Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like the emphasis to be more on the environments from 2001 than figures, although I would definitely buy a couple moonwatcher 2-packs (like the HT Stormtrooper 2 pack, with 2 different sized figures & accessories) or an EVA pod.

To me, the waitresses would be great, but they need a background context

I will try to urge ER to re-release Dave & Frank, but I have no idea how that will go. The virus really has messed up their timeline for production for the present, and they already have several projects on hold.

I'm sure a number of us that missed these the first time would be really happy if that could be possible. Even if it was further down the line due to the timeline and production delays of all the other items in queue. I'm sure ER would have no problem selling out on a reissue of these 2, especially if that 1/6 EVA pod came to fruition to go with them. I would have no problem waiting if it meant not having to pay scalper fees for these 2 iconic characters. 2023 is the 55th anniversary - maybe a 2-pack anniversary edition?...Just throwing it out there. :pray:

Here is a pic of the operator in pink that was referred to earlier in this thread. I personally wouldn't pick her up but it is an interesting figure for the 2001 completist, as there are really not that many character variations.

large_kubrick_2001_ce_gb_v1_open015_03109_1408131103_id_831780.jpg

Flight Attendants would be great but I would love ER to listen to the clear interest here in a Moon Watcher figure and put their energy into this first and foremost. Question should be if a Flight Attendant. 3 pack and a Moon Watcher figure with a nice back drop and some cool accessories both went up for preorder today which would sell out first...and very quickly...I think the buyers want Moon Watcher.

I communicated your wishes (and mine) to ER, and I heard back from them. They are considering it.
FlyAndFight , I suggest you buy the 1/6th scale monolith from the ER website for $299.
It's in the proper scale with the Clavius suit and Moonwatcher that will probably come.

IMG_1719.JPG

The shot above is the prototype I built.

Here's a better shot of the actual production piece to show scale with the figures.
It's much more impressive in person, believe me. Get one while you can!

https://www.executivereplicas.com/product-page/2001-a-space-odyssey-1-6th-monolith-moon-base

The Clavius suit will look SO good next to this. It's frustrating to me too that we're
going to have to take steps to have Dr. Haywood Floyd inside, but I'm working on a solution to that problem outside ER...
IMG_1771.jpg

Last edited:
Is there an interest list for this? If so I'd like to get on it - thanks.
I've mentioned it a few times, but no formal thread yet. There's no hurry, because 1) the Clavius suit is delayed due to the virus, and 2) the sculptor I'm dealing with is busy with other projects. I spoke to him, and he said he would be happy to do it- but it would have to wait for him to finish some other things. Maybe 1 and 2 will be at about the same time.

Great news on Moonwatcher.
Any thoughts on StarChild? I kinda think this is an essential.
Monolith does look good. I?m definitely considering it, but need to pick up Clavius first.
If Moonwatcher gets produced will there be a new Monolith with desert base?
So no 1/6 EVA?
I?ll still get a Stewardess if offered.

Great news on Moonwatcher.
Any thoughts on StarChild? I kinda think this is an essential.
Monolith does look good. I?m definitely considering it, but need to pick up Clavius first.
If Moonwatcher gets produced will there be a new Monolith with desert base?
So no 1/6 EVA?
I?ll still get a Stewardess if offered.
I didn't say the moonwatcher was definitely coming, but it does seem more likely now. The company is looking into it. Starchild would be great- but it would need to be a static sculpture without articulation I would think. I'll mention it to ER, but they do have a full plate at the moment, including some unexpected 2001 surprises. And by the way- I never said "no pod". Did you see the clue I typed recently?

I have been telling ER they should do an alternate African base for the monolith ever since I was hired to make the prototype. Now that moonwatcher is a possibility, I think ER will probably be open to making the Africa base-- BUT, that doesn't imply they will re-release the monolith itself. Get one while you can. And if you do, get it from their website. The price is cheaper than aftermarket, and it helps ER.

Executive Replicas sells units to retailers for a lesser wholesale cost, so the retailer makes all the profit that way. But when you buy it from ER directly, they keep the profits, which helps them pursue more projects.

Last edited:
I?d be interested in a Haywood Floyd sculpt.
Also I?m not sure that I?d pay for three stewardesses - maybe just one if the outfit looked pretty good. However I?d definitely buy a moonwatcher figure, but I imagine it would be difficult and very expensive to produce one.

Thanks very much!
I'm considering making these images a free gift for people who sign up for a Haywood Floyd head sculpt by Ulli Pekka. I haven't spoken to Ulli yet. The only way I could make a rough estimate of the cost would be to base it on the Thulsa Doom head he's doing. Those are $85 each, unpainted. I know in order to make it happen, we'll need at least (about) 15 people. After I talk to him, and if I can get enough people on board, I will give each buyer access to high-res files that you can print, and I'll give the exact dimensions, etc.
I'm also going to sculpt a cup of coffee and a ham sandwich, and make molds for them... no joke.

Back