Family Guy: Blue Harvest - 9/23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd never seen an episode of Family Guy before tonight, but I thought this episode was pretty funny. I don't know if it was quite as good as the Robot Chicken special, but it was pretty close. When the mini-Vader walked in at the beginning I was on the floor, but the best line was when Luke was breaking Leia out of the detention block: "well then stay here and rot, b!tch". :D

Oh my god, I'm watching it now, just started, on the old DVR. This has to be the absolute Best Episode of anything funny at all ever. I'm up to the Jawa's. Cleveand as R2 is awesome. Glad I have on the DVR.

I agree that they got a little too caught up in the shot for shot remake mood. Too many times when nothing funny was happening, but we were looking at a well done animated version of famous Star Wars scenes. It still had funny parts but I wonder if they shouldn't have just chooped it down to a half hour and kept only the funniest parts.

I think I laughed the most at the two "Airplane" references.

In my opinion Family Guy usually goes one of two directions:

1 - Funny
2 - Have a heart attack while laughing

This episode was funny, but also really made me want to watch A New Hope again because Family Guy just reminded me of how great the Star Wars movies are.
I wish they did Empire Strikes Back next week and then Return of the Jedi in 2 weeks.
One thing I really appreciated was when they went to light speed and Han was like "You see a lot of weird stuff in light speed" and they showed the opening to Dr. Who and even got to the point of showing the visage of Tom Baker, favorite Doctor by the way.

Whether Robot Chicken was better than Family Guy I can't say but I can say that both specials were a nice tribute to the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars.

Never been a fan of Family Guy - still not. I really wish they hadn't used the real music - kind of ruins it.

The funniest part was when they were dissing Robot Chicken.

Knowing Seth Mcfarlans sense of humor, I thought the jab at robot chicken was more a Jab at the fox network. Could be wrong though.

I think summed up, Family Guy is like this:

Regular Episodes - Tell the Family Guy story, how can we work in Star Wars jokes.

Star Wars Special - Tell the Star Wars story, how can we work in Family Guy jokes.

What I really wonder is how much a hand LFL had in content that did or didn't make it in. For something baring the Star Wars theme, this was a very adult oriented program. I wonder if getting LFL behind it required it to be so true to the film story. I really loved the text in the title crawl, that and National Lampoon's Vacation reference during the Death Star battle was great.

I really loved the text in the title crawl, that and National Lampoon's Vacation reference during the Death Star battle was great.

That was really Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo doing the voices.

You know what was funny was that Mark Hamill was not in the show and he is almost a regular on Family Guy.

LOVED IT!!!

Glad I DVR'd it. If I can tear myself away from Halo long enough, I'll probably watch it a few more times this week.

I loved this episode. I really liked that it was a retelling of Star Wars and not just a make fun of Star Wars thing.

Best scenes:

Robot Chicken discussion
Greedo part
Peter singing along with the music while firing at the TIE fighter
And R2-D2 rocked!!

Worst scene was easily the dance number. Does every Family Guy episode need to have a horrible dance number now? WTF?

Oh and needed more Stewie!

I watched the Robot Chicken special the other day and it was awesome!!!

From the reactions Ive read here, it sounds like Blue Harvet was a bit too clinical. I cant wait to see this though, Star Wars sketches are always hilarious in Family Guy episodes.

Good point too Shropt! I f*ing hate gay dance numbers in any cartoon, but especially Family Guy.

I agree that they got a little too caught up in the shot for shot remake mood. Too many times when nothing funny was happening, but we were looking at a well done animated version of famous Star Wars scenes. It still had funny parts but I wonder if they shouldn't have just chooped it down to a half hour and kept only the funniest parts.

I think I laughed the most at the two "Airplane" references.

I so laughed at those too!

Knowing Seth Mcfarlans sense of humor, I thought the jab at robot chicken was more a Jab at the fox network. Could be wrong though.
I thought the jab at Robot Chicken was because Seth Green who voices Chris
also does Robot Chicken.

Overall I would say it wasn't too bad, it did have it's funny moments. I was hoping that they would have done something in reference about Han or Greedo shooting first.

It was the first time I actually watched an episode of the show and I enjoyed it-- especially taking the couch.:lol

I thought the jab at Robot Chicken was because Seth Green who voices Chris
also does Robot Chicken.

Seth McFarlane also has been doing voices on RC. The most recognizable are Emperor Palpatine and Liono (sp?) from Thundercats.

Back