Enterbay - GiRLFRiEND - Beauty Doll Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really seeing a great likeness, & the outfit kinda looks "cheap" to me, in these pics. Better pics might pop up later. But for now, not too impressed.

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

I'm no troll, but I think this figure looks terrible.

I do find the actress extremely pretty though.

Would never buy this but don't understand why this is "wrong" when something like Babydoll is "right". They are both dolls or "figures" or whatever we like to call them. Just because one's based off a Hollywood film doesn't make it "right" and these that are losely based off of fantasy "cosplay" or whatever of an actress (whom most of us don't know) is a subpar collectible of the "doll crowd". Thats a little condescending imo....

Would never buy this but don't understand why this is "wrong" when something like Babydoll is "right". They are both dolls or "figures" or whatever we like to call them. Just because one's based off a Hollywood film doesn't make it "right" and these that are losely based off of fantasy "cosplay" or whatever of an actress (whom most of us don't know) is a subpar collectible of the "doll crowd". Thats a little condescending imo....

Some folks had a problem with the name of the line, ie "Girlfriend", not so much the line per se.

I guess if it was a female celebrity I was more familiar with, this figure might not be so uninteresting to me.

I actually like the idea of a female celebrity line. The "Girlfriend" name doesn't bother me :D

Found another pic.

550540_375814735826399_1271596746_n.jpg

I just feel like there's something lacking with the head sculpt. A lot of the problems with female figures is that the head sculpt is often more emotionless then male characters.

I'm no troll, but I think this figure looks terrible.

I do find the actress extremely pretty though.
this :lecture
I guess if it was a female celebrity I was more familiar with, this figure might not be so uninteresting to me.

I actually like the idea of a female celebrity line. The "Girlfriend" name doesn't bother me :D

this too! :goodpost:

2012102915172384185300.jpg

naturalbornlovers.jpg

12577652_997294.jpg

They based the figure on this movie, hense why the figure looks like it does with the ugly nurse outfit.

The paintjob should have incorporated make up after the usual flesh tones and whatever.

I also think that after the hair is pulled down and covers the forehead, that it will look much better.

That said.... the costume, the hands and seems like the body looks like to be poorly made.

But to be fair, HT in the past has made their fair share of ugly female figures.

My guess is that the only thing even close to being finalized is the sculpt and maybe the general outfit. The body and such is probably still being worked on and I think the outfit somewhat lacks form which will probably be addressed too. It doesn't seem to actually have been designed/tailored with that specific body in mind.

So then they are exactly the same as Hot Toys fans? :monkey3

Oh no, not at all!
We Sideshow/Medicom/Hot Toys fans pay horrendous prices for man-dolls, not fashion dolls!

But seriously, there's naked bodies that cost over 300 bucks in the fashion dolls market...

I tend to prefer to watch a woman's body over a muscled guy's body, so I was excited about this new line.. but those pics blow..
We're in 2012 & that hardly looks better than a CY Girl from 10 years ago.
Plus I'd prefer to see a cute japanese lolita over a Hongkongese star. They're already dolls, all there is to do is a good headsculpt (& a good wig).
3302884708_c228e8a973.jpg

Last edited:
Back