Family Guy: Blue Harvest - 9/23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree they could have been more random like regular episodes, but in trying to stay true to showing the Star Wars story with Family Guy twist, I thought it was great.

They showed all of the best parts at Celebration IV.

Well, except for Danny Elfman getting decapitated, which may be the highlight of the whole thing for me.

Just finished it and I have to say (to me) it could have been more awesome. A lot of the episode was great, but I think they could have used more cut scene jokes (like the regular show) to make it a bit funnier.

Definitely a cool episode, but not the 2nd coming I was hoping for.

I must say that I never watched one episode of Family Guy. Not one. I watched this because all of the hype. It was almost like watching Star Wars the animated version. Thats about it. Although I did like the beginning with the golf commentary. It didn't get any better after that.

I'm surprised by the negative reactions to this, I laughed my ass off the whole time. The pedophile jokes with Herbert Kenobi were Hillarious, it was all good stuff to me. I really liked Peter and Chris breaking balls about Robot Chicken at the end.

I'm surprised by the negative reactions to this, I laughed my ass off the whole time. The pedophile jokes with Herbert Kenobi were Hillarious, it was all good stuff to me. I really liked Peter and Chris breaking balls about Robot Chicken at the end.

I don't know Maul. Maybe they just followed the movie to closely. At least that's what I thought. I actually was quite bored watching it. I have to admit though I am not much into the animated stuff. Although I will say again the beginning with the golf commentary was the best stuff in the show.

I have a very juvenile sense of humor too, so maybe it was the kid in me. I'm also a hardcore Family Guy fan, and have never not found an episode to be hillarious. My favorite things are when they do parody, like one episode opened like the beginning of the Naked Gun films and it was very fun. Everyone's got their own tastes, I sure enjoyed it.

They showed all of the best parts at Celebration IV.

Well, except for Danny Elfman getting decapitated, which may be the highlight of the whole thing for me.

That was funny!
The Williams bit was the one laugh-out-loud moment for me too...

It was a typical Family Guy show...some really funny bits along with some real duds.
(The whole Obi-Wan pedophile thing was WAY overdone, creepy and VERY unfunny...)
Interesting how slavishly they followed the look of the scenes so closely...looks like that was a lot of work.

A standard length episode of this would have been more than enough...
I got some laughs out of it but it was definitely a one-time view for me...

I loved it. It especially got points when they used the old opening to Doctor Who for the hyperspace sequence.. AND they used the Tom Baker era opening. :lol

Just finished it and I have to say (to me) it could have been more awesome. A lot of the episode was great, but I think they could have used more cut scene jokes (like the regular show) to make it a bit funnier.

Definitely a cool episode, but not the 2nd coming I was hoping for.

I have to agree... It was funny, but lacking that punch that makes the show so great. I think it was because they were following the original plot very closely. Could have been better if it were just full of star wars silliness like the Robot Chicken one.

Though I did enjoy the end with Peter and Chris talking about Robot Chicken, even funnier that Seth Green does the voice for Chris... :lol

I have to agree... It was funny, but lacking that punch that makes the show so great. I think it was because they were following the original plot very closely. Could have been better if it were just full of star wars silliness like the Robot Chicken one.

Though I did enjoy the end with Peter and Chris talking about Robot Chicken, even funnier that Seth Green does the voice for Chris... :lol

Yep I would have to agree with everything.

I mean, it was still good... and still a funny FG episode.. But not LEGENDARY as it could have been. I'd have to say that Robot Chicken did it better as far as a SW special goes. :D

Love Family Guy, unfortunately this was not even close to the laugh out loud of the usual episodes.Watto getting zapped with the lightsaber bug zapper was pretty funny though.

Here was my favorite SW spoof from the episode Barely Legal

Stewie says to Brian" OHHH...that is even a bigger jackpot than when the emperor figured out the formula for great Star Wars dialog".

Flashes to this scene

2.jpg

Emperor "something...something...something...darkside....something something..... something.... complete".

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Was hard to keep my drink from coming out my nose on that classic.

Here's a link for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzv0TqVBSD0

Last edited:

I think that nails where this may come up short to Robot Chicken. I think since regular episodes of Family Guy do more Robot Chicken-like jokes about Star Wars, such as Vader applying for a bank loan to build the Death Star, they were trying more so to basically remake A New Hope with a Family Guy twist, which is what I think they set out to do, and leave the absurd SW jokes for their random popups in episodes where you don't see it coming. One of the best random SW moments I've ever seen in FG was when a guy was at Lois' parents' house and he got dropped through a trap door in front of the house and it led to the Rancor pit, haha.

The running gag with Peter and the couch was really stupid and random, but damn if it didn't make me laugh. :lol

Yeah, the Herbert stuff was WAY overdone. I like the lightsaber bit and a couple of the one-liners but the rest was too much. I actually changed the channel during that "Time of My Life" music number. That was painful bad.

Still funny, but Robot Chicken wins the match-up.

Yeah, the Robot Chicken debate at the end was really funny. Again, I did enjoy it but I think it was too much SW and not enough Family Guy. Which isn't a terrible thing... but I think it could have been a bit more over-the-top.

I did love the work they did with the ships and of course Megs bit was funny. My fiance actually gave her a sympathetic "awe" when she popped-up out of the muck :lol

kind of what I was expecting...very 'shot for shot' kind of thing, and that never really does much for me...but they did have their moments, which is about all I count on with Family Guy nowadays.

the sneaking music was my favorite part! They got me laughing out loud there!

Trev

I forgot to watch this tonight any links to a online version out yet?

Back