Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VTS Face/Pants + GameToys Hair and Clothing will get you the best Cloud figure imo but dumping $400+ for that is a bit of an overkill.

I'm more than happy with GameToys Cloud + Sephiroth.

Last edited:
Gametoyz is the most accurate one.

I can't get past the Kingdom Hearts sized feet and hands of the VTS. Undersized buster sword (wrong color handle too). And most importantly, the headsculpt.

I really really like the ingame look of Remake Tifa
but so far out of all the official products, non licensed statues, clothing + headsculpt releases,
i have not seen one single Tifa that actually looks like Remake Tifa.

They all look like some Mash Up of Original FF7, Dissidia, Remake, Cosplay
but none of them look like the character in the actual remake.

And then on top of that, not only that but also pretty much all of the final products (official license or not)
look worse than what was shown as prototype.
Overall i'm extremely disappointed.

Totally agree man, no one has made a good remake Tifa yet. I'm hoping one day we will get a good figure or statue from someone.

Totally agree man, no one has made a good remake Tifa yet. I'm hoping one day we will get a good figure or statue from someone.

Yeah, i hope so too.
I guess there is a chance for updates and new products with the upcoming PS5 release
and then the Remake Part 2
BUT
even then its possible that the next products still wont look like Remake Tifa.
I mean, even Play Arts Kai, the official Square Enix company, wasnt able to do it.
So maybe we will get 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 new figures and statues but we will have the exact same problem.
Its just sad.

This is the stuff we have so far

tifaaas.png

And this is how she looks in the Remake

tiifaaaaaaas.jpg

No product is even close to that if you ask me.

It’s a really difficult one man, I can understand how hard it must be to capture her likeness in a physical product. At the same time though I do wish these third party companies would prioritise accuracy oppose to cast off, it seems that’s all they care about lol. What we really need is for Square to license out ff7, that would be our best chance of getting a high quality Tifa, but it’s unlikely I think :(

Our maybe GameToys will be our salvation and continue to deliver us high quality figures of the gang. I?d be really surprised if they don?t do Tifa/Aerith/Barrett next especially since the Cloud and Sephiroth figures seem to be really popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It?s a really difficult one man, I can understand how hard it must be to capture her likeness in a physical product. At the same time though I do wish these third party companies would prioritise accuracy oppose to cast off, it seems that?s all they care about lol. What we really need is for Square to license out ff7, that would be our best chance of getting a high quality Tifa, but it?s unlikely I think :(

Yeah, sometimes they are working together with other companies like with Flare and their Nier Automata 2B and 9S Statue.
They also have a Nier product line together with Prime1.
We need something like that for Tifa.

I have absolutely no faith in any Play Arts Kai update or any other none license statue.
They cant even make their final products look like their pre order prototypes.
Also the Play Arts Kai line is simply too cheap. If we want like 'Hot Toys quality' in 1/6
we need a official product for something like 300 USD / ?.

I have no idea why Square Enix doesnt do anything with this whole thing.
Give us official licensed HQ products for collectors and not overpriced plastic action figures. Come on

I would love that, Cloud & particularly Sephiroth look fantastic. Hopefully their final products turn out like their prototypes, Gametoys Ichigo turned out great. It’s still unknown at this point, but I’m very excited for them, Cloud should be releasing sometime soon, so we will learn more about Gametoys then. Fingers crossed :)

Agreed my friend, the PAK figures leave a lot to be desired, incredibly overpriced for what they are. Square absolutely need to make steps to license out to a company like Hot Toys, they have fantastic licenses and should learn from bigger companies such as Disney on how to license their properties. The NieR x Prime 1 statue gives me a lot of hope for the future. Although that statue is incredibly overpriced, FF7 pieces by Prime 1 would be a dream, the quality would be unmatched & to get officially licensed ff7 on that level wow. One can dream right haha.

Just sharing more pics of my collection, I'm still loving this bust pictures don't do it justice, I do have the rest of the PAK on order as well as both 1/6 game toys (Cloud and Sephiroth) and the Super Duck Tifa ill keep sharing pics as soon as I start receiving them, hope you guys enjoy sorry if the quality is not good I'm using my phones camera

Attachments

• 20210322_194243.jpg
    20210322_194243.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 20210322_194303.jpg
    20210322_194303.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 20210322_194313.jpg
    20210322_194313.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 20210322_194336.jpg
    20210322_194336.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 20210322_194214.jpg
    20210322_194214.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 217
  • 20210322_194226.jpg
    20210322_194226.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 216
Agreed my friend, the PAK figures leave a lot to be desired, incredibly overpriced for what they are. Square absolutely need to make steps to license out to a company like Hot Toys, they have fantastic licenses and should learn from bigger companies such as Disney on how to license their properties. The NieR x Prime 1 statue gives me a lot of hope for the future. Although that statue is incredibly overpriced, FF7 pieces by Prime 1 would be a dream, the quality would be unmatched & to get officially licensed ff7 on that level wow. One can dream right haha.

I completely agree!! id love to see what prime 1 would do with the FF7 line. But for the moment I will enjoy gametoys/VTS unlicensed figures. I dont want to buy from PAK unless its RED13/cait sith or any other side character that no one else would bother making.

Yeah, i hope so too.
I guess there is a chance for updates and new products with the upcoming PS5 release
BUT
I mean, even Play Arts Kai, the official Square Enix company, wasnt able to do it.
So maybe we will get 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 new figures and statues but we will have the exact same problem.
Its just sad.

tifaaas.png

tiifaaaaaaas.jpg

I think the MH Studios and XZ Studios Tifas actually look really good from available pictures. Others are quite a bit of the artists interpretation.

