Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the Rookie version: Taiwan Express

I like it, but.........after really having it for a few weeks, I feel, for the money, Enterbay should have definitely used a body with less visible joints.

I feel like it's a good collectible that could have been a really special collectible. That said, the dynamic dunking pose looks great.

Are you talking about these boxes?

Attachments

• 20180218_215154.jpg
    20180218_215154.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20180218_215015.jpg
    20180218_215015.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 157
No, unfortunately. Yeah, it sucks that the only scale is 1/6th. I think if there's enough demand for the 1/9th scale Air Jordan line, THEN maybe they will start producing them. Maybe if enough people complain about it.

Yeah, the only MJ figure I own is the 1/9 from EB, and I'm very happy with it, but I wish EB had included extra sneakers like they did with the Curry figure. I like the black 11 he comes with, but I'd like some white 6, 7, and some 10 and white 11.

If anything, you could sell that one you have and try to get a 1/6th scale. That's what I would do. Once you get the 1/6th scale Michael Jordan, you most likely wouldn't even give the 1/9th a 2nd thought.

If anything, you could sell that one you have and try to get a 1/6th scale. That's what I would do. Once you get the 1/6th scale Michael Jordan, you most likely wouldn't even give the 1/9th a 2nd thought.

I prefer the smaller scale for this type of sports figure, and I like the articulation of the 1/9 scale. In fact, I wish EB would make an 80's MJ in 1/9, maybe the 88 dunk contest version, since that was one of his most iconic images.

I saw a guy who took the rookie MJ and customized to look like the 87 dunk contest MJ and it looks great.

h6Zbkab.jpg

bisIgzY.jpg

F2U2hgr.png

mzEHCCA.jpg

Pretty damn nice. The only problem I have with the 87 contest is the fact that he lost to Dominique Wilkins that year. A year later he DOMINATED Wilkins. In my experience, the 1/6th scale is big enough for small details and small enough for poseability. And the market cateers to 1/6th scale. More options.

Pretty damn nice. The only problem I have with the 87 contest is the fact that he lost to Dominique Wilkins that year. A year later he DOMINATED Wilkins. In my experience, the 1/6th scale is big enough for small details and small enough for poseability. And the market cateers to 1/6th scale. More options.

MJ won the 87 contest. It was the rookie 1984 version that lost to Wilkins.

KtJKxxn.gif

I stand corrected :slap

I looked it up and found that Larry Nance won the '84 contest and Dominique won the '85 then spud Webb in '86. What made me think Jordan lost the '87 contest was because apparently he won using the same free throw line dunk. I had never seen the '87 dunk so I just assumed he did the free throw line dunk for the first time in '88. So yeah, I stand corrected. Damn it.

I just don't understand how he won both '87 and '88 using the same dunk.

:lol

He did it in 84 too and twice in the 88 dunk contest. :lol Both Wilkins and MJ just did the same stuff, like their greatest hits or something.

Here's a compilation of ALL his contest dunks.

I think he improved a few of them over time. 16:37 he put his arm and elbow inside the rim. That one was in 88. I think he was overall at his best in 87.

I stand corrected :slap

I looked it up and found that Larry Nance won the '84 contest and Dominique won the '85 then spud Webb in '86. What made me think Jordan lost the '87 contest was because apparently he won using the same free throw line dunk. I had never seen the '87 dunk so I just assumed he did the free throw line dunk for the first time in '88. So yeah, I stand corrected. Damn it.

He did the free-throw line dunk 4 times in the dunk contest and once in the Magic Johnson all star night charity event in 89 or 1990.

This is very rare. This might be the last time he did it....in public anyway.

Wow...... I never knew he did it that many times. I started collecting Michael Jordan pictures, cards, figures and whatever else I could in 1990. I only saw the sports illustrated music video of his '88 slam dunk contest never realizing anything before that. Since then, I've lost my collection of over 5,000 pictures, over 100 cards, multiple magazines including the holographic sports illustrated, 3 starting lineup figures, and 2 pairs of Air Jordan shoes handed down to me from a friend in middle school that didn't fit me. So I began collecting again just a few years ago. I don't have much, but I do have a NIB pair of Air Jordan XX1, his 3 upper deck box set figures, an authentic 1997-98 play-offs Jersey that's too big for me, a pair of Air Jordan VIII play-off shoes, two 1/6th Enterbay figures and all 14 pair of 1/6th scale Air Jordan shoes to go with him. I think it's a better collection than I had when I was a kid. Michael Jordan will always be the best in the world, to me anyway.

No, I just recently found out about a pair of Air Jordan 1 shoes that are Nicknamed "shattered backboard". I didn't think much of it though.

What is that uniform he's wearing? It's funny how they used crocodile Dundee music for the video.

Yeah, they are orange and black.

Attachments

• air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-shattered-backboard-release-reminder-01.jpg
    air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-shattered-backboard-release-reminder-01.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 144
Back