Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts Dr H Floyd

Heywood Floyd.jpg

The last update I heard was in April; the boss said the production run was about to begin. He said nothing about a figure inside, or any head sculpt. The photo above is definitely a custom job. The genuine ER suit has a chrome steel neck ring with a polished mirror-finish.

A body with a generic head would be better than an empty suit, and I was told ER couldn't get the rights to William Sylvester's facial likeness.

That said, I'm still optimistic that a very good likeness can be done if enough people get on board. Personally, I would prefer to have Ulli Pecka do it, the sculptor at 'From Russia With Love'. He ain't cheap, but he's REALLY good sculpting and painting. And, he usually offers the paint job as an extra option, if you need to save some money and paint it yourself.

Here's a sample that I bought from him that I'm waiting to have shipped to me for my Thulsa Doom custom project, armor and clothing by 'Scaletta'... The head cost $85 unpainted, with no rooted hair. He produced two different heads; one to fit inside the helmet and the other, in the photo. I bought Both versions for $150.

The reason I tell you this, is because I would also like two versions of Haywood Floyd; One with helmet off, and one with the bonnet and earphones to be worn under the helmet. Therefore, I'm guessing the cost for both versions would be about the same as Thulsa Doom: $150 for both... *IF* enough people will commit to it, and Ulli agrees to do the job.
90527880_554533715176504_7801740155391311872_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts Dr H Floyd

I would like to know where this photo came from; who did this custom? It looks like they printed my custom-made reconstruction of the survey photo of the moon, sitting behind the figure's legs. (I posted it here a while back, and evidently he grabbed and printed it... in the low-resolution format that I posted.)

After the figure comes out, I'll be selling sets of the four different survey photos that I recreated in Photoshop, in 1/6 scale. They will come in a clear plastic sleeve, with the blue Clavius Base logo sticker on the outside corner of the sleeve, as seen in the film.

I'm not angry, but it's a little inconsiderate if this customizer didn't give me any credit for the image he printed. It required a LOT of time and research to do these four images with such a high degree of accuracy.

SURVEY - 04 - mozaic.jpg

Last edited:
Update of sorts received today on (I presume) the Clavius Suit release, I'm only assuming because it doesn't mention the suit anywhere on the e-mail.:

Thank you for your order. We are still in production and experiencing delays due to Covid. We will provide updates as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your order and please know we are still releasing this figure. ER

I’ve had my clavius suit on preorder so long my credit card expired. I doubt we’ll ever see it, but I keep approving the delay

I’ve had my clavius suit on preorder so long my credit card expired. I doubt we’ll ever see it, but I keep approving the delay
I do research work for the company, and the Clavius suits ARE coming. The delays are strictly due to shipping containers being stalled at the ports.

Also, I had high hopes for the 7" figures, but sadly, I think they look like crap. The face of Moonwatcher looks somewhat cartoony, and the other head sculpts are ridiculously bad. The Dave Bowman figure has an alternate green helmet, but not green gloves to go with it. (poor research) They have time to fix it, but don't hold your breath.

I thought ER was working on a Moonwatcher as well as a couple of other figures. Whatever happened with those?

I thought ER was working on a Moonwatcher as well as a couple of other figures. Whatever happened with those?
It's a race between slow freight movement at the China ports and the duration of the franchise license... no news yet on Moonwatcher, but... there IS something else amazing coming... with lights.

Back