Family Guy: Blue Harvest - 9/23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed last night's episode but it could have been improved in my opinion. I still think the Robot Chicken episode was much better.

Wow, tough crowd. While I agree that it dragged in a couple of parts and the dance number was extremely lame, I thought overall it was hillarious. I'm really surprised that more people didn't enjoy the show, but then again I've never watched Family Guy before so maybe my expectations are different than others.

Wow, tough crowd. While I agree that it dragged in a couple of parts and the dance number was extremely lame, I thought overall it was hillarious. I'm really surprised that more people didn't enjoy the show, but then again I've never watched Family Guy before so maybe my expectations are different than others.

I think that's what we're seeing here. This was a lot of people's first time watching Family Guy and they won't catch the hundreds of little things that were in this episode. Others downright loathe the show for some reason and have a negative attitude going in.

I've been a FG fan since it was first on the air and it's still one of the few shows I watch whenever I can. This was by far the greatest episode ever and I can't wait to watch it again tonight.

I loved it!!

Red October and the Griswolds were my favorite parts.

:)

You guys need to re-watch it... there are lot of little in-jokes in the background! For instance, how many of your caught Coach McGuirk from "Home Movies" in the cantina sequence? There are many more... maybe that was part of the problem, they were too subtle...

You guys need to re-watch it... there are lot of little in-jokes in the background! For instance, how many of your caught Coach McGuirk from "Home Movies" in the cantina sequence? There are many more... maybe that was part of the problem, they were too subtle...

Did anyone else see Roger from American Dad in the Cantina

Hey Shropt, you were right. McFarlane is palpatine.

https://imdb.com/title/tt1020990/

IMDB is wrong. Breckin Meyer is the voice of Palpatine on ROBOT CHICKEN. He even did it during the panel at Celebration IV and they explained that many of the jokes in that infamous skit (i.e., "What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon??") were ad-libbed by Meyer when they first created the skit.

Seth Macfarlane does do a lot of work on RC, though, including stuff on the SW special (he may have been Palpatine in one of the skits on that one, I guess).

I watched it and fortunately DVR'd it so I'll watch it again. I'm a big Family Guy fan and it was good. There were some funny parts and some parts that got old (like the couch bit). I enjoyed the subtleties as well.

When Lois (Leia) was programming Cleveland (R2) did anyone notice the red circle in the background that looked like the XBox 360 power button. Was that a shot at the 360 or just a coincidence?

The more we discuss this, the more I remember from it and there was a LOT of jokes and funny moments packed into the show. The reason it seems lackluster though is that for the most part, people were not their usual Family Guy character and more dominantly the Star Wars character. For instance, Brian as Chewie was still the counterpoint to Peter like normal, but he really wasn't Brian, he didn't womanize or drink heavily, in fact the only part that really seemed Brian like was when he did the Chewie growl and they made it into him working up a gargle before going on the mission. To me, that's where the punch was, the jokes were more Star Wars oriented and were very subtle, where Robot Chicken was a No-Holds-Barred joke fest that didn't hold back on mocking Star Wars, like the ice dancing, which was hillarious but very departed from telling the Star Wars story. In a way, I'm glad this special didn't use many jokes like Family Guy usually does with Star Wars because it means all the rediculous stuff can still pop up here and there in normal episode instead of being overdun in the hour special. I still love the reenactment of the ANH end ceremony when Peter went blind and rescued the bartender from the fire at the Drunken Clam, that was hillarious.

IMDB is wrong. Breckin Meyer is the voice of Palpatine on ROBOT CHICKEN. He even did it during the panel at Celebration IV and they explained that many of the jokes in that infamous skit (i.e., "What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon??") were ad-libbed by Meyer when they first created the skit.

Seth Macfarlane does do a lot of work on RC, though, including stuff on the SW special (he may have been Palpatine in one of the skits on that one, I guess).

What he [bleep] was your post about Irish? You made your point and then negated it in one sentence. :lol

This episode was good....not great. The SDCC footage ruined it a bit because there was so much there and there was a lot cut that didn't make it into the actual episode. One part that was unexpected but had me laughing was the conversation between Peter and Chris about the Robot Chicken episode.....

ACME is now releasing this as a 13" x 19" Lithograph through StarWarsShop.

fgsw.jpg

Product Page

saw this for the first time here in the UK the other night. I absolutely loved it... it was incredible the parts without dialogue where it was just music and action or a scene, how much it 'felt' like star wars. Goes to show how much they rely on the visuals and music to create atmosphere.

I'm going to watch it again over the weekend, want to catch any injokes that I missed. But Jane said there was this constant low giggle sound coming from me while I was watching it, punctuated by deafening laughter.... so I guess I enjoyed it ;)

"What the Phantom Menace is that guy's problem?!" :lol

love it

Back