Enterbay Michael Jordan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Purchased one, although I think these will be had below retail like the recent rookie versions of MJ.
The limited edition lottery rookie Jordan, that’s somehow back up for sale on their website for their Christmas sale right now :lol

I'm not sure if anyone really cares about the fact that none of the Enterbay Michael Jordan figures come with the original retail box for each pair of Air Jordan shoe model so I'm asking for anyone and everyone to give me their opinions on this matter as to how in-demand these 1/6th scale replica boxes are or if anyone even cares.

I'm asking because I've recently acquired 2 Enterbay Michael Jordan figures and I thought it would be badass to have all 14 numbered model Air Jordan's that he wore during his career on the Chicago Bulls and their corresponding original retail box with Michael's actual shoe size on the detailed 1/6th scale legible factory label.

I haven't found any of these boxes being developed or produced by Enterbay or anyone else so I decided to make these boxes for my own collection. I have made 3 different boxes so far. I don't know how to submit photos with this reply but I do have pictures available. If this interests anyone, please let me know. If you'd like to see some pics of these boxes, go to deviantart.com and search for Ronlwhite93.

I'm not sure if anyone really cares about the fact that none of the Enterbay Michael Jordan figures come with the original retail box for each pair of Air Jordan shoe model so I'm asking for anyone and everyone to give me their opinions on this matter as to how in-demand these 1/6th scale replica boxes are or if anyone even cares.

I'm asking because I've recently acquired 2 Enterbay Michael Jordan figures and I thought it would be badass to have all 14 numbered model Air Jordan's that he wore during his career on the Chicago Bulls and their corresponding original retail box with Michael's actual shoe size on the detailed 1/6th scale legible factory label.

I haven't found any of these boxes being developed or produced by Enterbay or anyone else so I decided to make these boxes for my own collection. I have made 3 different boxes so far. I don't know how to submit photos with this reply but I do have pictures available. If this interests anyone, please let me know. If you'd like to see some pics of these boxes, go to deviantart.com and search for Ronlwhite93.

i believe i've seen folks printing the boxes themselves. though how did you even manage to get all 14 shoes did enterbay released all of them in 1/6?

Unfortunately, Enterbay hasn't produced all AIR Jordan shoe models yet. That's what was frustrating me so during my search I came across several eBay sellers that sold 3d printed Air Jordan shoes. Most of which were sold as keychains and some without keychains. If you search eBay for AIR Jordan 3d keychain, you'll see what I'm talking about.

dear enterbay when will the tongue out version come out.

i need one to match my open mouth candyman

regards,

ws

Unfortunately, Enterbay hasn't produced all AIR Jordan shoe models yet. That's what was frustrating me so during my search I came across several eBay sellers that sold 3d printed Air Jordan shoes. Most of which were sold as keychains and some without keychains. If you search eBay for AIR Jordan 3d keychain, you'll see what I'm talking about.

because it's 3D printed it cannot be used as accessories as it'd be too fragile to fit a foot or peg. there are some AJ for 1/6 but not sure if they just recasted EB's or created themselves but for shoe box, not sure if most AJ comes in standard box or special printed box but i'm sure you can get scans from hybebeast sites and have them printed in 1/6 scale.

I assure you that the shoes are not fragile. They are made of ABS plastic which is shatter proof and flexible. In any case, I'm making the boxes in Photoshop and printing them on cardstock. If you know how to post pictures with a message, please tell me how. I'm proud of these replica boxes I've made and I kinda want to post them here because apparently no one gives a damn on deviant art.

I assure you that the shoes are not fragile. They are made of ABS plastic which is shatter proof and flexible. In any case, I'm making the boxes in Photoshop and printing them on cardstock. If you know how to post pictures with a message, please tell me how. I'm proud of these replica boxes I've made and I kinda want to post them here because apparently no one gives a damn on deviant art.

you can post it here, at quick reply there's a icon you can click on to upload pictures. it's the 3rd icon from the right side.

but you need a really fine printer to print fine stuffs.

This is the original Air Jordan VIII retail box 1/6th scale replica

Attachments

• JPEG_1519634705617_1229392770.jpg
    JPEG_1519634705617_1229392770.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 103
These are the 3 boxes I've made so far. Still works in progress.

Attachments

• 20180301_161436.jpg
    20180301_161436.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 149
very impressive. what printer you used for those fine prints?

you should try selling on ebay. should be good money.

So how much do you think I should charge per box?

i've only seen pictures so i don't know how it looks on hand and how close the textures would mimic the original 1/1 boxes.

and since i don't know the time & cost to produce each box i guess i can't help much here.

if inks aren't too costly and it takese few minutes to print a box, i guess something like $5USD sheet + postage? you can choose to sell per box or per sheet containing multiple boxes.

It's the time it takes to create each box template. It's one sheet per box and the paper is $15 for 150 sheets. It takes me about 8 hours to create a template which includes the factory labels and graphics. Ink is $45 per combo pack of black and multicolor. They're not going to have the same textures as the original boxes are semigloss and glossy finish. I'm using 110lb cardstock so everything is matte finish and sturdy as a shoe box that scale should be. Yes you can easily crush these boxes but then again, you can easily crush a full size shoe box as well.

It's the time it takes to create each box template. It's one sheet per box and the paper is $15 for 150 sheets. It takes me about 8 hours to create a template which includes the factory labels and graphics. Ink is $45 per combo pack of black and multicolor. They're not going to have the same textures as the original boxes are semigloss and glossy finish. I'm using 110lb cardstock so everything is matte finish and sturdy as a shoe box that scale should be. Yes you can easily crush these boxes but then again, you can easily crush a full size shoe box as well.

since you already spend the time to create the template, the price comes down to the time it takees for you to print each box and the cost for each box plus how much profit you are thinking. i don't know how much boxes can an ink cartridge print so you have to figure it out. you probably have figured out what type of card to use since some brands have released boxes in 1/6 scale and no ones complaining.

Well I've made 3 boxes out of 14. I think each box should be sold according to the time it took to design the box template and the complexity of the graphics and considering the number of prints a pair of cartridges can do before replacement like you said. I don't think the price should go down just because I already made the template though. It still took talent and patients to make them. What brands of 1/6th scale shoe boxes are you referring to? If I'm bothering you please tell me.

Well I've made 3 boxes out of 14. I think each box should be sold according to the time it took to design the box template and the complexity of the graphics and considering the number of prints a pair of cartridges can do before replacement like you said. I don't think the price should go down just because I already made the template though. It still took talent and patients to make them. What brands of 1/6th scale shoe boxes are you referring to? If I'm bothering you please tell me.

it's up to you, if you aren't selling, you aren't making anything out of the time you invested though i know it's your hobby to do so.

the boxes are just generic boxes from some 1/6 sets, they aren't shoe box but they are holding up well so i don't think the durability is an issue.

if you plan to sell it, you should consider the quality of the ink & paper, will they last long under normal situation, or will the prints fade? you need to figure out those things yourself.

Back