Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VI, VII and XIV are the top 3 for me, I like other entries into the franchise to varying degrees but nothing touches those 3. VIIR I absolutely adore but I don't consider it a mainline entry so it wouldn't be fair to include it.

I've always been a fan of Cecil Harvey's Dark Knight design myself, 4 is also where the dragoon depiction comes from with Kaine. I would love this with the red stripe variant in 12 inch form

Attachments

• Cecil_D_alt3.png
    Cecil_D_alt3.png
    306.8 KB · Views: 0
Looking at how VTS made their Cloud so out of scale... now I have a theory.

As far as I know, Gametoys announced their Sephiroth, with their GT body used for Ichigo that are too tall for Ichigo. But it is a fit for Sephiroth. A body with around 34 cm tall. Now seeing how tall this Sephiroth figure is, VTS is trying to make a Cloud so people can collect them as a companion in their collections. Jumping in the FF7 Remake train but with no research or just plain bad decision. They chose to match the height with GT Sephiroth. "Well this white haired guy on the so called FF7 game is this tall, so we have to match it with this spiky yellow haired guy we're trying to make." Pretty sure that's verbatim what they said because like I said, they don't do research :ROFLMAO:

And then productions are underway, but out of nowhere, this GameToys company, a newcomer, dare to make their version of Cloud. With seemingly a better looking prototype. It's announced almost at the same time if I remember correctly. So then people choose between the two. GameToys is relatively new, so granted people are having doubts, but it has the Hardy Daytona, and the price is a steal. Then the preorders closed.

After months waiting, VTS released their Cloud. And they said, "This is gonna be good! The size match perfectly with that long white haired guy with also a long sword and a long black wing on the back!" It is also verbatim. I heard they said that. They do have the same height, but the community had different opinions. They hate it. It's a giant. Nothing like Cloud in the game. The upscaling is pretty apparent when the boots are not even simulating feet inside. The peg holes are on the very top so they can make it taller. Not long after, GameToys released their Cloud. And it is even better than the prototype! GameToys does a great product. We believe in them and just plain forget VTS exist. We have news from the inside that people working on GameToys are dedicated artists. Does tons of research so they deliver an almost perfect product. They then announced Zack, so did VTS. But now we know. Most likely VTS will use the molds for Cloud's newly developed body. They use their bad decision and they are in too deep. So their Zack will be a giant too.

That's my theory. VTS trying to follow in GT's footstep. But they are trying to think ahead of themselves without a proper thinking. So they got lost.

Looking at how VTS made their Cloud so out of scale... now I have a theory.

As far as I know, Gametoys announced their Sephiroth, with their GT body used for Ichigo that are too tall for Ichigo. But it is a fit for Sephiroth. A body with around 34 cm tall. Now seeing how tall this Sephiroth figure is, VTS is trying to make a Cloud so people can collect them as a companion in their collections. Jumping in the FF7 Remake train but with no research or just plain bad decision. They chose to match the height with GT Sephiroth. "Well this white haired guy on the so called FF7 game is this tall, so we have to match it with this spiky yellow haired guy we're trying to make." Pretty sure that's verbatim what they said because like I said, they don't do research :ROFLMAO:

And then productions are underway, but out of nowhere, this GameToys company, a newcomer, dare to make their version of Cloud. With seemingly a better looking prototype. It's announced almost at the same time if I remember correctly. So then people choose between the two. GameToys is relatively new, so granted people are having doubts, but it has the Hardy Daytona, and the price is a steal. Then the preorders closed.

After months waiting, VTS released their Cloud. And they said, "This is gonna be good! The size match perfectly with that long white haired guy with also a long sword and a long black wing on the back!" It is also verbatim. I heard they said that. They do have the same height, but the community had different opinions. They hate it. It's a giant. Nothing like Cloud in the game. The upscaling is pretty apparent when the boots are not even simulating feet inside. The peg holes are on the very top so they can make it taller. Not long after, GameToys released their Cloud. And it is even better than the prototype! GameToys does a great product. We believe in them and just plain forget VTS exist. We have news from the inside that people working on GameToys are dedicated artists. Does tons of research so they deliver an almost perfect product. They then announced Zack, so did VTS. But now we know. Most likely VTS will use the molds for Cloud's newly developed body. They use their bad decision and they are in too deep. So their Zack will be a giant too.

That's my theory. VTS trying to follow in GT's footstep. But they are trying to think ahead of themselves without a proper thinking. So they got lost.

