Figure Cleaning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys, makes for a nice work environment that's for sure :) That's an elliptical trainer/ cross-trainer, when I've finished work for the day I hop onto it before heading home. If I'm still checking out my toys 10 minutes into my workout, I know I'm doing it wrong :lol

Thanks so much for all the advise and suggestions guys. After pondering about it last night i finally caved and got myself a detolf. Added some LED strips and weather sealed the gaps. I used a fibre seal though to still let some air in minus the dust (hopefully). Thanks again guys!! :-D

P.s. as for the cleaning, the microfibre cloth and lens brush work well, thanks! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:
I have a combination of an Expedit-style cabinet with clear acrylic fastened to both open sides to keep dust out; and a couple of clear acrylic boxes on floating shelves:

11_zps03dc8d9c.jpg

Superb :D where did you get the clear boxes and how much?

Acrylic cases are a great idea! Ill have to look around and see if I can find em.

The datavacs look pretty cool but I can only seem to find them on US sites, meaning theyre 110v power supply and not 240v :-( I see you live in the UK though, did you get yours online? All the smaller air compressors I could find are 12v for car use lol

Yeah bought mine off the uk amazon site where it has been adapted for the supply. Working/hasn't blown up so far. Not sure if you use the same 3 pin plugs down under but even if you do shipping would be prohibitive as its heavy. If you can find a local supplier like I have I can recommend as it really is powerful. That's probably my only caution...get it to close and a hot toy etc would fall over. In my case I don't use on bishoujo unless holding them in hand.

Thanks so much for all the advise and suggestions guys. After pondering about it last night i finally caved and got myself a detolf. Added some LED strips and weather sealed the gaps. I used a fibre seal though to still let some air in minus the dust (hopefully). Thanks again guys!! :-D

P.s. as for the cleaning, the microfibre cloth and lens brush work well, thanks! :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That was quick! :clap

I actually am very interested in this myself.. Just dusting it off with microfiber cloths work, but it makes me forced to repose the figures again which often can be sort of a hassle (like Bane holding the broken batcowl, a huge pain in the *** to get it to stay in his hand).

Does compressed air clean just as efficiently as a cloth?

Personally think you need a soft brush to raise the dust and the air then blows it away from settling again on the statue. To stop the redistributed dust ending eventually back on the collection I use a dyson dusting attachment for flat surfaces around the statues

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I just use a blower brush on figures & statues. Takes a bit of time, but it works just fine. Compressed air doesn't get the fine dust off anything except the fabric.

Back