Enterbay does DragonBall!!??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In taking apart the Enterbay body, I found it to be a CHEAP piece of crap. It has much less complexity than other bodies in the same price range. The Enterbay body seems to have been designed with cutting costs in mind above anything else. It has precious few quality pieces like screws and washers and springs- what few screws I could find seemed corroded. Many of the body parts did not match in color, either. The feet, crotch, knees, and arms are a different color plastic than the rest of the body. It makes me appreciate Hot Toys bodies all the more, and with the new Truetype that was previewed at Christmas, and is on the way to retail this year, the HT body is easily three times better than the Enterbay body. Makes me wonder why most Enterbay figures cost more than most Hot Toys figures. Enterbay is a rip-off. Enterbay's headsculpts are beautiful, but the rest of the figures are a cop out.

Can you show us some pics of the surgery you've done to the Enterbay bodies? I would like to see how they look in pieces and the inner-working of the body.

Can you show us some pics of the surgery you've done to the Enterbay bodies? I would like to see how they look in pieces and the inner-working of the body.

I sure will. I'm sorry I'm so slow to do it, I'm not a good time manager... but I will try to tomorrow.

OK!
So sorry it took so long to get pictures posted, but here they are! I have so many things in the works for one-sixth.com, that I have neglected posting pictures, some of which I've had ready for ages!

So let's get started: This page is about to become image heavy...

drag01.jpg

Goku's box. Figured I'd give you a look at what's involved in the whole figure while I was at it.

drag02.jpg

The packaging is okay, but it certainly isn't Hot Toys quality. Two boring unfinished cardboard boxes in a larger box. Whoopee.

drag03.jpg

Here's Goku shimmying out of his "bodybag". Interesting concept, but ultimately bad because...

drag06.jpg

Paint that isn't totally dry sticks to the cloth bag. You probably can't see it well, I found it hard to photograph, but hairlike fibers from that stupid bag were stuck in the paint. I have had two of this figure, both had the problem. When an action figure costs over $100, this is absolutely unacceptable.

drag04.jpg

As a quick aside, I'll address the one bad thing about Piccolo. As you can see, the coat is pretty nicely made, but dear God, those boots!!! F'n awful. Looks like cheap doll booties. Totally blows the look of the figure.

drag05.jpg

So poorly made.

drag07.jpg

So this is why I have had two Goku's- Both of them had a foot break off. You can see how crappily made their "new foot design" is. All held together by one thin pin, and it doesn't matter how strong the pin is if the plastic is crap quality, and this whole figure, except for the head and hands, are crap quality. This (and the aggravating "ratchet-click" posing system) is what led to my decision to convert Goku to a HT body.

drag08.jpg

So step one was to modify the head to go on another, less crap body. Sorta pisses me off I had to use my last Truetype thin for this, but oh well. First, I trimmed out the area between face and hair (the area I made a red mark in) to allow for better mobility. I still need to do some touch ups on the head paint, but that will have to wait for a "paint week"- Most of my time has been spent casting lately.

drag09.jpg

I removed the head connection socket, and hollowed his head out a little more to make room for a HT neck and socket.

drag10.jpg

Here's the victimized HT head- socket pulled out (and trimmed a bit), and the HT neck I would be using. (thin neck)

More in next post! Ran out of picture room!

drag11.jpg

Next comes the butchering of the Enterbay body. Notice the lack of complexity of this body, I stuck the foot back together to pose it for this.

drag12.jpg

The torso is amazingly UNcomplex. I just cut the body up the sides to break it loose and get the arms without damaging them. As I cut the body open, it smelled more and more of lead.

drag13.jpg

The view up inside. I don't know how anyone can claim Enterbay is better than Hot Toys- The Truetype body is so complex, and consists of so many mechanisms to better emanate human motion, while this thing poses about like your average GI Joe. I christen thee "Exitbay".

drag14.jpg

I don't know whether it's the cruddy plastic of the body, or clothing dye that wasn't properly fixed after coloring, (I suspect a little of both) but the bluish-purple marks you see on the body were made by his clothes.

drag15.jpg

We're getting there! Comparison shot of original garbage torso beside much more poseable new torso.

drag16.jpg

Full body shot of the conversion. I actually think this body looks more proportionate to the head, and looks more young adult rather than full grown man. I mounted the Enterbay arms in the Truetype body, (they were a better color match for the hands) it wasn't too hard, I simply had to enlarge the holes in the TT shoulder mechanisms a bit.

And now for completed shots!

drag17.jpg

Other things I did, process not shown: I made a mold of the better cuff, and cast copies of them without fuzz clumped in them. I reinforced the inside of his Gi with stiff felt. I sprayed his belt with Testor's "Dullcote" to get rid of the plasticy shine

drag18.jpg

I'm guessing Piccolo's body is a bit better quality due to the custom plastic color. I also really like that he is now a bit bigger than Goku, that looks "right" to me.
There you go! Sorry it took so long guys!

Sorry to see you go through the trouble of having to mod EB poor quality control. I'm surprised the ankle joints are still a problem since they look the same as the EB 3.5 Bodies which have more solid ankle joints.

Sorry to see you go through the trouble of having to mod EB poor quality control. I'm surprised the ankle joints are still a problem since they look the same as the EB 3.5 Bodies which have more solid ankle joints.

