FF Bust-o-Rama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Well, I caved and got myself one. #029/550 showed up today. My new record for the lowest number received directly from Sideshow! And on a second chance item, too!! Very happy to have ended up with one of these after all.
Dang, you lucky cuss! I ordered on day one, and I didn't get anywhere near that low of a number. But mine has to go back anyway (bad paint scuff on the front), so maybe I'll get luckier with my replacement.

I ordered as soon as it went up, then cancelled when I decided I had to quit the Marvel line. Then I regretted it after seeing pictures and ordered again when it was up for a second chance in last week's newsletter. I'm glad I did--not just because of the low number. It's a really great piece and the exclusive beats the tar out of the regular. So I guess this will be the lone Marvel item in my collection now--just barely squeaking by because it isn't too big. (I loved the VS. dioramas, but they were space hogs.)

tomandshell said:
...they were space hogs.

You mean like this? :D

PigsInSpace.jpg

I just received my FF diorama today (181 exclusive edition) and it's incredible. I was getting scared when I read some of the posts by other members who weren't happy with it but once again this is a piece that you have to hold in your hands and see to understand its greatness. The translucent Sue is the way to go with this piece. The Four are going to look Fantastic in front of my Exclusive PF Doctor Doom. Great Job Sideshow. Another home run.

I really think you gotta see this piece in person before you make a decision. It's very impressive in person. The size is just right. Not too small or too big. Big enough to show plenty of detail. If your local comic shop has it on display I suggest you take a look for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Just got mine today and wow...I really like it! But it is back-heavy like others have mentioned. I'm definitely scared it'll tip backwards. Reed also doesn't go in all the way. Is this a reason to send it back? I can still get Johnny in without problem though. What do you guys think?

My Reed definitely took some convincing to go in, but with a little wiggling it finally went in place.

Has anybody come up with a solution for the insecure foothold on this thing? I don't want it to fall over.

tomandshell said:
My Reed definitely took some convincing to go in, but with a little wiggling it finally went in place.

Has anybody come up with a solution for the insecure foothold on this thing? I don't want it to fall over.

This thing is pretty well balanced, once you set it down with all the pieces in place it ain't going anywhere. I have it on top of my Entertainment Center which is about 5' high and I'm not at all concerned.

this thing looks awesome, and if it wasn't for you guys on the board, I wouldn't have even considered buying it!

get mine from sideshow on wednesday of this week. :D

got my exclusive today....number 21:chew ...this dio is friggin awesome
especially with the semi see through invisible girl.

can't wait for the next bust dio now and bust vs and vs statue.

sideshow are in a league of there own when it come to marvel collectables

all hail gore group:bow

the Doctor said:

awesome. pics?

the Doctor said:

This was actually sculpted by Pablo who is no longer with the Gore Group. I hope to have mine tomorrow or Thursday.

Reinhardt said:
this thing looks awesome, and if it wasn't for you guys on the board, I wouldn't have even considered buying it!

get mine from sideshow on wednesday of this week. :D

here you go.

I believe, Pablo still sculpts for Sideshow as a freelance individual sculptor, he's just not a part of the Gore group any longer.

Reinhardt said:
excellent doctor! mine is on the fedex "out for delivery" truck as we speak! can't wait to receive it.

im sure you'll love it as i do.congrats on your great taste in marvel collectables:chew

Back