Enterbay - 1/4 scale RoboCop 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After long debate finally got mine. A quick few points for those of you who may still be on the fence:

Cons:
-The hands and finger rubber-like material is pretty crappy...it's like the ones you see in toys in a dollar store. It does have that nice movie-look but I believe the same can be achieved with hard plastic. A pair of articulated hands should be included as well although given the crappy rubber material they went with I doubt articulation would work.
-Aforementioned hands and gauntlet falls off very easily when trying to pose
-armor plates hard to remove
-limited articulation, it would also be nice to be able to articulate the head by hand and not just remote only
-lack of attention to detail on pain apps- it's not as good when you are spoiled by Hot Toys. There are small paint blemishes on my robo on the right thigh and blemishes on the stand (scratches on the surface) and small scratch on the remote control button
-master switch on Robo is finicky- I thought the remote function was broken until I pressed and repressed the switch a couple times
-crappy support stand design: I really don't think the Robo can stand on his own without risk falling over as the ankle joint is not the tightest, and the leg grabber does not seem to mitigate that risk either...enterbay should've gone with a waist grab. The grabber also does not have rubber lining to prevent rubbing on the figure...I fixed it by taping a piece of foam.
-the battle damage chest plate is poorly done...just doesn't look realistic. The damaged helmet though looks very nice.

Pros
-I had the Neca 18'' and thought it was great...until I put it beside the enterbay. The enterbay just looks like a Robo as he appears in the movies while the Neca looks like a blown-up Play Arts Kai...well not that extreme...but the Neca is definitely not as movie accurate to my eyes.
-I like the remote gun holster feature..but this is sort of negated by the fact that the mechanism is not movie accurate.
-Despite criticism about the paint color..I actually really like it. You will see the purple and blue hues under different lighting conditions. I guess they could've shaded it purple/blue like the Neca (and the HT?) but it's cool to see the armor change color depending on the light

Yeah but what lighting conditions do u need to produce those different colors?

-The Burke headsculpt gets alot of flak...but unless HT comes out with a Murphy sculpt (which I hoped they would as a summer exclusive but I guess that's not happening) this is as good as it gets. In terms of the realism and having a Murphy head with all the tubes, veins, and pulled skin over the mechanical mandible this sculpt hits all the marks. Would've been cool to have PERS and also to have it articulated though.

The bottom line is that if you're an 80's child and Robocop gave you nightmares then you should definitely get this figure. It's still definitely very expensive...I don't know how it could be more expensive than the HT Ed-209 or the 1/4 Endo given the engineering in those pieces...but at the end of the day it is what it is.

View attachment 120529
View attachment 120530
View attachment 120531

It did, I really should not of watched it being so young. I wanted to kill that guy from that 70s show Red. :lol

Nevertheless, great review, jlyc;6958110 but I am still on the fence. :eek:

You will be blown away!

even though it's only been a couple days I think I look at this figure more than all my others. I think it's the shiny paint and the head sculpt. The head with the weller mouth piece is right on the money.

The latest episode of The Hottoycast is up on iTunes, Stitcher and usual outlets.

This week we discuss this fine beauty along with ED209 and a few more like Red Snapper and Iron Patriot.

If you wish to wind away the rest of your sticky hot friday work day, look no further:

Hot-Toycast-logo.jpg

I got the figure thus morning.
there's 2 issues though... first the leg holster won't closed properly. there seems to be a gap
and my base has a lot of scratches

Enterbay - RoboCop

Lol, this thread is ****ing dead.

There's been a lot of speculation regarding HT's latest a releases about not meeting proto expectations, like TDK armory (all three) so, how HT's Robo will actually look like is anyone's guess atm.

I'm happy with this guy:

Unedited, natural light, *****es!

5ac15b0406da70d26395784b5e3aa435.jpg

3a9fb7f9fb48ac09ea6627ca3be55504.jpg

826f6d7bc6014bea6212efa191ad2d25.jpg

0cc8648d78f4f9c4c80ad0283195bcac.jpg

cde42beb4b8fc6c0a64bf4f65996b1a7.jpg

c6ac82a62827c97274b5a3a2631a6b32.jpg

fdb4499f8e682967aadfb4bb6fa5e5d4.jpg

18fc7e7118749da5521e6691eee29886.jpg

Great pictures, Franpincho! This thread really has died, huh? :lol But it's nice to see someone still appreciates this piece as much as I do! Sure, he may feel a little on the fragile side, but he looks amazing and has so much presence when properly posed and set up. Amazing pics, Bro!

Are you getting the HT 1/6 version? TDK armory was a flop?? I haven't been keeping up with the new releases, been kinda out of the loop.

Got this beast last week and not had time to crack it open until this morning. Not ashamed to admit I sat there like a goon for about 5 mins straight, just making the head turn from left to right and back again. Not sure how long the leg holster's going to last though as it seems to stick whilst opening, moves back slightly to far and then slowly whirs forward into the correct position. Not that I'm likely to ever use it much after today. Overall, very glad I changed my mind and decided to pick this up after previously deciding to just wait for the hot toys 'chair' version.

Lol, this thread is ****ing dead.

There's been a lot of speculation regarding HT's latest a releases about not meeting proto expectations, like TDK armory (all three) so, how HT's Robo will actually look like is anyone's guess atm.

I'm happy with this guy:

Unedited, natural light, *****es!

5ac15b0406da70d26395784b5e3aa435.jpg

3a9fb7f9fb48ac09ea6627ca3be55504.jpg

826f6d7bc6014bea6212efa191ad2d25.jpg

0cc8648d78f4f9c4c80ad0283195bcac.jpg

cde42beb4b8fc6c0a64bf4f65996b1a7.jpg

c6ac82a62827c97274b5a3a2631a6b32.jpg

fdb4499f8e682967aadfb4bb6fa5e5d4.jpg

18fc7e7118749da5521e6691eee29886.jpg

Great pics franpincho you certainly knew how to revive this thread! :clap

I think your predictions that you said a while ago might end up coming true in that this might be the definitive one to own and may have the best likeness to Weller as Robocop if Hot Toys screws up the likeness on the face plates like they have with the Batman Armory ones. :(

Got this beast last week and not had time to crack it open until this morning. Not ashamed to admit I sat there like a goon for about 5 mins straight, just making the head turn from left to right and back again.

I can totally understand that was one the main reasons I wanted to get this because it sounds like the real thing when the head moves! :yess:

Not sure how long the leg holster's going to last though as it seems to stick whilst opening, moves back slightly to far and then slowly whirs forward into the correct position. Not that I'm likely to ever use it much after today. Overall, very glad I changed my mind and decided to pick this up after previously deciding to just wait for the hot toys 'chair' version.

So there is a problem with it then?

IMG_2408_zps58434095.jpg

IMG_2406_zps9666690e.jpg

IMG_2398_zps04915cd0.jpg

IMG_2389_zps6a8446be.jpg

Brought mine to the recent FAMCON and displayed it on my booth. People were digging it seeing it person. Didn't hear one soul complain about this figure as much as people on this board.

www.facebook.com/kraftwerkbyjedthomas

I am not surprized, since that pose you put him is beautiful as it looks so natural and thus, looks like the real thing! :horror

Last edited:
Since I'm buying the Hot Toys figure and have no plans on getting the Enterbay, I hope it's the former! But the mediocrity of the Batman Armory faceplates (which I'm also getting) worries me.

Yeah that worries me to, ironically the EB one might be the one that looks the most like Weller out of the two. :(

What happened with the Batman face plates? Did they start out looking good on the prototype and somehow end up looking crap? Crap from the start, even worse on the final? Which.

Back