Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday, Les!
Today more than any other day you should be making things for yourself.
Besides, your refining your already amazing skills will only make our future commissions that much better!!! (evil laughter).

As a special birthday bonus, everyone you ran over today counts for double points!!!
bikeaccident.jpg

:)

And for what it's worth, I share this birthday with, of all people, Michael Jackson, yesh, THAT Michael Jackson :monkey4, and also, strangely enough, John McCain. Who woulda thunk it?
Sir Richard Attenborogh too, of Jurassic Park old park owner guy, and Ghandi directing fame, so that one makes me proud. :D

Hey! You share a B-day with ME, too! :whip
That was really cool to read. :D

HAPPY B-DAY TO US!

Hi Les. I'm sorry I missed your birthday. It's been a really busy few days. Hurricane Gustav is bearing down on us here in southeastern Louisiana! Just after the three year anniversary for Hurricane Katrina that was on August 29, we have ANOTHER major hurricane coming our way again! This Gustav looks to be as big if not bigger than Katrina was! :horror It is now a "category 4" hurricane as it enters the Gulf Of Mexico. My family is driving to Atlanta, GA in a few hours. My prayers go with them. I cannot. I have to stay behind here in Slidell, now that I am a "public servant" as a Communications/Dispatchng officer with the Slidell Police Department. This is the very first hurricane in my life I've ever had to stay and "ride it out"! This will definitely be one for the books. And, not in a good way. I fear about losing my beloved figures. I've got one day left, Sunday, to pack them up and put them high and dry and pray for the best. My most important things in my life...my wife and daughter will be out of harm's way. So that is a relief to me. They're traveling with my wife's parents, our two dogs, and cat.

I'm sorry to go off on that length Les about our situation. I hope you had a great birthday my friend! I love the Liam Neeson Ducard, Two-Face, and of course your Heath Ledger Joker! Awesome work as usual! :D

I share my birthday, on April 3, with actor Eddie Murphy amoung some other celebrities I can't recall at 1:00am. :confused:

Well, I gotta get a few hours sleep before I send off my family to get out of here and head for Atlanta at 5:00am.

Please say a prayer for them for a safe trip there, and pray for my safety here Les. I'll be staying at the police station, and a local National Guard fort for a few days. Hopefully Hurricane Gustav won't devastate our area....like Katrina did. But as they say in Star Wars...."I've got a bad feeling about this"! :(

"VBR" Les,

Mike Buckley

Wow Mike. YOU take care buddy! Nothing I go through compares to what you guys there have been through, and are facing again. August 29th was Katrina. I remember. My birthday then to, to the day! This go round, here we go again!
You just take care and be careful Mike. I wish you could ship your stuff to me, and I would take care of it until the storm passes, but I doubt now, you could. Just take care of YOU! You matter way more than stuff. Those can be replaced. And at least your Superman is safe for now.

Hope your family gets away ok, and you can reach and hear from them. Being you are in law enforcement now, maybe you will have access to communications that will allow for that.

Hang tight my friend! Prayers and thoughts are with you all there in Louisiana.

As for me, back at the bench. Seems everyone I know wanted to come spend time with me the last two days! :lol An old buddy came by and took me out for dinner last night and we caught up. It was fun. So I had an extended birthday as it were.
Enough break though! Not with all this work to do!

Just know I appreciate all you guys and your kind words. And now, let's think of our good friend Mike, and others that live within landfall of Gustav, because that is our number one worry now.

Godspeed to those getting out of harm's way, and know I am thinking of you all. And if you come through lil ole Waycross on your way to somewhere, drop by for a visit.

Til next post,
Les

Hi Les. I'm sorry I missed your birthday. It's been a really busy few days. Hurricane Gustav is bearing down on us here in southeastern Louisiana! Just after the three year anniversary for Hurricane Katrina that was on August 29, we have ANOTHER major hurricane coming our way again! This Gustav looks to be as big if not bigger than Katrina was! :horror It is now a "category 4" hurricane as it enters the Gulf Of Mexico. My family is driving to Atlanta, GA in a few hours. My prayers go with them. I cannot. I have to stay behind here in Slidell, now that I am a "public servant" as a Communications/Dispatchng officer with the Slidell Police Department. This is the very first hurricane in my life I've ever had to stay and "ride it out"! This will definitely be one for the books. And, not in a good way. I fear about losing my beloved figures. I've got one day left, Sunday, to pack them up and put them high and dry and pray for the best. My most important things in my life...my wife and daughter will be out of harm's way. So that is a relief to me. They're traveling with my wife's parents, our two dogs, and cat.

I'm sorry to go off on that length Les about our situation. I hope you had a great birthday my friend! I love the Liam Neeson Ducard, Two-Face, and of course your Heath Ledger Joker! Awesome work as usual! :D

I share my birthday, on April 3, with actor Eddie Murphy amoung some other celebrities I can't recall at 1:00am. :confused:

Well, I gotta get a few hours sleep before I send off my family to get out of here and head for Atlanta at 5:00am.

