Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, seeing these TW emails for the GT figures feels surreal, almost a throwback for how long they've been going on lol. It's like they're just a scam crystallized forever in time...

Just out of curiosity, do the hand parts on these figures pop on and off easily enough? Has anyone had to heat treat the hands to get them on?

Just out of curiosity, do the hand parts on these figures pop on and off easily enough? Has anyone had to heat treat the hands to get them on?
Definitely use a hair dryer on the hands. Though the wrist joints are made of a metal/plastic combination (on the seamless arms only) & are quite sturdy, it's always best to use the hair dryer to soften the plastic before making any rash decisions :lol Besides, with each figure produced, they give you a card showcasing the instructions to do so as well :duff I'm sure it's possible to get the hands off without using heat, but it's always best to use heat seeing as ankles and wrists are often the weakest points of figures.

I'm still waiting for my Deluxe Cloud hands parts from KG toys. It's been about 10 months, I think?
They sent me regular bike instead Deluxe..
I'm waiting my Gametoys Cloud's Boxes replacment from them since 10 months too!!!!

They sent me my Daytona + Cloud in pitiful shape, they opened and customised my Daytona box in order to put Cloud's box inside, without protection it was a total carnage and i received them totally destroyed.

I contacted them about that in february 2022, as soon as i received it.

And after a lot of emails I sent them to get my boxes (because at the time too, they were super long to answer) they finally managed to get my replacement boxes from Gametoys in May 2022, so 3 months later.

At that time, the shipping price was too expensive for France, so we agreed to wait for HK post to take over economic shipping, and so they told me they will kept my boxes until then.
HK post economic shipping has resumed for a while now in France, KGH sent me the box of Daytona (which I received) and they do not send me the boxes of Cloud! (brown box plus the normal one)
It's been 1 month that they ignore me and don't answer my mails at all!
The last email I got from them was "Hi We sent you the cloud's brown box first, we will try to find the other two boxes for you."

(They spoke about cloud's brown box but i was daytona's box that i received)
And they said "we will try to find the other two boxes for you"???
when they have my boxes since may 2022, proof in pictures!

KGH has become the worst store I've ever seen, 0 customer service, they send late, they don't protect the boxes well and sometimes they even send boxes that are already damaged before sending.
I was a very big customer and they completely lost me.

I will contact them again for my Cloud boxes, and if they continue to ignore me I will give them the publicity they deserve everywhere, I am more than fed up 🤬

I agree that boxes are the last thing anyone should worry about, but it’s (arguably) the seller’s ultimate responsibility for any product to make sure their shipment arrives in satisfactory condition.
Are you going to just throw out the original damaged boxes?

I'll never understand this box obsession, it's a bit of cardboard :lol
So you are not a collector... :rolleyes:
Boxes are as important as figures, even for selling if your box is damaged your price will be really less expensive.
That's why before the shipping i always told to KGH to give me perfect boxes not damage, and to protect it as good as they can for shipping because it's important for me, but they don't care.

I already have many damaged boxes with them, and sometimes i said nothing.
But Cloud is my grail, it's THE figure that I had to receive in perfect condition.
I warned them before the ship that it needed an armored protection for the transport and they themselves messed up the box of my bike before sending it by customizing it, and did not put any protection so obviously I received everything damaged.

And anyway, even if you don't care about the boxes, you think it's normal that KGH totally ignores its customers? (I am far from being the only one)
That they are always very long to answer?
That they have my replacment boxes since May and don't send them to me? That they act as if they didn't have them?

If you think this is normal, keep buying from KGH.
For my part I am now 100% at OSK and I am very happy with it, 0 problems.
On the contrary, they are the first to send the invoices, the fastest to send the package, the best to protect the boxes, the fastest to receive them at home, and the best of the best for the customer service

Are you going to just throw out the original damaged boxes?
Of course not, I keep them until I have the new boxes in perfect condition, that KGH has in his possession...

Use hairdryer to gently warm the wrists. If you live in a warm climate, you might not need it. I'm in the UK, without the hairdyer, changing hands was a pain in the butt. Worse with Cloud, you want to be careful not to damage the silicone arms - easier to just remove the whole arm from the body, attach the hand, then put the entire arm back.

Boxes are as important as figures, even for selling if your box is damaged your price will be really less expensive.
That's why before the shipping i always told to KGH to give me perfect boxes not damage, and to protect it as good as they can for shipping because it's important for me, but they don't care.

But Cloud is my grail, it's THE figure that I had to receive in perfect condition.
I warned them before the ship that it needed an armored protection for the transport and they themselves messed up the box of my bike before sending it by customizing it, and did not put any protection so obviously I received everything damaged.

And anyway, even if you don't care about the boxes, you think it's normal that KGH totally ignores its customers? (I am far from being the only one)
That they have my replacment boxes since May and don't send them to me? That they act as if they didn't have them?

On the contrary, they are the first to send the invoices, the fastest to send the package, the best to protect the boxes, the fastest to receive them at home, and the best of the best for the customer service

Of course not, I keep them until I have the new boxes in perfect condition, that KGH has in his possession...

That's what I love about shopping/buying in & from Japan.

They are hardcore collectors and in the 2nd hand shops, they will heavily grade a product down if there's even a little crease on the packaging.

