Enterbay Bruce Lee GOD Final Prototype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creature4000 said:
I found my new addiction in this peice... hmm .. how to make the display....

(1)Untitled-5(3).jpg

That's beautiful...

I was all over the Enterbay site last night and I can see that I'm going to cave in and order one of these direct from Enterbay.

I'm just waiting until I see some more collectors pics.

abstractharmony said:
I was all over the Enterbay site last night and I can see that I'm going to cave in and order one of these direct from Enterbay.

I'll post some pics when I get mine. I am very excited about receiving this one.

abstractharmony said:

From what I've seen of the figure (proto and final) - looks awesome! But I still think it's over priced to say the least.

Also - I watched GOD for reference last night and the jumpsuit for the figure doesn't look like the one in the movie. Mainly because:

1) The material on the figure is more of a fleece material. The material in the movie was very thin - spandex-like. It fits and hangs differently.

2) There's a seam down the middle front that I didn't see in the move costume. In that fleece material - kinda makes it look like kid's jammies.

3) The black striping isn't wide enough. I needs to be about twice as wide.

4) The figure suit is much more orange than in the movie. In the movie - it's yellow.

These are just minor nitpicks (because I'm a nitpick), but the price pushed it into the no list for me. I went to order one and just couldn't do it.

It's the price of TWO nice figures - if you think about it.

No complaints about the HS, though - best likeness to Lee I've seen - though he looks more like Bruce from Enter the Dragon than GOD (especially the hair).

I showed the pics of the figure to my gf and we've decided we're going to attempt to make a custom GOD Lee instead. Julie's making the costume - I'm sculpting the head (body by medicom).

I'll post pics when we're done.

IF the figure pops up for cheep cheep (less than 200) later -I'll snag it, though. hehe :)

I am very disapointed the paint job on this final product. I remember they said they transfer J.C. Hong paint job into this production Bruce Lee figure, but I can not see it. :monkey2

The paint job on this Bruce Lee is no better than $30 Dragon or BBI.

KamenGuyver said:
I am very disapointed the paint job on this final product. I remember they said they transfer J.C. Hong paint job into this production Bruce Lee figure, but I can not see it. :monkey2

The paint job on this Bruce Lee is no better than $30 Dragon or BBI.

Hey, KG - Yeah. I think part of the problem is that the proto pics showed a headsculpt that is a solid piece. The final head is hollow (to accomodate the interchangeable eyes feature). Hollow HS - without a decent coat of paint - will look very doll like and lacking in detail.

You could always repaint - but for me, that's another rub with the high price: I don't want to spend $300+ dollars on something that I will have to then repaint. People give me crap already for messing with a $150 figure - lol

,... wish i could afford it right now,..whata likeness,...looks awesome,.. and worth the price tag,...i like even better than the proto,.. amazing figure,.. :google

Last edited:
the diorama is wood, and I've seen leser wing chun wooden dioramas for the yip man that run up to $400-500 with the figure.
and the cheapest I've seen a plastic one is still $100.
So lets say that wooden diorama alone is $150, then $150 for the bruce lee which has lots of different hands and interchangeable eyes, aint bad.
If you consider its like an upgraded hot Toys.

and I reeeeaaally wouln't expect the prices to go below $200, because the minimum a retailer buys the figure at isn't even close to that. I only see higher prices on eBay.
And I think they've sold out selling directly from Enterbay to us or candian collectors, but I bet you could somehow snag one from the us distributor or an "unhappy asian colector :D" haha.

From the pics of the paint job, they definately went reeeeaal soft on this,.
I guess they didn't want to exggerate on the 5-o clock shadow, or the tones or anything. In fact, I think the eyes should be a little more glossier and the iris a bit bigger, but that's just form the pics i've seen from a guy who ALREADY received it?/?!!

But, like almost every figure I get, it always loks better in my hand :D

Oh, Def a awesome figure. Everyone just has their ceiling.

Like with cars - I can't commit to paying more than 35K for a car - no matter how nice it is.

$350 is about $150 above my ceiling.

The wood diorama is pretty sweet.

I've refrained from posting any additional comments on this figure until it was released and some of us (SLF, Gruff, etc.) have been talking about it since April on this forum. It is an awesome collectible, no doubt, and Arnie's BL sculpt is terrific but my intitial "gut reaction" still holds true about the price point now that we can see the difference between the incomparable proto pics and the final prod piece...

As I've mentioned all along I think it is a great pickup for around $170-180 but I can't justify paying $300 for it. Maybe I"ll get lucky and find a "previously displayed" piece somewhere down the road on ebay for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
As someone who is purchasing this figure, I admit the price tag is pretty hefty. I am not rich and I would have loved to pay less. However, after you consider the total package and licensing fees involved you can sort of make a case and sort of understand why it is so high. I know some people like to talk about all items that they could get for $300 and how this item is not worth $300. That's fine. Everyone has their opinions and a certain outlook on what a "figure's value" is to them.

All I gotta say to that is that collecting is not the most rational subject to use economics. Sure, most items (including 12" figures) have a certain base/reasonable price, but collectibles are funny in the intangible value that's bestowed upon them by those who are fans or those who are willing to pay more for it. Then there is the more real factors I mentioned before like licensing fees or a tightly numbered limited edition (the figure itself is numbered along with it's other components that form the total package).

I'm glad they made it and I'm glad I am getting one. :cool:

Yeah pretty whacky pic. They must have been trying to simulate Bruce's speed of movement. Pictures are so susceptible to manipulation, whether it be the colour, the lighting or the photoshopping, to the settings on your computer. I dare say this is going to look better on your shelf. One can only judge for oneself, and only heed the critique of others.

The price point has been debated before in this thread. I, too, were devastated on the price, at first. Then again, I'm used to paying higher prices for Sideshow figures. I just don't like letting money go. It's all relative. My first Sideshow figures cost half as much as they do now. The market here is small, so expenses are higher. It is the first issue, from a new company. Development costs are high, as a new body is produced, and aren't the interchangeable eyes glass. You're getting a diorama included. The shipping is free. You're a fan, amongst many, and 3500 isn't that many. Compare it to something like The Creature from the Black Lagoon at 5000 units. One accessory. Damn I should have bought two.

In the end you wont be able to get the GoD Bruce any cheaper, unless it's a fluke. Just don't forget, you haven't missed out. There's going to be many more Bruce's coming from Enterbay. How it pans out is anyones guess. Will they all have diorama's? Different body for the EtD Bruce? The rooted hair? Different sculpts, pertinent to the Bruce of the day. Costumes are going to be sourced by collectors. There are jump suits to be had relatively cheaply, if you aren't adept at sewing. Captain Action Kato is going to be sought after, for the costuming. Hmm, I wonder if his hat will fit.

what exactly is the purpose of the interchangable eyes? i thought u could just move them around but there appears to be a 2nd set of eyes in that pic above.

Back