Experiences with 3R/DID Military figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViperSRT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a bit of a hisory buff and have been looking for good 1/6 WWII figures for awhile. I came across this site

https://www.crossroadsdiecast.com/diddindr1.html

and I've never heard of DID figures but the detail looks exceptional especially on the German uniforms. Are they as good quality wise as they are visually? Are they worth trying out?

Thanks,

Viper

First off Ronnie at crossroadsdicast is a great guy to work with. I have approx. 30 DiD figures and 4 on preorder. They are an exceptional buy for the money. The weapons are made of wood and metal and have working parts. The head sculps improve after each issue. Some even have flocked facial hair that is correct to scale. There is anouther company that is making unbelieveable military figures with in the same price range, they are Soldier story figures.https://www.soldierstory-toys.com/. DiD's home page is; https://www.onlinedid.com/
I have incuded a few pictures. I hope this helps ViperSRT. If you have any questions drop me a line brother.
DiDMILITARYFIGURES001.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES002.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES003.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES004.jpg

Brent C., Eastern Shore of Maryland

Thanks for the input guys. Nice pics musketball those are some nice figures and thanks for the links. i'll definately have to start a little bit of a collection of these. The detail is crazy and if the weapons are made of wood and metal thats just insane. Hot Toys could learn a thing of two from that!

First off Ronnie at crossroadsdicast is a great guy to work with. I have approx. 30 DiD figures and 4 on preorder. They are an exceptional buy for the money. The weapons are made of wood and metal and have working parts. The head sculps improve after each issue. Some even have flocked facial hair that is correct to scale. There is anouther company that is making unbelieveable military figures with in the same price range, they are Soldier story figures.https://www.soldierstory-toys.com/. DiD's home page is; https://www.onlinedid.com/
I have incuded a few pictures. I hope this helps ViperSRT. If you have any questions drop me a line brother.
DiDMILITARYFIGURES001.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES002.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES003.jpg

DiDMILITARYFIGURES004.jpg

Brent C., Eastern Shore of Maryland

Is it just me? Or does the scale of Musketball's figures look freakin' HUGE next to that sofa.

Edit - Never mind...I just noticed that they are on a coffee table.:monkey3

Edit 2 - If that is a real granite coffee table as it appears to be...that is a nice table.

everyone is right. DID is a great company with high quality products. if you want great WW2 figs. mix them up with DID and Soldier Story. l have a bunch of their WW2 stuff.

Yea I've been looking at some of their products and I'm not sure what I'd like to get honestly. Funny how two of the best looking figures(As figures in terms of their uniforms) are Hitler and Himmler! I'm a big WWII buff and have studied Germany's involvment, but nice looking as they are i'm pretty sure I'd feel uncomfortable with a Hitler and Himmler figure. Soooo.....any suggestions on good starters?

Note: I saw the cluster---- that occurred during the last argument over the Hitler figures. I'm just thinking out loud nothing more.

Last edited:
Yea I've been looking at some of their products and I'm not sure what I'd like to get honestly. Funny how two of the best looking figures(As figures in terms of their uniforms) are Hitler and Himmler! I'm a big WWII buff and have studied Germany's involvment, but nice looking as they are i'm pretty sure I'd feel uncomfortable with a Hitler and Himmler figure. Soooo.....any suggestions on good starters?

Note: I saw the cluster---- that occurred during the last argument over the Hitler figures. I'm just thinking out loud nothing more.

the Hitler and Himmler figures l don't see the big deal. if someone does, well that's their opinion, no need for fighting. if you don't want a specific character make up your own German officer or what ever.

l don't buy boxed DID or Soldier Story figs, l just buy all loos parts and make my own guys. mostly i'm into the American paratroopers.

there's a great 1/6 site. www.onesixthwarriors.com that the other site l am always at. it's great for WW2 and Modern 1/6 figs.

the Hitler and Himmler figures l don't see the big deal. if someone does, well that's their opinion, no need for fighting.

I'm inclined to agree. But people automatically assume the worst and accuse. From a purely historical point of veiw I'd like to have them simply because of how well done the uniforms are. But I have to admit displaying them next to my Iron Man, Batman, and Predator Hot Toys doesn't jive too well with me so I'm probably not going to order them. That idea of making one from scratch isn't a bad idea. I'll take that into consideration.

My opinion is that Soldier Story is a tad better in detail and quality. I have several Soldier Story figure's. Their WWII figures are exceptional. The M-1 garand rifle is a work of art with the D-Day Ranger. DiD is also great because, like Soldier Story, they are loaded with gear. You have to see them to believe the detail.
SoldierStoryfigures009.jpg

SoldierStoryfigures006.jpg

SoldierStoryfigures010.jpg

SoldierStoryfigures011.jpg

Soldier Story is great also. to get technical their gear is also a little more accurate then DID. l just don't like there bodies or heads.

everyone is right. DID is a great company with high quality products. if you want great WW2 figs. mix them up with DID and Soldier Story. l have a bunch of their WW2 stuff.

:exactly:here is pic of my WWII buddies
WWII.jpg

The Cpt. Miller is a custom, head sculpt by Serang he is mixer of DiD and Soldier Story gear. The other three figures are DiD's. I am a fan boy of hot toys truetypes so when I get these figures it's an instant swap for me.

DiD FTW! I am so impressed with what they are doing at their price point. I have heard complaints about the base bodies but I haven't had any problems with them.

I have many 3r and DiD figures after being sideshow only for many years.. they are a great value for all you get in the boxes.

Yea I've noticed all of the options you get are quite extensive. Thanks for all the advise and pics guys. You got some great looking soldiers!

I'm a bit bummed about Soldier Story's tendency to make their heads too small. I had to deck out my DAK with hat and googles just so he wouldn't look like a total pinhead next to the non-SS figs. DiD Captain Miller (Hanks, Saving Private Ryan) is one of my favourite figs, 3R IJA Airborne is pretty sweet too.

Make sure you have an 'assembly kit' and a spare couple of hours when you kit these things out :)

Back