I completely agree!! id love to see what prime 1 would do with the FF7 line. But for the moment I will enjoy gametoys/VTS unlicensed figures. I dont want to buy from PAK unless its RED13/cait sith or any other side character that no one else would bother making.

Gametoys has been putting out great stuff so far, providing final products are comparable to the prototypes I’d love to see them continue with the line. Tifa, Aertih, Jessie, Barrett, honestly I’d take anyone :wink1:

I think the MH Studios and XZ Studios Tifas actually look really good from available pictures. Others are quite a bit of the artists interpretation.

Are there real in hand pictures of the XZ Studio Tifa? Pictures of the real thing,
not the rendered pre order pictures or the painted pics provided by the studio.

Because i did read somewhere that XZ Studio is exactly the same company as Pink Pink Studio
and the final in hand PPK Tifa doesnt look like the rendered pre order pictures at all.
Also the final product doesnt look like the painted one that the company showed as final paint job.
Not even the proportions are the same.

I think 95% of the unlicensed statues are simply way too expensive for the quality.
In a lot of cases its almost 'scam' level because theres a very high chance that you are going to open your package at home
and the product does not look like the product you ordered. But you payed 300-800 USD.

Square Enix cant provide high quality with their PAK line because its simply too cheap.
No professional painter or sculpter is working in that price range.
We need a reliable official company in the price range of 300-500 USD for 1/6 scale
or 400-800 USD for 1/4 scale if we want high quality.
This unlicensed stuff is pretty much just gambling and then hoping for the best.

When Flare announced the official licensed 2B statue, that thing was already sold out in the pre order phase (and the final product looks really good)
so i have no idea why Square doesnt do something like this for FF7R.

Are there real in hand pictures of the XZ Studio Tifa? Pictures of the real thing,
not the rendered pre order pictures or the painted pics provided by the studio.

Because i did read somewhere that XZ Studio is exactly the same company as Pink Pink Studio
and the final in hand PPK Tifa doesnt look like the rendered pre order pictures at all.
Also the final product doesnt look like the painted one that the company showed as final paint job.
Not even the proportions are the same.

I think 95% of the unlicensed statues are simply way too expensive for the quality.
In a lot of cases its almost 'scam' level because theres a very high chance that you are going to open your package at home
and the product does not look like the product you ordered. But you payed 300-800 USD.

Square Enix cant provide high quality with their PAK line because its simply too cheap.
No professional painter or sculpter is working in that price range.
We need a reliable official company in the price range of 300-500 USD for 1/6 scale
or 400-800 USD for 1/4 scale if we want high quality.
This unlicensed stuff is pretty much just gambling and then hoping for the best.

When Flare announced the official licensed 2B statue, that thing was already sold out in the pre order phase (and the final product looks really good)
so i have no idea why Square doesnt do something like this for FF7R.

There are 3 non renders here. That's what I'm going by.

https://avol.sg/products/xz-studio-tifa-lockhart?_pos=4&_sid=574d48877&_ss=r

Yeah but thats another 'problem'
These are provided by the studio and of course they are going to make it look like the best way they can.
But that still doesnt mean that the final product will look like this if the paint job is too complicated / detailed for mass production.
Thats exactly what happened to the Pink Pink Studio Tifa. I wouldnt trust any picture as long as its not made by a private person with the final product in hand.
These unlicensed studios are like hobby garage kit sculptors, they dont have the ressources or personal like Hot Toys, Prime1 etc.
Thats why there is such a big difference of quality in their product output.

But coming back to my point, even if for example the XZ one will look like the promotion pics,
i still think that it doesnt look like Remake Tifa. Not that it looks bad but it simply doesnt look like the ingame model.
The proportions are completely wrong.

xz-vs-real.png

Attachments

• xz vs real.jpg
    xz vs real.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 180
Yeah but thats another 'problem'
These are provided by the studio and of course they are going to make it look like the best way they can.
But that still doesnt mean that the final product will look like this if the paint job is too complicated / detailed for mass production.
Thats exactly what happened to the Pink Pink Studio Tifa. I wouldnt trust any picture as long as its not made by a private person with the final product in hand.
These unlicensed studios are like hobby garage kit sculptors, they dont have the ressources or personal like Hot Toys, Prime1 etc.
Thats why there is such a big difference of quality in their product output.

But coming back to my point, even if for example the XZ one will look like the promotion pics,
i still think that it doesnt look like Remake Tifa. Not that it looks bad but it simply doesnt look like the ingame model.
The proportions are completely wrong.

xz-vs-real.png

I’ve been looking around some groups and I know that Prime 1 is working with square Enix closely according to one of the owners. The NieR statue is just the first in a ‘series’ of pieces for the masterline collection. We just have to play the waiting game, I think with it being the 25th anniversary of FF7 next year, fingers crossed we get some news on some prime 1 ff7 pieces soon. Hopefully for the phase 2 showcase from prime 1 we may see something, fingers crossed.

Those masterline statues are very expensive. Honestly, I'm happy with the statuettes I got from Square Enix, but they only did the three (Cloud, Aerith, and Sephiroth). More reasonably priced, and a pretty decent resemblance. Definitely fine for my shelf. I hope they do they other characters.

Yeah, i hope so too.
BUT
Its just sad.

tifaaas.png

tiifaaaaaaas.jpg

True; the closest I've seen so far is the Super Duck kimono Tifa, and even it leaves something to be desired.

161754ttda6idezfllde6t_1024x1024.jpg

Back