I honestly think it's just because Cloud has longer than average legs. He's a stylized, anime-esque character, and his legs are longer than an average realistic person's would be. A standard 1:6 body, built to be proportionate to a regular person, wouldn't quite match his in-game physique, so both companies solved the issue in different ways. GT engineered a full new body, while VTS just extended the length of the legs on a standard body.

I built a new set of boots for my VTS Cloud that put the ankle joint in the right place, and it immediately drops him back down to the same height as the GT figure, it's just now he feels "off" because the rest of his body is designed proportionally for the longer legs.

I expect gametoys to consider one-off models that are very expensive and directly made for a specific collector as opposed to any kind of mass production. Everyone wants something unique after all.
i think they like to hit a balance between the two, that said I'd love it if they did more niche dudes, or troop builders.

This is exactly my point. Too busy making fun of the VTS figure to care that GT Cloud is also too tall. Show me a picture of GT Cloud in the rest of your collection, it will show that the figure is taller than all the other figures.
Comparing with HT 2012 Cap with modified traps:
tmp-1661064331274_copy.jpg

Comparing with HT Spider-man Black and Red suit with modified neck:
tmp-1661064331346_copy.jpg

Comparing with HT MK 85 with modified traps cover:
tmp-1661064331391_copy.jpg

Comparing with a Custom Sherlock Holmes with HT Doctor Strange Body:
tmp-1661064343125_copy.jpg

Took these few that are more accesible to me for comparisons though it seems DamToys Ezio are similar height except for the hairpiece on Cloud. The differences aren't that big to be jumping on GT compared to VTS which is definitely out of scale and seems more suited to 1/5.

Even that, VTS is still somewhat excusable compared to PAK, an official merch division of Square Enix which often releases characters of varying inacurrate heights from the same series.

Last edited:
View attachment 595592

View attachment 595593

View attachment 595595

View attachment 595591

Took these few that are more accesible to me for comparisons though it seems DamToys Ezio are similar height except for the hairpiece on Cloud. The differences aren't that big to be jumping on GT compared to VTS which is definitely out of scale and seems more suited to 1/5.

Even that, VTS is still somewhat excusable compared to PAK, an official merch division of Square Enix which often rele
yup, thats why only compare gt product with gt product only. some ppl will always complaint eventhough gt manage to do 100%.

go buy others if you dont like it.

Summary from the video:

- Very satisfied with the final product quality for both versions of the figure, especially on both of the headsculpts which capture each time period accurately
- Hair on both sculpts are especially much better compared to Cloud's where it's more defined, detailed and malleable
- Clothing wise, it shares the same material quality with Cloud just different sizing and colors which are much welcomed as there's nothing wrong with Cloud's soldier's uniform in the first place.
- Both arm choices (silicon and action) provides variety for users
- Wrist is an issue as its not as tight as Cloud's and may not be able to hold certain sword poses well.

View attachment 595592

View attachment 595593

View attachment 595595

View attachment 595591

Even that, VTS is still somewhat excusable compared to PAK, an official merch division of Square Enix which often releases characters of varying inacurrate heights from the same series.
What's the point in comparing it with different figures, from different franchises, based on realistic actors?

Cap having modified traps, Spidey having modified neck and Holmes being on a Doctor Strange body has absolutely no bearing on the quality or accuracy of the GT Cloud figure.

I am now going to go compare Call of Duty with Super Mario.

What's the point in comparing it with different figures, from different franchises, based on realistic actors?

Cap having modified traps, Spidey having modified neck and Holmes being on a Doctor Strange body has absolutely no bearing on the quality or accuracy of the GT Cloud figure.

I am now going to go compare Call of Duty with Super Mario.
Sure you can compare Call of Duty with Super Mario, nobody is stopping you.

Like I said in my own reply, the real comparison should be done with PAK instead but you will still have people going hurrrr durrr my height. Maybe some people can't dedicate another shelf space for video game characters so it would look off, maybe they can't see past the height difference, whatever it is, can't please everyone anyway.

Last edited:
yup, thats why only compare gt product with gt product only. some ppl will always complaint eventhough gt manage to do 100%.
I think they should, because then like Yasuo showed, you see he's perfectly in scale. Or at least almost perfectly in scale. Similar situation to Damtoys Leon, where you just gotta modify the ankles at worst, Except Leon is WAAAAY too tall, while Cloud is almost perfect.

Back