Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think WOD still looks as good today as it was back then and is still as good as HTs current standard.

Which HT figures were on par with the WOD back then exactly?
Im also one who thinks ETD A has the best likeness.

Well thats your opinion and everyones entitled to one, I respect that.
If you want to say that WoD's standard is upto HT's current standard, I cant really argue with you much can I? and also I dont want to go there...

If Im not mistaken WoD came in 2007, the same time as the Rambo line for HT, and like I said when it boiled down to just the figure Rambo's likeness to Sly was MUCH closer than what Tong Lung's likeness was to Bruce Lee.

Also I mentioned that a LOT of people believe that EtD A has the best likeness... you are one of them. Ok

I personally believe the Fist of Fury to be more accurate to the movie it's based on. EtD A's eyes look neutral instead of focused and his face doesnt have the gaunt demeanor that Bruce had throughout the movie, and the paint job on the face doesnt really help show the really great sculpt Arnie Kim did. Thats why I believe that ver B has the best likeness among the EtD's released. Its more accurate to the O'hara fight scene on which its based on and its paint job, though not great, is much better at complementing the sculpt.

And frankly dude you disagree with what I say? you are welcome, you want to elaborate why you do? even better... let me be clear Im not a Enterbay hater for god sake but Im no blind fanboy who'll disagree with someone who says that most of Enterbay's final products havent matched up to what was shown as their Prototype. Thats all this whole point of discussion was about, not about HT's quality against Enterbay's

Well thats your opinion and everyones entitled to one, I respect that.
If you want to say that WoD's standard is upto HT's current standard, I cant really argue with you much can I? and also I dont want to go there...

If Im not mistaken WoD came in 2007, the same time as the Rambo line for HT, and like I said when it boiled down to just the figure Rambo's likeness to Sly was MUCH closer than what Tong Lung's likeness was to Bruce Lee.

Also I mentioned that a LOT of people believe that EtD A has the best likeness... you are one of them. Ok

I personally believe the Fist of Fury to be more accurate to the movie it's based on. EtD A's eyes look neutral instead of focused and his face doesnt have the gaunt demeanor that Bruce had throughout the movie, and the paint job on the face doesnt really help show the really great sculpt Arnie Kim did. Thats why I believe that ver B has the best likeness among the EtD's released. Its more accurate to the O'hara fight scene on which its based on and its paint job, though not great, is much better at complementing the sculpt.

And frankly dude you disagree with what I say? you are welcome, you want to elaborate why you do? even better... let me be clear Im not a Enterbay hater for god sake but Im no blind fanboy who'll disagree with someone who says that most of Enterbay's final products havent matched up to what was shown as their Prototype. Thats all this whole point of discussion was about, not about HT's quality against Enterbay's

Dont worry, my friend, Its just my opinion.
As you said, were all entitled to them.
I agree with the eyes being "neutral" on the ETA A but thats both a good thing and a bad thing IMO.
There are parts in the film where Bruce is like that.
I also agree that the blush wasnt needed in the paint job.
I liked the paint job on the nokia GOD a lot better.
Im not accusing you of being a enterbay hater or whatever. The thought never even crossed my mind.
As for the final quality compared to the proto, I cant really say as I cant remember seeing any protos.
:1-1:

What are all the downsides from owning a figure with a rubber body?

Paint chip and more limited articulation immediately spring to mind.
I only got my 1st rubber body figure yesterday(big chap alien) so I dont know as much as other members who have had them for longer.

Not yet :monkey2
I still have to wait 10-14 days.
What about you?
Im probably gonna order him from Toys2 tonight. I have him on pre-order at SS and Ive gotten my notice but when I got my Royce from them the box looked terrible. Ive been getting my figures from Toys2 because the Eric guy ships them in good box and they are always very protected.

@Terminator_Fan_Game

Im glad its cool, and sorry If I appeared aggressive. Didnt mean to :)

also as for Rubber bodies i've seen my friend own the Alien Big Chap for the last couple of years, there doesnt seem to be a problem. But recently once when I went to his place when it was being cleaned, I saw that the rubber was a little sticky feeling. Also he has never changed its pose ever since he first posed it for display.
However Ive seen scary pictures of people whose Rubber exoskin start to crack on the joints when kept in a dynamic pose for a long time... I think the downside to rubber bodies is too much maintenance and you cant pose it dynamically for long as the rubber will break losing its elasticity. Something which will be a waste for Bruce Lee cause a Bruce Lee without a dynamic pose in the GoD suit seems like a waste...

