Media Final Fantasy 7 Remake!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, need to vent lol:

Wraith Hound is a *****! Dodge does not seem to work. Putting your sword up doesn't work. He's faster and I've died like 10 times trying to beat this damn side mission.

I don't see that the mission is level rated, but am I missing that? This is my first FF game ever.

Other than the texture pop in issues, it's a beautiful game though.

Ok, need to vent lol:

Wraith Hound is a *****! Dodge does not seem to work. Putting your sword up doesn't work. He's faster and I've died like 10 times trying to beat this damn side mission.

I don't see that the mission is level rated, but am I missing that? This is my first FF game ever.

Other than the texture pop in issues, it's a beautiful game though.

LOL it’s a pretty tough early side quest. I think you have Assess by then, use it to find out its weakness and then exploit it to stagger it quicker. Use Cloud’s Punisher stance so you can block and counter its melee attacks and then use your Abilities. Don’t forget to switch and use Tifa because she’s a fast and powerful fighter and has a lot of moves at her disposal.

It was a tough fight but I did manage to do it in 1 try with that strategy.

LOL it’s a pretty tough early side quest. I think you have Assess by then, use it to find out its weakness and then exploit it to stagger it quicker. Use Cloud’s Punisher stance so you can block and counter its melee attacks and then use your Abilities. Don’t forget to switch and use Tifa because she’s a fast and powerful fighter and has a lot of moves at her disposal.

It was a tough fight but I did manage to do it in 1 try with that strategy.

Thank you for the tips. I will do that. Reminds me, it seems I can only switch to Tifa at certain times, like when Cloud is down and with me, he's down a lot! LOL

I am still getting used to the 'X' button being the battle menu button. Accidentally hit it to attack. And I find it kinda odd I can only use a health potion when my ATB allows it, yet out of battles, I can use items whenever.

Update: Repped for the help, thanks. Yeah, Battle Assessment helped. Used the blizzard ability and he went down next battle. But yeah, he was tough. Glad the game isn't too easy, though.

Last edited:
Just started Chapter 4. Definitely past the learning curve. Really enjoying the game. Curious as to who these specters types are......

I am going to have to definitely play the original when done with this remake. I see there is an updated original on Xbox, so that's awesome.

Last edited:
Just got my copy...going to finish some other games before I move onto this. I heard they added a lot.

Did Nomura mess another series up again? :lol

No Nomura certainly did not! He created an epic retelling of final fantasy 7 that blows the original out of the water. I just beat it and am in awe of how damn good it was.

Got the deluxe on amazon ordered last year they actually gave a coupon for it so deluxe was same price as regular. Mine arrived Sunday.

It's back up on gamestop again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Awesome, it's still available! Thank you!

Looking more into it, I was under the impression that this game was at least half of the complete game - now I've learned that this about 10-15% of the game?! I already felt disgusted at the thought of dropping $120 - $160 for the complete game (if split in halves) but I don't think I could pay up for 3 or more "episodes."

Looking more into it, I was under the impression that this game was at least half of the complete game - now I've learned that this about 10-15% of the game?! I already felt disgusted at the thought of dropping $120 - $160 for the complete game (if split in halves) but I don't think I could pay up for 3 or more "episodes."

The reviews I've read are pretty clear that they've expanded the Midgar section into a full-length game.

So, if the original FF7 took you 70 hours, it's not like you're paying $60 for a game that will take you 10 hours to complete. Current estimates say it takes 30 hours to do the main story, and an additional 15 hours to do everything.

Having said all that, I'm going to wait to buy Part 1 until either, we get a release dates for Part 2 or it drops on PC/Xbox.

Wow, I'm very impressed at how Square are squeezing out every penny for this remake hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just played FFXV for a few hours today. I haven't played any FF games since FFXII, and I don't remember much about that one. Does the FF7 play like FFXV?

I just hold down RB and B/O and it just auto-attacks. Casting spells is more like throwing a bomb. Plays more like Devil May Cry and the more action-oriented games.

It is more action oriented but not a auto-battler like XV (unless you turn on the mode where all you do is assign abilties).

Spells are not dog**** like XV though. XV's spells were just detrimental to your own team, useless.

Back