Part of the ankle joint problem appears to be the brittle nature of the foot plastic- Piccolo doesn't seem to have that problem, his feet seem more sturdy. I still much prefer the balljoint ankle type, they're so much easier to pose, and just plain more flexible. The EB foot just isn't as poseable. Anyway... I'm past it, and now I know to only buy an EB figure if it's something I just can't live without.

OK!
So sorry it took so long to get pictures posted, but here they are! I have so many things in the works for one-sixth.com, that I have neglected posting pictures, some of which I've had ready for ages!

So let's get started: This page is about to become image heavy...

drag01.jpg

Goku's box. Figured I'd give you a look at what's involved in the whole figure while I was at it.

drag02.jpg

The packaging is okay, but it certainly isn't Hot Toys quality. Two boring unfinished cardboard boxes in a larger box. Whoopee.

drag03.jpg

Here's Goku shimmying out of his "bodybag". Interesting concept, but ultimately bad because...

drag06.jpg

Paint that isn't totally dry sticks to the cloth bag. You probably can't see it well, I found it hard to photograph, but hairlike fibers from that stupid bag were stuck in the paint. I have had two of this figure, both had the problem. When an action figure costs over $100, this is absolutely unacceptable.

drag04.jpg

As a quick aside, I'll address the one bad thing about Piccolo. As you can see, the coat is pretty nicely made, but dear God, those boots!!! F'n awful. Looks like cheap doll booties. Totally blows the look of the figure.

drag05.jpg

So poorly made.

drag07.jpg

So this is why I have had two Goku's- Both of them had a foot break off. You can see how crappily made their "new foot design" is. All held together by one thin pin, and it doesn't matter how strong the pin is if the plastic is crap quality, and this whole figure, except for the head and hands, are crap quality. This (and the aggravating "ratchet-click" posing system) is what led to my decision to convert Goku to a HT body.

drag08.jpg

So step one was to modify the head to go on another, less crap body. Sorta pisses me off I had to use my last Truetype thin for this, but oh well. First, I trimmed out the area between face and hair (the area I made a red mark in) to allow for better mobility. I still need to do some touch ups on the head paint, but that will have to wait for a "paint week"- Most of my time has been spent casting lately.

drag09.jpg

I removed the head connection socket, and hollowed his head out a little more to make room for a HT neck and socket.

drag10.jpg

Here's the victimized HT head- socket pulled out (and trimmed a bit), and the HT neck I would be using. (thin neck)

More in next post! Ran out of picture room!

Wow. It's a good thing I didn't buy this figure. I can't believe these big companies like Enterbay and Hot Toys can release suck crap figures. Don't they understand that the better their quality is the more sales they'd make? I mean yea their probably doing fine with money but they could do a little better if their products were better quality.

the problem with china factories is that..the first order you gave them..they will give u 100% quality product... subsequent orders you gave them..they give you 80%...and if you don't complain to them... they will continue to reduce the quality till you do..

happened to quite a number of products that we ordered from china factories...

companies really need to send over a guy to QC the product..

the problem with china factories is that..the first order you gave them..they will give u 100% quality product... subsequent orders you gave them..they give you 80%...and if you don't complain to them... they will continue to reduce the quality till you do..

Should be EB's responsibility to see through this but I guess they haven't got a good management/operation going, since some of the quality is quite poor but also their releases isn't on time which seems to be effected from production.

Not just crappy figures, but crappy choice for licenses. :banghead

What do you expect of course these are gonna turn out horrible, they are from a horrible movie. So i guess the curse followed the toys aswell.

Enterbay or hot toys should do some real live action movie's based on cartoon's like the last airbender zuko and ang.

Should be EB's responsibility to see through this but I guess they haven't got a good management/operation going, since some of the quality is quite poor but also their releases isn't on time which seems to be effected from production.

hopefully the news of their management restructuring is a sign of change for the better...

i'm still waiting for the prison break figures to come out grrr

Quick post in case anyone is interested- I've had an emergency come up, and I need to make some quick cash- if anyone wants to buy my Improved Goku and Piccolo, I'll sell the pair for $220 shipped in the US if anyone is interested. Just PM me for details...

I'm thinking about asking for the Goku for my birthday, but I'm not sure if I want to use a freebie on it, or if it's worth getting.

How does Hot Toys do it right, then? Enterbay price points are as expensive are even more expensive. It is Enterbay's responsibility to get it right. Stories like these are so damn annoying.

How does Hot Toys do it right, then? Enterbay price points are as expensive are even more expensive. It is Enterbay's responsibility to get it right. Stories like these are so damn annoying.

HT doesn't always do it right, too. Look how much of an @$$ DX-02 turned out to be. Even the "improved" 3rd batch is seeping oil on the biceps! And to top it off, the oil seems to corrode the rubber if left unchecked.

HT doesn't always do it right, too. Look how much of an @$$ DX-02 turned out to be. Even the "improved" 3rd batch is seeping oil on the biceps! And to top it off, the oil seems to corrode the rubber if left unchecked.

You are right about that!

But at least they have the basics right like painting. So annoying Jet Li comes with corroded eyebrows, or Lord Godless of Storm Warriors comes with skin disease.

BTW, I have a dx02 coming. I'm wondering if you watch the figure everyday and wipe the oil, will it eventually stop??

Back