Please say a prayer for them for a safe trip there, and pray for my safety here Les. I'll be staying at the police station, and a local National Guard fort for a few days. Hopefully Hurricane Gustav won't devastate our area....like Katrina did. But as they say in Star Wars...."I've got a bad feeling about this"! :(

"VBR" Les,

Mike Buckley

My thoughts and prayers are with you too Mike. I am in Houston, so if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Always glad to help out fellow board members!:banana
Please be careful and I am glad that your family and pets are out of harm's way now.

Ducard & Two-Face look EXCELLENT!

and to Mike: Be safe my friend. I know exactly what you're going through as I went through it with Katrina too. I almost died in it and it's something I'll never forget.

We just have to be prepared, be smart & very careful. I'm not sure how bad it'll get for us, but I won't be taking any chances this time around, I can tell you that.

Ah, you desereved that break Les. It was your birthday afterall.

"You can't do everything you know, your not Batman." -Aunt May ;)

My thoughts and prayers are with you too Mike. I am in Houston, so if there is anything I can do to help let me know. Always glad to help out fellow board members!:banana
Please be careful and I am glad that your family and pets are out of harm's way now.

Thanks guys. I'm preparing for my early morning call to be at work at 6:00am. My family got off okay very early this morning at 6:00am headed for Cartersville, GA. I just spoke to my wife on the phone, and they're going through Alabama now...slowly. The "contraflow" for traffic worked pretty well within Louisiana, but once you're in another state it stops. We're as prepared as we're going to get now. We put the furniture up as high as we could on top of cinder blocks last night. Hopefully if there's water in the house here, the furniture or the two computer (mine and my father-in-law's) won't be ruined. I packed up all of my 12" or 1:6 scale figures in boxes and put them up high on shelves in closets and shut them in. Hopefully they'll be fine. But yeah, human life is much more important! I always tell my little girl she's the most important thing in my life. It was hard saying goodbye to her, but I know she'll be safe. There are rain bands coming across our area now. But at least for now we're within a dry spell between the rain. We've still got electricity...so far. Gustav looks like it's traveling more west then north, rather than just north-west for now. So most of the bad heavy rain is staying over Gulf Of Mexico water for now. Please guys keep all of us down here in your thoughts and prayers. :angelsmil Katrina was really bad, and they've predicted all this week that Gustav would be even worse! But for now, so far so good. It's not supposed to make landfall until early Tuesday morning.

Thanks again guys. I appreciate it! I'm glad you're still with us Jeff ("die"). Katrina was the last hurricane that I got to evacuate from. I'm glad you got out for Gustav my friend. Doing any new customs lately? Let me know. Thanks! :D

Thanks Hicks.

And belated happy co-birthday Sweeny and LostAddict! :rock

TRUST me when I say a FIGUREMASTER LES CUSTOM Headsculpt is WORTH waiting for!!!! Got my FUTURE KYLE REESE w/chin scar headsculpt and let me say that it has made my Hot Toys Kyle Reese FREAKIN STAND OUT IN MY TERMINATOR collection:rock:rock:rock Thanks Les , it is an honor bro to have it in my collection. :D

Sorry about the no so good 1st picture. The 2nd pic is from Les and shows the incredible detail in the face!!! Need I say more? OK... Les you ROCK BRO !!!!!!

user4018_pic578_1219099563.jpg

Reese005.jpg

Meant to come back and respond to this one. Thanks AR. You really honor me with this. So glad it was worth the wait for you. :bow

And again, thanks for the well wishes guys. And yeah, you take care, Mike. You and Die and all you folks out there. With you in spirit and prayers.

Les

More to come soon!

Quick mid-term update...

Version one, or Pencil Trick head for my Joker head versions, that I worked up between other works this weekend so I would have something to show for my own series of Jokers.

Two things to note, I am offering the added hair to all heads unless you specifically do not want it.
I am also working on variants on that, the texture and look of it for both the Party, and Interrogation versions, as this one is closest to the Pencil Trick makeup but might get more dirtied yet for other variations. This was my first test with the new hair.

This is also the first post movie paint of this head I have actually had time to do, (second paint on it since my original custom figure that has been pretty well documented around here thanks to MaulFan's awesome photos) I have the other variants coming within the next couple of days, so hang tight for those also.

This is the head shown displayed on my own Hot Toys Joker as is. No amendments made other than the head which is mounted on a type B adaptor and placed. Note the hunch look to him now. Much more pronounced even than my custom.

JokeRedo001.jpg

JokeRedo003.jpg

JokeRedo006.jpg

JokeRedo007.jpg

JokeRedo005.jpg

And some lower views on a shelf to see it in different lighting

JokeRedo009.jpg

JokeRedo010.jpg

The hair is a newer and much nicer and finer kind than I used on my original custom one, and I can do much more with it.
I will try some messier and dirtier looks with it for the interrogation head and maybe the Party one some also. Just seeing how you like it for now.

I just want to say Les that your custom Joker is the best Joker I have seen and I doubt it could be topped. It even tops the Hot toys V1 with the bank robber head. Fantasic work. :google

Holy crap, man :lol

There's several of those shots that just look totally real. I've been working on my own custom Joker for quite awhile now, trying to get things just right, so I can seriously appreciate what you've done here.

If you can work with the hair some to make it a little slicker and thinner on the right & have more volume & curls on the bottom, it'll be perfect.

You're the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back