like they do.

A comparison to what I think is the current best Tifa headsculpt in the market. I think GT made an outstanding body. The proportion, the clothes are just outstanding.

View attachment 645873
Nothing to say about the GT Tifa's body, it's just perfect.
To quibble, we could just say that the neck is a little fat, but that's okay.
The only problem is the HS, and when we compare it as you do with this HS custom which is just sublime, well that's where we see the problems of the HS GT with the likeness.

My opinion is by no means definitive, of course. I'm waiting for other photos with a different angles, different light, etc... which may surprise me in a good way.

But right now, with the only "final" photo we have, I really prefer the HS of the 1st GT proto, which looked much more like the Tifa we're waiting for.
I don't understand why they spent so much time modifying it to make it look "less good."
Tifa.jpg

5aee5966d0160924fed8d9c8910735fae7cd3473.jpg

0-D40-A314-6281-42-C1-9-E88-9-BDB0926-DD7-D.jpg
355112579_10167601523385084_7474373234267201530_n.jpg

4442-B724-6-A15-4-F23-A0-A7-761-F3080-A27-D.jpg
529-D92-AB-5-D83-4265-8871-4-C6-B4-B385-A24.jpg

I’m sorry, something looks ever-so-slightly off on the “new” sculpt, and to each their own I guess, but I can’t believe anyone genuinely believes the “old” sculpt looks better. Wtf.
F51B5DF7-0E8F-4032-807B-00E9F805C804.jpeg

You all need to calm down lol. I'm very positive Game Toys will indeed knock this one out of the park. Their track record speaks for itself and they've consistently produced quality products. No other third party company that I know of, has ever made any real adjustments or fine tuning as they have.

It's gonna be good, so long as it doesn't suffer Zack's unfortunate debacle of that neck cap placement. Perma-Shrug Tifa would be a tough sell.

Yeah, it'll look amazing on release. I really think lighting is playing tricks on us. Wait til we see more pics with her and the bar, I think it'll have a more "warm" lighting and it'll show her true look better. She looks too washed out with that harsh lighting and blue-ish background

Nothing to say about the GT Tifa's body, it's just perfect.
To quibble, we could just say that the neck is a little fat, but that's okay.
The only problem is the HS, and when we compare it as you do with this HS custom which is just sublime, well that's where we see the problems of the HS GT with the likeness.

My opinion is by no means definitive, of course. I'm waiting for other photos with a different angles, different light, etc... which may surprise me in a good way.

But right now, with the only "final" photo we have, I really prefer the HS of the 1st GT proto, which looked much more like the Tifa we're waiting for.
I don't understand why they spent so much time modifying it to make it look "less good."
View attachment 645890
View attachment 645891
View attachment 645887View attachment 645888
View attachment 645892View attachment 645893
These looked absolutely perfect. I hope the final product looks like this

As usual,all these debate regarding gt tifa. somehow its either very good or very bad,personal preference. fight between fans.

collector no1:its not good enough!terrible!
collector no2:its ok….(somehow can improve on certain area)

and this is only at this forum,imagine the heat on internet/china gt group.

some insight,all these opinion are based on 1 picture,and 1 picture only. my thoughts?sure,first sight=not as surprised as i saw the prototype 1year ago. but i zoom in the head and see,personal opinion= makeup improved,far better than prototype. and sure it will looks more great on different angle.

Use logic thinking,dont too nick picking on gt product. do you guys qc the others brand figure as serious as gt?its like 鸡蛋里挑骨头(picking bones on egg).

prototype=done by pro,final product =factory workers,multiple vendor
The key is process ,qc,constant alert ,dedication ,of mass production figure.

try this method,
is there many tifa on market?yes or no

do one of those tifa catches your attention?yes or no

is the company previous or current product quality good enough for you?yes or no

will you take a risk/gamble for this company tifa?yes or no

argue do not bring productivity.
in the end,most likely or 90%,no matter how some ppl hate gt tifa,it will still be the most complete set/best resemblance tifa figure in the current market.(in ACTION MOVEABLE FIGURE category)

love it?hate it?doesn't matter,you still buying it.

love it?hate it?doesn't matter,you still buying it.
This is what I love. Everyone complaining and nitpicking (only 1 image mind you) and yet all of them will order anyway.

Collectors love to complain, it's one of the guarantees in life. Because everyone has their own subjective opinion of what they think looks best.

I'm not worried in the least, I think she's going to look great.

Poor GT Boss, man is going to have an ulcer by the time this releases.

I’m sorry, something looks ever-so-slightly off on the “new” sculpt, and to each their own I guess, but I can’t believe anyone genuinely believes the “old” sculpt looks better. Wtf.
View attachment 645895
I would say it's the lighting that's making it look "off", I will say though the eyes seem a little bigger on the right but that maybe the lighting playing tricks on me

Back