Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actual figures for Bowman & Poole were very hard to pose. I never tried to swap the bodies, but I assumed they were Phicen. Would love to get new head sculpts and new antennas for all 4 of the suits I have. If the upcoming silver suit comes with an antenna, ER should definitely offer replacement antennas.

Yep...?value? is very subjective...but as much as I LOVE 2001 there is no way that as a 1/6 collector, knowing what I pay for other pieces in my collection, I could ever justify paying $350 for just a suit with no head sculpt...and no actual body...Even if happened to be looking for something to burn money on I would not be able to do this just on general principle.

Yep...?value? is very subjective...but as much as I LOVE 2001 there is no way that as a 1/6 collector, knowing what I pay for other pieces in my collection, I could ever justify paying $350 for just a suit with no head sculpt...and no actual body...Even if happened to be looking for something to burn money on I would not be able to do this just on general principle.

I dunno - the new HT Luke Snowpseeder is a fairly close match complexity-wise to this and that's only $80 less and likely has a production run dozens of times larger. This is clearly more of a niche release.

The HT figure does come with a headsculpt and body, but a decent enough quality generic body is dirt cheap, and the HT head is a re-issue of their generic HT Luke head, so not specifically created for that release.

I dunno - the new HT Luke Snowpseeder is a fairly close match complexity-wise to this and that's only $80 less and likely has a production run dozens of times larger. This is clearly more of a niche release.

The HT figure does come with a headsculpt and body, but a decent enough quality generic body is dirt cheap, and the HT head is a re-issue of their generic HT Luke head, so not specifically created for that release.

Yep...that Luke is definitely another one that I would struggle with on general principle too!

Can anyone answer if the new release of the yellow and red suits can in fact fit a 1/6 body. Based on pictures I do not see a way to insert a body into these suits. I reached out to ER and Winston the President of ER replied and stated...

"None of the seamless bodies will fit. There are a few jointed bodies out there that may fit but I have not tried any of them."

So can anyone explain how the suits will fit a body? I missed out on the previous release and would love to display these with bodies in them for posing.

Thanks!!

The suits are largely patterned off the old Twinch Squad suits. Here's the instructions that came with those. It would be nice if ER could address what bodies will fit beforehand, since it's a rather big concern to collectors planning to buy these suits.

Twinch 2001 Instructions2.jpg

Thanks for the twinch instructions! That is helpful. Yes it would be nice for ER to release more information on these suits. The body type is a concern of mine. I asked ER the same question twice and never got a great answer. Based on the instructions I will still order and hope for the best. Hopefully more info comes out closer to release.

The suits are largely patterned off the old Twinch Squad suits. Here's the instructions that came with those. It would be nice if ER could address what bodies will fit beforehand, since it's a rather big concern to collectors planning to buy these suits.
I don't know where you heard this, but to my knowledge the pattern was researched directly from the film, not from Twinch Squad. I did part of the research myself for ER, mostly for the suit hardware, arm patch/helmet logo, and the chest box, and another fellow named Dennis Gilliam researched the suit itself. I never heard from the company president that any data was taken from Twinch.

Regardless, my best advice would be to get a body that easily comes apart at the shoulders and waist joints. Remove the arms, and separate the body at the waist. Insert the separate parts of the body into the suit, then gently snap the body joints together, then you can close up the suit. If the joints require a lot of force to snap together, you can modify the joints (Dremel grinder and/or razor knife) so they snap together a bit more easily, so you don't damage the suit when you snap the body parts together.

I don't know of any 1/6 body that easily comes apart at the waist. Can you recommend one?
The only bodies I have worked with for the past few years are the rubber seamless, but I'm sure someone else here will know.

On a sad note, the virus situation has affected my job so badly that I'm forced to sell my rare green suit in order to fix my car... CURSE YOU, eBay!!!!!! (and curse the virus, of course) This sucks.

Do anyone know if the silver suit is available for preorder anywhere in Europe? ...probably going to be way too expensive here, but worth a try.

Do anyone know if the silver suit is available for preorder anywhere in Europe? ...probably going to be way too expensive here, but worth a try.

I had a good look around April time and couldn't find any sign of it for sale from an EU source, eventually had to take the hit and buy direct from the US. Just had another look and it seems the situation is unchanged.

Can anyone answer if the new release of the yellow and red suits can in fact fit a 1/6 body. Based on pictures I do not see a way to insert a body into these suits. I reached out to ER and Winston the President of ER replied and stated...

"None of the seamless bodies will fit. There are a few jointed bodies out there that may fit but I have not tried any of them."

So can anyone explain how the suits will fit a body? I missed out on the previous release and would love to display these with bodies in them for posing.

Thanks!!

I don't know if anyone got back to you but these suits all zip open, the zipper runs from front under the crotch up the back and the figure can easily be inserted.

Does anyone know when these Clavius astronauts will be released? I pre-ordered this quite a long time ago, maybe May 2020 and it was due for release second quarter of 2020... fast forward to January 2021 and all I hear back from Executive replicas is that they know nothing. Has anyone got any info at all? It was a chunk of change lol.

I heard a couple days ago: Due to COVID, the Clavius suit will go into final production in February or March at the latest. Frustrating, but it IS coming. Also, a serious attempt at producing Moonwatcher is underway.

Back