Fast Stock vs Normal Stock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Mule

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, like I noob, one 'easy' question: which is the difference?
I read that Fast Stock is dispatched earlier than normal stock, but there's another point: it seems like Fast Stock has a better color, with higher quality. Is this true? I read it on enterbay's italian seller's site, and I'm wondering if it's just a strategy to sell Fast Stock versions at higher prices.

Serious question?
Well, I'll say what I read.

The Fast Stock version is the first one printed in Hong Kong, that comes out 1-2 months earlier than the Normal Stock (which is the second print for american/european market).
The Fast Stock usually has some gadgets, like the bag or some papers and so on.
This is almost it, the Fast Stock version also has a silver holo mark since, I don't remember, 2010. They put it on some Spiderman figure first, if I remember right.

My question was: I 'heard' that the Fast Stock also has a better colors and higher quality, is it true?

What are you even talking about? :lol

HT?

Sideshow?

Mondo?

:dunno

Nothing is referred to as "fast stock" or "normal stock" here as far as I am aware. Some ebay sellers just make up crap sometimes.

The fast stock I know of is referred by Goodshipped. On his terms its nothing more than the first batch released for sale over the official retailer eg Toy hunter for HT and Enterbay store for EB. Thats it, the normal stock is the wholesale batches which ship to their official distributors/retailers some weeks after...

The so called exclusive stuff is NOT a necessary thing, the first batch ususally comes with shopping bags simply because they were for sale over the official counter like I said, and as for that paint/colour issue is utter crap. Logically if there are issues in the first batch chances are if the issue is recognised and alterted the later batches correct it...

Ignore Axe's plausible response. When it comes to a choice between fast stock and normal stock, you go with the fast stock every time.

Ah, yeah, right, of course :D

So all the color thing is crap? I read it on a serious (i suppose?) collector's site, a guy who is the italian official seller for Enterbay

Ah, yeah, right, of course :D

So all the color thing is crap? I read it on a serious (i suppose?) collector's site, a guy who is the italian official seller for Enterbay

Ok i know what you are talking about.

For example.. Enterbay just a few weeks ago participated in Anime-Comic Convention in Hong Kong.

At the exhibition, they have their 1/4 Batman and Joker for sale. Maybe around 500 pieces each. After they sold out, they take pre-orders for the shipments arriving in September.

So your FAST STOCK... is i think people selling the shipments that are on hand. Slow stock is the shipment waiting to be released in September.

Generally, here they call it "batches", 1st batch, 2nd batch. Usually 1st batch is poorest. The final batch is best because if there are any problems with batch 1, they have time to correct it by batch 4-5.

Why is 1st batch still more expensive? Because people like to have it right away... no waiting... i pay now i want now. Not wait 5 months to arrive. But first batch being the best paint is usually not true in my opinion.

The fast stock I know of is referred by Goodshipped. On his terms its nothing more than the first batch released for sale over the official retailer eg Toy hunter for HT and Enterbay store for EB. Thats it, the normal stock is the wholesale batches which ship to their official distributors/retailers some weeks after...

The so called exclusive stuff is NOT a necessary thing, the first batch ususally comes with shopping bags simply because they were for sale over the official counter like I said, and as for that paint/colour issue is utter crap. Logically if there are issues in the first batch chances are if the issue is recognised and alterted the later batches correct it...

Well said Axe, speaking of Goodshipped, I avoid him like the plague. Never pre-order from him. He advertises saying he will ship as soon as released but he doesn't. He scalps as much cash out of first and second batches as he can. You will be left waiting a long time. Unless you want to pay him a crazy amount of money for one of his "instock" items.

One thing I'm afraid I don't agree with though Axe, is that the second and third batches are better and fix problems with previous batches. I've seen the opposite be true several times, especially with EB. No real rule of thumb there. Infact sometimes more care and attention is given to first batches.

Well said Axe, speaking of Goodshipped, I avoid him like the plague. Never pre-order from him. He advertises saying he will ship as soon as released but he doesn't. He scalps as much cash out of first and second batches as he can. You will be left waiting a long time. Unless you want to pay him a crazy amount of money for one of his "instock" items.
My experience with him has been opposite, probably because I never preorder anything on Ebay. Since Ive bought stuff from him much later from release date, Im an old customer. Therfore the first time I bought a fast stock, I got it at nothing more than a $20 more than what EB was offering for it... and I took EMS so I though he was extremely reasonable for me. He sold me Che for $210 EMS shipped which I think is an awesome price...
I had the figure in hand within 3 days of paying for it, and he had it the day after it came in the shop

One thing I'm afraid I don't agree with though Axe, is that the second and third batches are better and fix problems with previous batches. I've seen the opposite be true several times, especially with EB. No real rule of thumb there. Infact sometimes more care and attention is given to first batches.

I've never pre-ordered on Ebay, and I never will, with the exception of a Mondo print and that almost became a bad experience. I have used Goodshipped a number of times for extra costume pieces for Jack Sparrow (I want to make a crew for him) and he's always been A+.

Last edited:
Yes he's absolutely fine for instock items. Not for "fast stock/normal stock" BS. I have pre-ordered on eBay for years, with only one real problem. Leo from Goodshipped however sold many items on pre-order listing them as "shipped as soon as released" only to leave people waiting months, yes months for their orders. Whilst he sold his first batch items for silly prices. I know several other board members had similar issues with him.

He made up this ridiculous fast stock, normal stock bollox. Afterwards.

I had been ordering from him for years, but never again. There are some highly trust worthy sellers out there, who have a fair business practice and honest interaction. So it's a pity people like Leo tarnish others reputations.

I've used GoodShipped for years. I've never had a problem & he's normally always one of cheapest for Pre-ordering figures & that's what is most important for me & that they turn up mint as well of course.

I'd just like to point out, as others have said, that more often than not, it is this "fast stock" first shipment stuff that often determines what the failed QC issues are for the rest of us. Food for thought. :lol

Last edited:
I'd just like to point out, as others have said, that more often than not, it is this "fast stock" first shipment stuff that often determines what the failed QC issues are for the rest of us. Food for thought. :lol

Wait, re-write in a user friendly language, my english is quite average :panic:

what Nam is saying:

usually with the the 1st batch of figures, there are some quality control issues that can happen. For ex: IM2 MK VI(or MK IV? I can't remember) chest plate was not fitting on properly, or the infamous Hot Toys Batman DX 02 leaky abs.

Ah, I see, seems reasonable. Not really a concern for me being italian, here's the figures often arrive later and so on, so... but I was really curious about this difference (I just purchased a VIP Mark II Unleashed for 230$, and it's a 'Fast stock', but I couldn't understand what was different).

Wait, re-write in a user friendly language, my english is quite average :panic:

Ah, I see, seems reasonable. Not really a concern for me being italian, here's the figures often arrive later and so on, so... but I was really curious about this difference (I just purchased a VIP Mark II Unleashed for 230$, and it's a 'Fast stock', but I couldn't understand what was different).

Yes, basically what happens is with the first release or the "fast stock," Hot Toys has yet to discover any quality control issues the release might have. We as a community usually wait until this first "batch" is released to see what issues figures will have. While not every release has quality control issues, it has proven a successful strategy for those which have had some.

Back