@Terminator_Fan_Game

Im glad its cool, and sorry If I appeared aggressive. Didnt mean to :)

also as for Rubber bodies i've seen my friend own the Alien Big Chap for the last couple of years, there doesnt seem to be a problem. But recently once when I went to his place when it was being cleaned, I saw that the rubber was a little sticky feeling. Also he has never changed its pose ever since he first posed it for display.
However Ive seen scary pictures of people whose Rubber exoskin start to crack on the joints when kept in a dynamic pose for a long time... I think the downside to rubber bodies is too much maintenance and you cant pose it dynamically for long as the rubber will break losing its elasticity. Something which will be a waste for Bruce Lee cause a Bruce Lee without a dynamic pose in the GoD suit seems like a waste...

:)Yeah, no probs, my friend. If I came across as aggressive or whatever, I didnt mean too either.
As much as I love my Alien big chap, im kind of wishing that it was plastic instead of rubber now.
Im really worried about the paint degrading over time.:monkey2
You said your friends Alien has a slight sticky feeling to it?...mine does too so maybe thats normal? :pray:
I agree with everything you said about the rubber bodies though.
Ive now decided that Id rather have Bruce in a standard plastic body.:horror

:)Yeah, no probs, my friend. If I came across as aggressive or whatever, I didnt mean too either.
As much as I love my Alien big chap, im kind of wishing that it was plastic instead of rubber now.
Im really worried about the paint degrading over time.:monkey2
You said your friends Alien has a slight sticky feeling to it?...mine does too so maybe thats normal? :pray:
I agree with everything you said about the rubber bodies though.
Ive now decided that Id rather have Bruce in a standard plastic body.:horror

:)
I know, thats why Im madly on the hunt for the Enterbay GoD, better get one before Enterbay stops making normal vinyl bodies :p

also dont worry too much about the Big Chap, The paint has not degraded, its just that sticky feel from the rubber. Maybe you should keep it away from the lights, my friends display window has a tube light to it and the Alien is almost directly under it. I think that stickyness has got to do with the heat more than anything else, and yeah you really have to clean the figure quite often. The Rubber really picks up and sticks with dust, he never used to do that and his Alien has a lot of grime on it. However its not really apparent unless you look for it as the Alien's natural colour and texture blends with it

Another problem is rotting. I remember when Medicom released their regular Goku figure. There were a lot of reports of the neck area, which was just a rubber piece to make the figure look just like the cartoon, rotting. It did not interfere with the articulation, it was just sitting there.

It was later fixed by Medicom on their later releases. I got the SS Goku for about 2 years now and looks to be in exellent shape still. The only complain that I have is that a lot of dust gets stuck in that particular area.

168582_496315347556_52274677556_5947687_6968933_n.jpg

162608_496315392556_52274677556_5947688_1799783_n.jpg

166168_496316512556_52274677556_5947707_2465029_n.jpg

These go here as well.

So they should be, think the thread needs to be separated now!

The accessory list for this is badass!!
I will post the list up once I get the OK from EB

So they should be, think the thread needs to be separated now!

The accessory list for this is badass!!
I will post the list up once I get the OK from EB

Make us suffer, huh man?

I hope it's as least as badass as the Hot Toys Etd. I know the diorama is included, but I really don't care for those things.

What about a price?

The more I look at this the more I like it, may be this could be my 1st 1/6 from EB. Well done to both EB & HT for which they both look like making awsome BL figures, I'm seriously going to stop comparing & just appreciate the work of both these companies.

The more I look at this the more I like it, may be this could be my 1st 1/6 from EB. Well done to both EB & HT for which they both look like making awsome BL figures, I'm seriously going to stop comparing & just appreciate the work of both these companies.

Good post ;)

This is crazy lol I started smiling when I saw how cool this figure looked.

Don't get your hopes too high, or you'll be disappointed.

We all know how EB is always showing spectaular proto pics, get people all excited and POed. And have the final production looking way lesser, than what was shown.

I'd rather wait and see the actual thing before POing any of EB's stuffs now. Had learnt my lesson with Ip Man and WOTD statue.

Better to wait till the final thing comes out. Who knows, with the new bodies, EB might disappoint fans again like GOKU muscular. Quality control definitely not EB stronger points. Spectacular protos are often deceptive after the final is release. I wish to like EB but with their track record, final product ceases to amaze.

Back