Fantastic Four reboot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catg_cute_cat_gif_8.gif

catg_cute_cat_gif_6.gif

catg_cute_cat_gif_2.gif

COMICS: Marvel's Plans To Cancel FANTASTIC FOUR Ahead Of New Movie Release Confirmed

When it was first reported that Marvel would cancel Fantastic Four next year I was sceptical. After all, it made no sense! A movie featuring the characters would surely help increase sales (especially as the publisher have a habit of launching a new #1 each time a film based on one of their properties is released), but Disney's highest single shareholder and Marvel CEO Isaac Perlmutter doesn't see it that way. According to Bleeding Cool, he's so angry with Fox over previous negotiations about the movie's rights - possibly when Marvel Studios offered to allow them to keep Daredevil in exchange for Galactus and the Silver Surfer - that he would rather cancel the comic book series and scrap merchandise and licenses to avoid promoting Josh Trank's upcoming reboot in any way. Why not do the same to Spider-Man and the X-Men? Well, Marvel own the merchandise to the former and the latter simply sell too well, though you'll be hard pressed to find much in the way of action figures or collectibles for the mutant characters these days.

The Fantastic Four though isn't a big seller. It certainly does better than the majority of titles on the verge of cancellation. Of course, those love sales likely aren't helped by Mondo being forbidden to use the characters on any of their posters and Diamond Select Toys being banned from making any Fantastic Four action figures. Anyway, Bleeding Cool have come across a solicitation which confirms that the book will indeed be ending around next April (months before the release of The Fantastic Four in theaters) with James Robinson and Leonard Kirk's Fantastic Four: The End Is Fourever.

THE END IS FOUREVER! Witness the closing act on the First Family of the Marvel Universe! THE INVADERS meet the FANTASTIC FOUR as the hunt for REED RICHARDS and the missing kids of the FUTURE FOUNDATION continues. Meanwhile the mastermind behind everything unveils his ultimate plan. But how does FRANKLIN RICHARDS factor in? And how does this all lead to…The END?! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR #642-644 and the Triple Sized Final Issue 645!

Read more at COMICS: Marvel’s Plans To Cancel FANTASTIC FOUR Ahead Of New Movie Release Confirmed

I hope Marvel keeps this up, all it’s going to do is make Fox look like the good guys, and Marvel look like greedy money hungry suits.

I don't see how doing whatever it takes to get your own property back greedy, but that's just me.

It’s not their property though, thats the point, the movie rights belong to Fox, it’s not like Fox obtained the film license by extorting Marvel or something. It shows Marvel cares more about money than their fans. It’s not like Marvel even needs the FF back, they can make close to a billion dollars with every character they have right now, which is why I think they’re greedy.

:lol

Hopefully Fox lets the rights revert back to Marvel/Disney someday soon and then they'll produce a good movie.

Have faith, I think this movie is going to be a sleeper hit.

Yeah, read the article....IF this happens, I'd be shocked. And IF it does go down, I'm hoping that much more for Sony to hold onto Spider-Man.

I'm glad Marvel Studios doesn't have X-Men, but I think FF and Spider-Man would be right up their alley. But what EF says is right. Comics and toys are going to have very little bearing on how well these movies do. It works the other way, in that comics and toys get bumps in sales from movies. It feels to me like Marvel may be doing this more out of spite than as a genuine business strategy, but good luck to them. I don't read modern comics anyway so this doesn't really bother me.

Back