Media Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they should've left Sephiroth's shoulder armor the way it was, but then again, people are saying they used the dissidia models (the ps4 version) which is why cloud is beefier.

I just hope they make the villages and cities more explorable that in FF 15. It was so annoying seeing all these houses and areas that were basically window dressing and you could not go into any of them and explore like you could in the original games.

Yep, I love going into other people's houses and stealing their stuff that was in treasure chests, LOL.

Yep, I love going into other people's houses and stealing their stuff that was in treasure chests, LOL.

better yet do it right infront of the owners while they watch and still be friendly with you when you talk to them like nothing happened.

It's been a Long time coming

https://youtu.be/pCJZg7pVtiI

8202b88725f4ba4b06997ebf4c4a2f7b_1920_KR.jpg

Finally a release date, I was thinking it would come at retirement age lol. Wow, I can remember I was in HS when the Original came out FF7 got me into rpg. I’m very excited for this game, figure and bike looks great too. I may just get the deluxe though.

Actually, reading a recent interview it seems like they're doing it in pieces in what they feel like are full game chunks until the get through the whole store, where the Midgar section right now is the size of a full game. So there is likely to be more than two

The game looks and sounds great. I agree with most of what we have seen so far and the combat seems fun to play, however I am very hesitant and reluctant to get burned again. Square use to be my favorite developer and I always obsessed over the next FF release but I have been far disappointed in them lately to give them my full trust. I hope they prove me wrong and this game turns out amazing as that is the only respectful thing to do to honor the original. I like what I have seen and heard and hope it blows us all away just like in 97.

I'm not really wild about them turning the Midgar section into a 'full-length' game and charging full price for it.

From the trailer it looks like they're really padding out sections with CG movies.

Midgar was what, about 1/3 of the game? I think it's safer to wait until "The Complete Story" is released, at half the price.

Yeah I don't see how the game is going to finish in just two if the first game is only Midgar... so much of the game happens outside of it. Needs at least 3 games if this is the route they're taking... unless the second game is unbelievably massive.

Yeah I don't see how the game is going to finish in just two if the first game is only Midgar... so much of the game happens outside of it. Needs at least 3 games if this is the route they're taking... unless the second game is unbelievably massive.

There was this bit over at Gamespot that has me raising an eyebrow

"At that point, we decided we're going to focus this game on Midgar and what happened in Midgar," [Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase] continued. "And unfortunately, we can't say anything more about the future games after that, because we don't know ourselves, really. We really are still fleshing out that process and fleshing out what we're going to do for the second game in the project, and what kind of story is going to be in that, so we really can't tell you."

There's two problems here

A) I'm not going to buy Part 1 when I don't know if and/or when the complete story will be released

B) I think what's really going on is they know this game is going to set records when it's released and are thinking "Why sell this full game at $60, when we could sell it for $180" ... because you know that's what's going to happen.

I'm really hoping they're just lying and Part 2 will be released in Holiday 2020, and Part 3 in Summer 2021, with the Complete Story in Holiday 2021. Otherwise the idea that it will be another 2-5 years for part 2 is ridiculous.

I think there's going to be a LOT of people super pissed come next year when they reach the end of the Midgar section and the credits roll. Unless they change the marketing on this and tack a Part 1 on the title, things are going to get pretty hairy for them.

I think them expanding on this game in almost every way is insanely exciting! Am i worried its going to take them forever to finish it and possibly cause them to give up on future installments? YES!

But FF7 was a stand-out game of my childhood. I dont buy many games these days anymore. But if they can make this the end-all-be-all FF7 experience than I will go ALL OUT to support it!

I already PO'd the 1st class edition and will certainly PO each and every top of the line CE in support of this endeavor. What really excites me is how unprecedented this is. This could be the Remake to end ALL remakes.

The RE remakes are top of the line but what Square is attempting to do with this series is MIND-BOGGLING!!! This could end up being one of the LARGEST games ever conceived. If they're making the Midgar section into a full game, and they continue this level of detail throughout, this game could be on a level of epicness we're not used too!

Again, their choice to go all out does scare me! but I'm SO excited for what this could potentially end up meaning for one of my most favorite games of ALL TIME!

Back