Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

I should stop using the internet. Just ordered this Bauer figure and it wasn't even on my radar an hour ago. Another addition to my giant preorder list and I may yet add Palmer. :banghead:confused::rolleyes::D Those headsculpts are simply phenomenol.

Never bought an Enterbay product before - is it normal not to have seen full body shots this close to release?

Last edited:

Those headsculpts are insane... never seen anything like that in 1/6 :rock

Never bought an Enterbay product before - is it normal not to have seen full body shots this close to release?
What's normal?

I forget how they handled previous releases, but for Fist of Fury, we wont be getting pics till the end of the month and the official release date is ten days after that, if things go according to plan.

What's normal?

I forget how they handled previous releases, but for Fist of Fury, we wont be getting pics till the end of the month and the official release date is ten days after that, if things go according to plan.

That really is ridiciouls. I don't see why they can't show pictures any earlier than 10 days before a product's release. Its almost rude.

That really is ridiciouls. I don't see why they can't show pictures any earlier than 10 days before a product's release. Its almost rude.

I find it rude that someone presumes what the status quo is for how long you need to be presented with the product before it gets released. Would 11 days satisfy you? What would make you happy? Where do you get the notion, for whatever your answer is to that last question? They'll show you the product before it gets released. What's wrong or unfair about that? I just can't see where you are coming from, mainly because your post is barely more than a 'this sux' reply.

Does it have to be like Hot Toys where you get pics 6 months in advance? Then when they show you, it's sometimes hidden in shadow, pending approval, or they pull the pics because they stuffed up somewhere and want the pics pulled. Long pre-orders are just one of the things I dislike that about Hot Toys, because it means you have to pre-order too far in advance for any protection to be in place, for your order. Which also means, for someone in my position, you have to preorder to have any hope of acquiring the piece at a reasonable price. A pre-order which has to be paid up front. I'm sorry, but I can't see their way of doing business as beneficial to me in, practically, any way. It's all to suit them. I think that sucks, so I have pulled my support. I can't do more than that.

You don't have to support Enterbay if it's not to your liking either. They have a Jackie Chan coming, which I will purchase and I'll be waiting to see how Mr Bean looks when they decide to have full pics up. You ought to know they'll be doing more Bruce Lee's and a Kato. After that they have said they'll be doing more famous people, so be ready. Some people didn't like their Jet Li "Fearless' figure, and some don't like what they've seen of Mr Bean. Some people haven't even owned an Enterbay figure, so don't really know what it's like even holding one in their hands. Which makes me laugh at polls claiming Hot Toys as making the best 1/6th figures. Popular yes, popular licenses, yes, best manufactured figures, no.

Is your problem that you can't save up in time? Well that's unfortunate and something you'll just have to allow for in future. As a collector you have to adapt to the changing market. It's always been that way. I think you've been spoiled by Sideshow, totally.

Enterbay runs late. That's just how they roll so take all their release dates for what they are worth. They are, for all intents and purposes, a small operation. Those of us that have been praising them since they came out know this. Those of us that were buying $300 Bruce Lee Game of Death figures when everyone said we were crazy knew the deal: new company with growing pains but with a real commitment to producing quality stuff. Take the good with the bad.

They don't collect money up front or allow you to place an actual preorder by taking your billing/credit card information. There is no commitment to buy. You basically put yourself on an "interest list" and get allocated a piece direct from them at retail. No more, no less. I can relate to being anxious for receiving the new figures already. What I can't relate to is complaing about how they run their business if you understand what they are. Unlike most companies, if they run behind it is usually worth it.

It's not Sideshow folks. It's Enterbay.

You don't have to support Enterbay if it's not to your liking either. They have a Jackie Chan coming, which I will purchase and I'll be waiting to see how Mr Bean looks when they decide to have full pics up.

Exactly. Is it really that much to ask to see the full item before pre-ordering? I don't think so. Not many people would go to a movie if they only released one short teaser trailer a week before its release and nothing more. Hype sells things. Pictures are hype! I just don't see why that is so much to ask. If an item is ready to ship 10 days after it is finally shown, then they've had it ready for quite some time. I'll bet they have 10 minutes to take a quick pic and upload it to their site sometime before that.

As soon as Joe opens up orders, I'm ordering these two. Would I like more pics? Yes. But these are without a doubt the best 24 figures ever made, so the head shots will have to do.

Exactly. Is it really that much to ask to see the full item before pre-ordering? I don't think so. .

You're missing the point. They aren't even offering a preorder yet so they owe us nothing as far as pics go. They aren't asking for money or even a committment to buy. If another etailor offers one at this point that's up to you if you want to order.

Exactly. Is it really that much to ask to see the full item before pre-ordering? I don't think so. Not many people would go to a movie if they only released one short teaser trailer a week before its release and nothing more. Hype sells things. Pictures are hype! I just don't see why that is so much to ask. If an item is ready to ship 10 days after it is finally shown, then they've had it ready for quite some time. I'll bet they have 10 minutes to take a quick pic and upload it to their site sometime before that.

As soon as Joe opens up orders, I'm ordering these two. Would I like more pics? Yes. But these are without a doubt the best 24 figures ever made, so the head shots will have to do.

It is really not our place to ask, for reasons customizerwannabe explained.

I'm hesitant on the Mr Bean because he's not that big a deal to me. I could swing either way. I have no interest in the 24 figures. Never watched the show. Then again I put my name on the list for the FoF figure as soon as I was able to. I don't need to see it. Every BL figure gets better. I could wait, but I don't want to. It's not like it will sell out overnight. There's 5000 of them.

Why they choose to do what they do, the way they do, is not what we are likely to ever be privy to. SolidLiquid Fox gave some good insights to some of the reasons. You'll get your pics when the time is right and you can make your decisions and comments then, as you see fit. Before that, and sorry to say, but you just come off as whiney and overly demanding.

As far as hype goes, these are figures for collectors, and I dare say most boards have posted pictures of these head sculpts. They let their work do the talking and let the collectors get hyped up over them, maybe that's what you're feeling and is the reason you're acting weird. Sounds like it works. So I guess you were right about that.

From Tommy Richardson

20081029033204586.jpg.jpg
20081028074711643.jpg.jpg

There was originally a second "deluxe" release of the G.O.D. version in the release plan. It has always been expected, though, that it would be a battle-damaged version with the Kareem footprint on the chest, facial bruising and sweat effects. I'm wondering if this will be a simpler version without the display base.

What I'm wondering about is the eye system for the 24 figures. I can't see a seam line on the Palmer head to explain how you would adjust the eye position.

Yeah i was thinking about that,why they have a GOD Bruce in the preview,i will probably buy it as it will most likely have an improved GOD sculpt,sure hope so.

From that tiny pic you can already tell that the new GOD figure is superior to the original.

The 24 figures are a MUST for me. Simply astonishing.

Nothing concrete about the 2.0 GOD figure yet.....but people are saying that you need to buy a Nokia phone along with the figure.

WOW! Enterbay is simply AMAZING! Forget 24, I might go for a custom Allstate commercial guy!

Nothing concrete about the 2.0 GOD figure yet.....but people are saying that you need to buy a Nokia phone along with the figure.

really?That would be a shame if this figure turns out better than the first one.

Back