Totally, my cloud box isn't in best condition either, but those picture you shown are far worse. I know people said they don't care what the box condition is, but I'm pretty sure when you out and about shopping you don't pick the beat up looking one and buy those.
But I actually surprise KG Hobby send it out like that! When I receive my Zack from them there was a weird looking box protecting the shipper box, but the boxes was in good condition. That was my first purchase from them since I couldn't find Zack anywhere else.

Boxes are as important as figures
[…]
[…]
I think you missed the entire point of both mine and @chrisstbh little posts.

Again, like I already wrote, it’s the seller’s responsibility to ship you the product you bought in a satisfactory condition so it makes sense for anyone to expect and want the box to look brand new.

But gatekeeping what makes someone a “collector” based on how obsessive they are about the grade of some paper and plastic-which exists primarily to protect the actual piece inside of it-is actually hilarious

Sounds rather gatekeepy but sure.
The box is there to protect the figure in transit and storage, if the figure arrives to me safely then I do not care what shape the box is in.
I did not comment on KGH customer service at all.

To me it's just some cardboard.

I think you missed the entire point of both mine and @chrisstbh little posts.

Again, like I already wrote, it’s the seller’s responsibility to ship you the product you bought in a satisfactory condition so it makes sense for anyone to expect and want the box to look brand new.

But gatekeeping what makes someone a “collector” based on how obsessive they are about the grade of some paper and plastic-which exists primarily to protect the actual piece inside of it-is actually hilarious
Wow. Gatekeeping. You guys are sensitive for sure. Saying that caring about the packaging is an obsession, is very ignorant. In my opinion. Saying that for you, the condition of the box does not matter is okay. The way of phrasing some sentences can be important. And I may be mistaken but christbhh in the past or someone else, I don't wish to scour the whole forum had some ****** take or made comments that upset someone.

As far as I'm concerned, this is an FFVII collectable topic and all of us have the same hobby and passion ( I hope) regarding FFVII. Keep it friendly and cordial, Gents. I keep my boxes in mint condition btw. It is part of the figure. I would be angry if mine would arrive damaged.

Attachments

• 20221210_234924.jpg
    20221210_234924.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Speaking for myself. Not sure what the problem is.
They are hardcore collectors and in the 2nd hand shops, they will heavily grade a product down if there's even a little crease on the packaging.
Don’t mean to insult anyone and to each their own, but this is the definition of obsessive and I’m not using that term strictly in bad faith.
Wow. Gatekeeping. You guys are sensitive for sure. Saying that caring about the packaging is an obsession, is very ignorant. In my opinion. Saying that for you, the condition of the box does not matter is okay. The way of phrasing some sentences can be important. And I may be mistaken but christbhh in the past or someone else, I don't wish to scour the whole forum had some ****** take or made comments that upset someone.
Pointing out that packaging may not be the most important thing to consider feels far less sensitive to me than calling anyone who doesn’t care about it a fake collector.

Oh well, moving on.

EDIT: Honestly the more I think about it, the amount of money we spend on these products more than justifies wanting every component, including the boxes, to be in pristine condition. Sorry to anyone I may have offended or unintentionally criticised.

Last edited:
I'm waiting my Gametoys Cloud's Boxes replacment from them since 10 months too!!!!

They sent me my Daytona + Cloud in pitiful shape, they opened and customised my Daytona box in order to put Cloud's box inside, without protection it was a total carnage and i received them totally destroyed.

I contacted them about that in february 2022, as soon as i received it.

And after a lot of emails I sent them to get my boxes (because at the time too, they were super long to answer) they finally managed to get my replacement boxes from Gametoys in May 2022, so 3 months later.

At that time, the shipping price was too expensive for France, so we agreed to wait for HK post to take over economic shipping, and so they told me they will kept my boxes until then.
HK post economic shipping has resumed for a while now in France, KGH sent me the box of Daytona (which I received) and they do not send me the boxes of Cloud! (brown box plus the normal one)
It's been 1 month that they ignore me and don't answer my mails at all!
The last email I got from them was "Hi We sent you the cloud's brown box first, we will try to find the other two boxes for you."

(They spoke about cloud's brown box but i was daytona's box that i received)
And they said "we will try to find the other two boxes for you"???
when they have my boxes since may 2022, proof in pictures!

KGH has become the worst store I've ever seen, 0 customer service, they send late, they don't protect the boxes well and sometimes they even send boxes that are already damaged before sending.
I was a very big customer and they completely lost me.

I will contact them again for my Cloud boxes, and if they continue to ignore me I will give them the publicity they deserve everywhere, I am more than fed up 🤬
That is just horrible. Since the pandemic, KG switched shipping method to something much cheaper and he stopped spending time on customer support.
Simple answer.. Stop giving them business Boycott KG!

I feel so sad that my Cloud's pauldron suddenly loosen and dropped off.. and I also accidentally scratched my buster sword... Any good advices to fix these problems? 😢

The last photo was the picture before the pauldron dropped off...

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_175512.jpg
    IMG_20221210_175512.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221210_183611.jpg
    IMG_20221210_183611.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221210_185043.jpg
    IMG_20221210_185043.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221210_200545.jpg
    IMG_20221210_200545.jpg