Fantastic Four - November 6, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually never have an issue with superhero casting announcements... but have to agree this one doesn't make any sense at all. Unless they're planning to just completely change Reed's personality and character.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t change Mandalorian for nothing his goodbye with Grogu was epic but holy crap for crying out loud can a FICTIONAL white man just be allowed to be a white man I promise that the world will not end if a white man can play Reed Richards and Nick Fury sheesh lol

Blade and Black Panther black men.

Reed Richards and Nick Fury white men.

Deal….DEAL!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t change Mandalorian for nothing his goodbye with Grogu was epic but holy crap for crying out loud can a white man just be allowed to be a white man I promise that the world will not end if a white man can play Reed Richards and Nick Fury sheesh lol

Blade and Black Panther black men.

Reed Richards and Nick Fury white men.

Deal….DEAL!
To be fair, Sam Jacksons Fury is based on Nick Fury from The Ultimates from 2002, which is based on Sam Jackson... (queue ouroboros) :lol

And I think Pedro Pascal gets through as "white passing".

To be fair, Sam Jacksons Fury is based on Nick Fury from The Ultimates from 2002, which is based on Sam Jackson... (queue ouroboros) :lol

And I think Pedro Pascal gets through as "white passing".
I love Ultimates 1 and 2 but SLJ has done all he can do with the character time for a fresh face.

True PP isn’t dark skin but when I say white men I’m referring of the Khev variety lol

Wor-Gar as Mole Man

I had to look that up.

danny-wolverton-1.jpg

Final cast:

Bryan Cranston - Reed Richards
Anna Gunn - Sue Storm
Aaron Paul - Johnny Storm
Dean Norris - Ben Grimm
Giancarlo Esposito - Victor Von Doom
Jonathan Banks - Mole Man
Bob Odenkirk - I don’t know…um...Beyonder or something

Ke Huy Quan (Short Round) as Reed Richards

Margot Robbie as Sue Storm

Timothee Chalamet as Johnny Storme

Melissa McCarthy as Gwendolyn Grimm
Honestly, Ke Huy Quan I could have bought as Reed. OB on Loki was the smartest one in the room and explained lots of complex information in a way that sounded like he knew exactly what he was saying. He was probably my favorite part of season 2.

I do think the main aspect of Reed that needs to be considered is someone believably very intelligent. Most Hollywood stars don’t typically exude extreme intelligence (I don’t mean that insultingly). I’m not even sure JK fit that bill as his Reed was quickly dispatched. He’s acceptable but still not my first choice. An unknown might be best.

I don't know if Mark Ruffalo or Robert Downey Jr were all that believably intelligent either.

Pedro just seems like he has been cast because he's the hot thing right now. They also see he is popular with the Zoomers and their "daddy" obsession with him. So I can see this being a popular casting choice for them.

Jeez remember when dudes on here defended fant 4 stic? Just for the sheer fact that it was outside of marvel. I questioned some of their enjoyment. Liking a crap movie that crapped all over the characters just cause it’s not Disney made is silly

Back